Thread: Before you post your rant - remember the patch is still being TESTED!

Before you post your rant - remember the patch is still being TESTED!

I just wanted to remind people that before they begin a rant about things that they 'heard' were on test, please remember that the new patch is still being TESTED! 14.5 went through at least 7 revisions before going live, this patch will be the same.

While it can be constructive to give input into new items/changes without having actually experienced them yourselves, please remember that patch 14.6 is still a work in progress.

Let the rants continue....
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

Ah, but if you don't berate the things you don't like about the patch, and fail to defend the things you do like, the patch may go live without your imput.

FC may not take anything you say into account when judging whether or not to keep the changes or add more, but they CERTAINLY won't if you don't speak up.

But I think the point NurseBetti is trying to make is that some people are getting upset when they need not.

Some people are acting as if the changes are set in stone, when clearly they are not.

NurseBetti's point is calm down, make your feelings known about the changes, but don't burst a lung over it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong NurseBetti.
    Narama 209 MA
    Narakar 200 NT (gear)
    Kataq 137 Keeper
    Naracrat 137 Crat

Proud Member of TAG

RK1

Narakar I think you put it perfectly. I believe that is what Nursebetti is trying to say as well. I read all these threads just to see how mad people are getting over nothing. Test=Beta they are same thing trial and error. So half the things people are mad about will probally be tweaked out to work better in the long run. However I agree with some people complaining about nano requirments for soldier nanos however dont start the complaing till it is realeased to live like that. At this point none of us know if they are going to stay like that except the people behind the button(Funcom Programers).

Originally posted by Flintforge
    However I agree with some people complaining about nano requirments for soldier nanos however dont start the complaing till it is realeased to live like that. At this point none of us know if they are going to stay like that except the people behind the button(Funcom Programers).
    Well, yes and no. I agree with the spirit of this post, but while it may be true that none of us know that they will be released as they are now, we do have some history (recent) to tell us that it is likely. Just check the high end Advent self only buffs, and you'll see that this scale to Shadowlands has been around for a bit. It's not likely that the new buff requirements will be modified, as comparable nanos for other professions were recently introduced into the game.

It's true that we don't know what will be tweaked and tuned based on feedback from the Test phase, but there also has to be some realism on our part for our expectations.

Re: Before you post your rant - remember the patch is still being TESTED!

Originally posted by Nursebetti
    I just wanted to remind people that before they begin a rant about things that they 'heard' were on test, please remember that the new patch is still being TESTED! 14.5 went through at least 7 revisions before going live, this patch will be the same.

While it can be constructive to give input into new items/changes without having actually experienced them yourselves, please remember that patch 14.6 is still a work in progress.

Let the rants continue....
    before u state what you do let me remind you that they have very rarely if ever changed anything on the test server before going live
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Not true at all. Team missions for example changed every patch to test back then. Some stuff seems more 'fixed' than others mind you. I'd expect MOB pets to get tweaked a bit this time round, where-as I'd not expect the nanos to change (except to fix the bugs).
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Actually, normaly they change quite a lot of stuff before it hits live...

Oh... the first version of the teammissions... that was fun at least 3-4 mobs in every room..

BUT, they usually don't change the major components... like giving pets to mobs.
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

But I think the point NurseBetti is trying to make is that some people are getting upset when they need not. NurseBetti's point is calm down, make your feelings known about the changes, but don't burst a lung over it.
    You are exactly right Narakar, that was the spirit of my post.

Just check the high end Advent self only buffs, and you'll see that this scale to Shadowlands has been around for a bit. It's not likely that the new buff requirements will be modified, as comparable nanos for other professions were recently introduced into the game.
    Correct Vydas, there are new nanos that are being put in geared to Shadowlands, we all know that the level reqs are NOT going away.

Anyway, all I was saying is that it is good to give constructive input, but to start posting things like 'so and so profession is dead' because of this or that which may or may not be the way things are going to be, is a bit pre-mature!

*puts flame retardant pants back on*
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

Talking

Originally posted by Dhurdahl
    Oh... the first version of the teammissions... that was fun at least 3-4 mobs in every room...
    Oh yes... I remember thoose What we got on live was a pale shadow of the initial version... Sheer chaos...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

bugs fixed> somtimes
    changes to game> rarely if ever at all
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Well look at how many problems were obvious from 14.5 being on test, and how many got fixed? Very few. Feel free to bust a lung, but complaining or no, it probably will go live despite your feelings.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

I'm gonna bump this cause its relevant to a ton of posts and I love ya NB.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

In a perfect world...(certainly not Rubi-ka)..it is wise and useful to refrain from ranting over something that hasn't happened yet...but this is Funcom...and if you don't rant your head off..then they'll just implement whatever junk they want to...and often do it anyway despite the massive ranting to the contrary.

Originally posted by Wolfenn
    In a perfect world...(certainly not Rubi-ka)..it is wise and useful to refrain from ranting over something that hasn't happened yet...but this is Funcom...and if you don't rant your head off..then they'll just implement whatever junk they want to...and often do it anyway despite the massive ranting to the contrary.
    Could it be that the more you rant the less they tend to listen? I know I tend to listen more to sound, calm, well stated arguments, than ranting and whining?
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!