Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where did the honor go?

If i wanna duel someone in the arena i always get ready for the option of getting ganked... actualy i think its fun

Re: Done with this thread

Originally posted by SpikeMyPunch

Honor? That lasted about as long as a fat girl in a dodgeball game. There are a few good people out there, but they'll always be outnumbered by the kiddies looking for a laugh.
    LOL

OMG

I just got home from a bar

i had a few

and THAT IS ONE OF THE FUNNIEST things i have heard in a long time

dude that is very funny

i wish i thought of it

p.s. there is no sarcasm intended here that realy was funny as all hell.

i bow down to your ten posts

you are truley wise
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Re: Done with this thread

Originally posted by SpikeMyPunch
    The original question: "Where did the honor go?" - is rhetorical and won't be answered. Simply put, there will always be ass*****. Honor? That lasted about as long as a fat girl in a dodgeball game. There are a few good people out there, but they'll always be outnumbered by the kiddies looking for a laugh.
    but it wasnt always so... you used to be able to duel someone without haveing to expect kids to jump in between... oh well, days long since past
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Spike & others,

You talk about 'honor' like you are the high priests and keepers of the word. What may be honorable and mature to you is not necessarily so to others. It may, perhaps, be the most obvious thing in the word to you - you may even find a few posters to agree with you - but that doesn't make your concept of honor any more correct.

For example:

1) My concept of honor is to never, ever, complain about a legal game action. Never. Only weaklings and cowards complain.

2) Your concept of honor is that 2 people dueling should be left alone.

Remember this is just an example...

Who's to say which one of these is 'correct'? Or mature? Do you see the problem here? You're trying to inflict your concepts on others to affect their play just as much as you claim other's affect yours.

All I can say is that people should play the game by the rules, with the software provided, and the rest is just a bunch of empty words.

-Jeff

Originally posted by Jaif
    [B]Spike & others,

You talk about 'honor' like you are the high priests and keepers of the word.
    Nope, he talks honour in the arena. Most people agree that ganking same side in the arena is dishonourable - a fact proved that the majority of regulars in the arena dont do it. I belive the majority are right

What may be honorable and mature to you is not necessarily so to others.
    That's cos they're average age is 13.

It may, perhaps, be the most obvious thing in the word to you - you may even find a few posters to agree with you - but that doesn't make your concept of honor any more correct.
    Nope wrong again - most people agree with him. The fact that you disagree just means you have a different oppinion, has nothing to do with who is 'right'. I go with the majority of AO players who disagree with you.

For example:

1) My concept of honor is to never, ever, complain about a legal game action. Never. Only weaklings and cowards complain.
    YOU'S THE MAN!!!

2) Your concept of honor is that 2 people dueling should be left alone.
    Damn right!

Remember this is just an example...
    Crap one eh?

Who's to say which one of these is 'correct'? Or mature? Do you see the problem here? You're trying to inflict your concepts on others to affect their play just as much as you claim other's affect yours.
    Nope majority of people disagree with you and think ganking same side is bad - theres a regular bunch of people who hang around in arena who you can check this with. We're the ones who gang bang the occasional ganker who comes in to spoil our fun. Note the word 'occasional' - if it were regular then obviously we'd be in the minority. But we're not

Killing your team in CTF is perfectly legal, and people will hate you just the same if you do it.

Coolglow

Actually its a stupid game.
    Honor?
    seriously....

Nerf Coolglow!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123