Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where did the honor go?

Lol, I needed a good laugh at work.

I remember Macmep tried to attack me once. He brawl, dimach me and it tickled. I healed a little then I attacked him, critted him twice and he ran away. I kept firing (using x-3 btw) after he zoned out of the arena. He tried to run out, and right as he was at the arena passageway , I aimed shot him right in the butt. In the words of Bugs bunny, "What a maroon."
    Millard "Zzzzzz" Peak - Adventurer
    And 5 other gimps too!

"I've never been so thirsty in my life!"
    - Half Baked

you want fair?

you want honarable?

go play chess
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Originally posted by besheba
    you want fair?

you want honarable?

go play chess
    no I still think there are some people out there that can be honorable...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Some are

But how honour is defined (I think honor is suck bad spelling ) can be questionable.

I gank every clan I see, gray, in combat, whatever. It's war and I signed up for this game to fight for my side, I enjoy pvp and I don't mind getting slapped back by a clan team because of it. I gank grays, even lvl 75 and I don't feel bad about it. I run when I'm in trouble to keep myself alive. It's war! Cept my clan friends like Earthmonster, Fatcrusher and Cyboot

But when I do kill a 75ish person and I can loot I loot it empty and contact her/him and give it back, because that's a little too harsh.

Do I have honour? I like to think I do, I'm quite consistent in my ways, no excuses.

Many however will say I'm a foul low-life ganker and Firerose/letah got many flames about my actions. PvP gets the worst out of people.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

I pvp for the fun, im a honourble pvper.
    And i think that whenever you enter the 0% or ANY PVP AREA you can get ganked.
    All the whiners here have no honour... if you dont wanna get ganked dont enter the 0% area.

Off Topic

Well, in regard to my post, my concern is not mainly with ganking. It's with interfering in other people's gameplay. Granted, should I stand out in the middle of the arena twiddling my thumbs, certainly, I'll expect a gank to soon follow. However, when I am mid-duel with someone, I really don't appreciate someone running up to alpha me OR my opponent. As Letah said, there's a certain honor in ganking a person, returning his/her items, and not acting immature about it. No need to flood my screen with /tells telling me how uber you are. As a matter of fact, chances are, if you hadn't ganked me, you probably would have lost.

But as Goldeneagle said, should you enter a 0% area, you can get ganked, yes. But I have to disagree with you when you say not to enter a mayhem zone. Why should I should I have to worry about that? I pay for the game just like everyone else. I understand, you can argue that point back and forth, blah blah blah. "Just don't PvP!" or "Be more Careful" etc. I know what 0% suppression means. I don't expect the situation to ever get any better. I'm sure it won't. I'm just trying very hard to understand why someone level 150+ would work so hard to try to team with my opponent, just so they can kill me at level 20? I wonder who would win that fight....
    Last edited by Mundane; Oct 29th, 2002 at 20:03:17.

this is easy to avoid start attack on each other in arena and then step out of arena both of you and u can attack each other with no one else able to do anything

when ever i am attacking at arena or mmd (mainly) i step in attack and step out

then i cant be attacked by other players

solution is simple u dont need FC to change the whole game
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

Are you people incapable of reading a thread more than two posts long? How come any thread like this always turns into a 'doh - its war be more careful'. The thread title is 'Where has the Honour Gone?' for those who can't keep up, go back an re-read the first post.

This has nothing to do with war, twiddling your thumbs in the arena, or Letah's personal style of 'gank' (which isnt ganking btw). The post was about what ganking really is - being an as*****. If it were one Clan guy being 'ganked' by ten Omni or a one-on-one duel I'd be the first one saying to the poster - 'shut up', same as you.

I am Omni - what if I saw another Omni my level in the arena and I sent a tell to three of my friends and came in and mass ganked the guy? What if he was lower level, so I logged in my low level alt, sent another tell to my friends and mass-ganked his ass? If this guy was clan I would have NO PROBLEMS with this. But he's my side and I've gone to the trouble of ganging up on him when I can get nothing out of it apart from some kind of immature laugh. Letah, you've said yoursef in this and other posts, that this type of childish ganking isn't the way you play. You wouldn't continue to be the most popular Doc on RK1 if you suddenly started doing this You have some honour

Try and distinguish between those who have a legitimate gripe about gameplay and those who are simply whinning.

Basheba, your starting to sound like some kind of cliche.

Coolglow
    Last edited by Cools; Oct 30th, 2002 at 03:18:21.

the only decent argument for honur is duels

so when u agree to duel do as i prescribed above

but if u are sitting in a pvp zone guess what

expect to be attacked

why is that sooooooo hard?

who is whining?

i am simply offering you a simple solution to what u want that easy take it or leave it

Besheba, once again, you miss the point of the thread. Did you even READ Fievskin's post before you decided to run that yap? It's not that we don't understand what happens in a PvP zone.. It's the fact that we have to be concerned with who's there, who's not. Yeah, I know I can step in then out... does me no good when (as Fiev was so kind to add) someone logs on a low level alt, plus 3 friends, just to laugh at my dead carcass. What's the point? Why do I have to worry about that?? As I said, I think it sucks that so many people have been totally shut off to the idea of PvP. Most have never tried, only watched. It can be great fun.. Mass Clan v. Omni battles.. Awesome time. Those people who have never tried (and maybe never will) will never experience that aspect of the game. I say, it should be open and available to all, which it is, but that certain few will take the fun from it in an instant. Read my first post in the thread. ITS NOT THE CLAN VS. OMNI PROBLEM.. its the trouble one has to go to just to get the kill. Teaming.. Logging alt's.. calling friends, yadda, yadda, yadda. Why go through all the trouble? It nonsense. That's the reason for this thread, or at least the reasons for my posts.

Example:

Ganking a guy in a MMD, fine. Repeatedly ganking him when he's just trying to get to the grid, I don't think there's a reason for that. "Ok, don't go to MMD." Sometimes, missions get rolled in MMD. I don't see why you need to keep on ganking him.. I've seen it done. Some level 50ish Omni just trying to get back to the grid. Was clueless about PvP. Never done it. After saving after his mission, he went into the compound, only to get ganked again, and again, and again. He kept shouting and asking that they let him pass, he's trying to get back to wherever he's going to.

Shouted replies: "LOL"

So there's nothing wrong with that? Is that what you're saying?Just because he's in a 25% zone? That's crap. He/she nor anyone else needs to deal with that. And don't give me that "Just run down to NLC." I understand fully that he coulda done that. What I don't understand, is why people trying to have no part in it, get sucked in, and can't escape. THAT'S the type of problem we're talking about, Besheba. READ THE THREADS BEFORE YOU POST. MAY HELP JUST A LIL' BIT IN THE FUTURE.

All of my characters are clanners. That said, guess which side ganks me the most? Guess which side is always bickering within itself? Guess which side is ALWAYS talking smack to members of its own? I''ll give you a hint - It's not Omni or Neutrals.

SpikeMyPunch, don't forget that a lot cases of what you call ganking is seen as harassement by Funcom. If you get killed by a high lvl repeadedly without reason you can petition against it after you tried /telling the person. If someone teams up with one of your lvl so that lvl 170 can attack your low lvl 10 alt then petition right away as well; Funcom is quite stern in that and *will* ake sure that person won't do it again (Sevine, my lvl 11 in my sig was killed by a lvl 110 trader yesterday, GM ashed responded and told me it was a severe case of grieving and would 'fix' that problem right away, kudos to how nicely the pet. was done)

Sometimes dieing can be 'lame' if an, in your opinion, 'lame' tactic was used. Some are allowed, but when it gets personal or it starts to put a real damper on your game enjoyment you can always petition and talk about it. I'm sure most people can see the differnce between normal gaming and grieving.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Thumbs up Lets get back to the 'Honour' theme.

I'm a little dismayed at 2 incidents that happened in the Omni Arena late last night and this morning.

Not being a PvP'er (who can be when you are a nano MP with 2900 HP ) myself and 2 friends went down to the Arena to try out some stuff, the effects of Mind Quake on an NT, how long an Enforcer can last against a demon, does the Mez pet actually DO anything, that sorta stuff.

All went well for 20 mins or so, we did most of the things we needed to do, other peeps had a try against the demon or tested their weapons against him etc. Then whilst 'fighting' Codestrap a lvl 182 NT, he was checking out NS against the demon, I suddenly get an 'Attacked by Xenome' message. Next stop reclaim.

For those of you that are unaware, Xenome is a lvl 200 Atrox MP with Demon and big gun.... (oh to have tons of spare IP)

I learned that he then attacked Codestrap who has just a few more HP than I do (like double) and who is better equiped to deal with being battered to death by a demon than I. Codie repulsed the attack and actually had Xenome down to half life when Xenome ran out of the Arena and terminated to avoid being killed 'in combat'.

Up until now, apart from Xenome being a total GOIT for attacking me when I was focussed on what was going on between my demon and Codie, you would probably say 'Ah well you were in the Arena so.......' and to a point I would agree with you. None of the 10 or so other players in the arena at the time felt the urge to attack me but what the hey.

The interesting bit comes the morning after. Having done experiments at higher lvl, my friend and I decide to do a bit of sparring at lower lvl, 77 and 76 to be precise. So off the the arena we go.....

When I arrive there the arena and the surrounding area look empty, save for a lvl 7 female Engie stood in the middle of the area with her bot. As my friend hadn't arrived and all was quiet I zoned into the arena, I didnt think the lvl 7 engie would pose a problem if she threw a wobbly and tried to batter me to death with her bot (not that she would have been able to under PvP rules anyways). No sooner had the Grace Period ended then I get an 'Attacked by Xenome' message!! I dont know why, but I had instinctively moved towards the exit machine during the grace period when I entered the area, had I not done so I would have been another notch on Xenome's belt. As it was, once I got outside, I had to find somewhere to zone to break agro as I got the message several times whilst out of the arena too.

Being rather happy to have been ambushed by this Goit twice within 12 hours I sent him a gentle tell questioning his parentage and enquiring of his likeness to a part of the female anatomy.

He proceeded to try to convince me that that was the first attack he had ever tried... 'I have never PvP before and have NEVER attack anyone before, I wanted to see what it was like, I do not know what to do' and 'I do not have a title, I have never PvP'. I then relayed the actions of the previous night and revealed that I was the one he killed and he changed his story to 'I was jumped by 10 people I never started it' and then he said 'I cannot possibly kill you anyway you are too low, I am 200 you are 77, it is not possible'. Then he said 'I will let you kill me, by excuse, come into the Arena you can kill me' as if I was gonna fall for that one!!

It was pretty obvious to me that this Gimpoid was laying in wait for anyone to enter the arena so he could attack them, he must have been hidden cos I couln't see him there when I looked from outside the arena nor when I zoned in. That coupled with the goings on the night before seems to indicate that Xenome is deliberately targetting people unaware of his presence and killing them before they have had time to react, where is the honour in that? And why should I be subject to that sort of behaviour when trying to get to grips with the mechanics of the PvP aspect of this game in the only place available to me where I won't (or am unlikely to) get ganked by clanners (this is not a post against getting ganked by the opposite side in a political area... been there..... had that done to me... avoid those areas ... move on )

Idiots like Xenome should be stopped surely...

It has since occured to me that the engie might well have been 'bait' for anyone curious enough about why a char is stood alone in the middle of the arena to enter and ask. Mebbe I'm being cynical?

Deepthought lvl 159 MP

Being 'Nice', 'Thoughtful' or 'Helpful' is NOT a weakness
    43! Inflation.

Hahaha

rotflmao

Xenome.

He's a "legend" (read negatively) by most of us. From all the people I know, all guilds 160+ people make sure *not* to team this guy. The last few lvls he had a hard time getting his xp because no-1 would group him. Not becuase of ppv reasons but because he ninja's all whats ninjable. If someone is faster then him then he /s in NLC saying <name> is a ninja x 10 etc.

He's *very* disliked, so I don't see it as weird he does this sorta stuff too. You just met the wrong person because normally Omni 75+ dont attack Omni 75+. Ofc sometimes bad stuff happens but hey, thats like RL

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Originally posted by GoldenEagle
    I pvp for the fun, im a honourble pvper.
    And i think that whenever you enter the 0% or ANY PVP AREA you can get ganked.
    All the whiners here have no honour... if you dont wanna get ganked dont enter the 0% area.
    Not very honourable if you ask me... what if you want to duel someone? Do you want to get ganked if you do?
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    What, was there ever honor in the arena? I never go there.
    I dunno about arenas, but in MMD a year ago, it was actually possible to duel without interference.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

for the third time

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND

if you are in a pvp area and i dont care whjat you are doing

EXPECT TO BE ATTACKED

Red face LoL

Besheba, your attention to detail astonishes me. Not only have you clearly assessed the posts in this forum, but you continue to inform those of us (who have no idea) exactly what a PvP zone is, and how to avoid being ganked. I retract my previous statement, as you have clearly shown you are competent enough to not only look at, but read (and understand) the topic at hand. I /prostrate before your vast wealth of wisdom and knowledge.

/sarcasm off

Stop hassling Besheba she is just expressing what most people that actually PvP already know. If you get ganked by someone then you now have someone on your list to gank... or if you have high friends they can gank your enemy for you. Those are the players that cannot step over the line in Tir and just hang out. Becuase they have already pissed off too many people and are KOS.

The honor system is still in place however you sometimes need some old friends to help "enforce" the system.

Done with this thread

My last post in this thread, as it seems to be meandering away from the original topic.

AGAIN-

1. We all know we can get ganked in PvP zone.
    2. We know we can step back behind the line into higher suppression.

-BUT-

The original question: "Where did the honor go?" - is rhetorical and won't be answered. Simply put, there will always be ass*****. Honor? That lasted about as long as a fat girl in a dodgeball game. There are a few good people out there, but they'll always be outnumbered by the kiddies looking for a laugh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast