Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get the Chance to become a Founding Cabal in The Secret World!

Funcom employee Get the Chance to become a Founding Cabal in The Secret World!

Attention Guild Leaders!

You and your guild now have the chance to become one of the privileged few that have a unique opportunity to secure your guild’s prominence in The Secret World as a Founding 50 Cabal (cabals in The Secret World are equivalent to guilds in other MMORPGs). Leaders of guilds that are already in existence and who seek to have a presence in The Secret World may apply for one of a limited number of reserved spots.

Those selected for a spot as a Founding Cabal will receive the following:

• 1 Lifetime The Secret World account for the cabal leader
    • The Secret World beta accounts for the cabal leader to distribute to members. (Remaining beta time is limited and the keys must be used prior to 20th of June 2012)
    • 5000 bonus points for the cabal leader’s account for use on Funcom services and offers on your The Secret World account.
    • Your chosen cabal name reserved so that no other cabal may use it within The Secret World.
    • Guild Launch will provide selected Guild Leaders with 5 years of complimentary hosting via GuildLaunch.com!

How to apply

Guild leaders (and only guild leaders) may apply by sending an email to guilds@funcom.com. Please include the following completed form with your application:

The Subject Line should be your desired cabal name.

• Cabal leader’s The Secret World account name:
    • (If you do not yet have an account in The Secret World, get one here: https://register.funcom.com/mini_signup/tsw_signup_beta )
    • Cabal leader’s email:
    • Current guild website:
    • Number of active members in the guild:
    • What secret society will your cabal be part of:
    • (Templar, Illuminati or Dragon – find out more about the three secret societies in The Secret World here: http://thesecretworld.com/society )
    • How long has your guild been together?
    • What language does the majority of your guild speak?
    • What games are your guild members currently playing together?

By submitting this application, you certify that you are of a legal age to access The Secret World in your country of residence and that the information contained is accurate.

Completed applications will be reviewed by The Secret World staff and selected guild leaders will receive an email with confirmation and further instructions for continuing their guild’s reserved status as a Founding Cabal.

OFFER VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. FUNCOM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISCONTINUE THIS OFFER AT ANY TIME. EMAILS OF GUILD LEADERS SELECTED FOR INCLUSION IN THIS PROGRAM MAY BE SHARED WITH GUILDLAUNCH FOR PRIZE FULFILLMENT.

heh loosk like funcom is moving the remaining 50 ao guilds over to tsw.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    heh loosk like funcom is moving the remaining 50 ao guilds over to tsw.
    Don't you love how you have to basically pull teeth and threaten first-born children to get info on AO but Funcom will gladly shove info about their other crap right at ya?

Nah, only moving 50 guild leaders. I tried it and I'd only play it if it was free for life
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

I Imagine the same sort of offer was posted over on the AoC forums.

I went in with our Orgs original name of 'Ayredian Nightfall' rather than 'Venice Academy' as I am sure any Cabal with the word 'Venice' in it will be problematic in TSW.

Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    Nah, only moving 50 guild leaders. I tried it and I'd only play it if it was free for life
    Oh noez! They are stealing our leadz0rs!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Has the choice of secret society to be made NOW? And is it final?

Athen Paladins will open a cabal in TSW, always planned to. And still will always remain a faithful AO organization.

But we are not totally sure of the society in TSW, we were going to vote about it. You took us by surprise, Famine

Side note: already have a lifetime account, so the advantages will be for the org
    Last edited by Chrisax; Jun 13th, 2012 at 11:15:15.
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<guilds@thesecretworld.com>:
    Remote host said: 550 No such domain at this location

Ah, i see the e-mail has now changed to guilds@funcom.com
    Last edited by Dagget; Jun 12th, 2012 at 23:29:33.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Not even FC cares about AO anymore, guys. Old news.

Quote Originally Posted by Arguru View Post
    Not even FC cares about AO anymore, guys. Old news.
    It's starting to appear that way and we're all getting pretty tired of how they've all but abandoned AO.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Seems a little distasteful to do to a game that you know is already having trouble keeping numbers.

I would like to think of it not so much as abandoning AO, as it is showing generosity and rewarding their own player base. I have never seen another game company who has gone to their other communities, and offered to do this before, and not only that, but offering 50 players life time accounts based off their prices of life time accounts being at $250 per would mean funcom is giving up $12,500 to reward their current customers. Anarchy Online survived AOC, and they will survive TSW, Funcom has been spending a lot of time and resources into AO improvements such as the graphics engine and the new player experience, so to say that funcom doesn't care about AO anymore is just a stupid statement to make.
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

Offering entire orgs free accounts would be considered generous (and stupid, from a financial point of view).

Offering free accounts to a select few individuals who are capable of influencing the subscription decisions of others, and often times "responsible" for keeping the interest of other players, is just a "smart" marketing move. (Covering the cost of one guild leader to ensure they continue playing, which in turn would probably keep the subscription of at least one other player, pays off in the end.) Only I wouldn't call it smart, since they're stealing subscriptions from their own game (most people won't play both), and the fallout from further perpetuating the sense of abandonment towards AO could even be more costly in the end.

I don't mean to imply that this one thread is going to cause people to cancel in droves; it just seems untimely and distasteful. On one hand you have people hyping us up about the new engine and promising glorious changes ahead, and on the other hand you have someone attempting to relocate just about every active org to Funcom's new baby.

Anyway it's not like people on the forums actually play AO...
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Famine, you ve been away from AO too long...

In AO .... Guilds are called Orgs !
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

This offer is on AO, TSW and AoC forums.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    Offering free accounts to a select few individuals who are capable of influencing the subscription decisions of others, and often times "responsible" for keeping the interest of other players, is just a "smart" marketing move.
    Of course, it's a marketing question. But to make something clear: the two org leaders I know who posted here (Dagget and myself) have both already pre-ordered long before this offer was made and their respective orgs had for a long time the project to be present in TSW AND always be present in AO.
    Also, as for myself, I already have a lifetime account, so the advantages will be for the org only, if selected.

And, that said, I'll be tonight in AO, as almost every day since 2001, leading a raid... leading one everyday or so and keeping on.

AO remains something unique in the world of MMO's. It's also our home. I hope FC will be able to focus more on AO once TSW is launched.
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisax View Post
    I hope FC will be able to focus more on AO once TSW is launched.
    rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Thorneee View Post
    Anyway it's not like people on the forums actually play AO...
    >.> I do...
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Are there actually people here having trouble with the concept of Funcom reaching out to the customers they already have with an offer on their new product?

(pageclaim for Marketing 101)
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast