Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: guild houses, guild cities

Due to the extreame unpopularity of fixers having the ability to fix machines I now consider the fact that machines can A: fix themselves over time, B: be fixed by a hired NPC, or C: be fixed by any1 as long as the attackers are no longer in the guild house. Fixers would still get a bit of an upgrade in this skill, but they no longer would be the only ppl who could fix the machines.
    These machines would have a health rating and can not be healed by doctor only nanos, the defensive machines would have a bit better of a self heal method as they are a great line of defense. When a machine like a bank is destroyed the items from it can not be recored untill it is fully fixed or replaced, this will make the machines necesary to keep in good repair.
    Now if you dont mind I wish to go to bed as it is 5am. Oh yeah, bump if you like this

*bump*

Another post worth bumping. Not that this will ever happen, but I'll bump it nonetheless.

Ummm are you talking about AO3(capture the flag) expansion pack or something?
    Nice ideas but i bet it will never be in game. It need way much more programming (or you think that devs and programmers will work 25h/day).

Now to some bashing.

Did you even maked some kind of ingame research on what fixers was planned to do? Or you just though that FIXer = repairman who will restore your thing?
    What the hell are engineers for? If we looked on it from your point of view then engineer = high school geek whit big glasses who only sit and make blueprints?

Also your ideas looks more DAoC things you sure that you got into right game forum?
    I gues that when FC maked Fixer more or less useless then ppl like you though *hey lets make fun of them and ask them if they want to be some kind of repairmen*.

I games like UO it would be same as if you came to one thief and asked him if he could repair your sword. Sure he would say *Sure one min please* he would take your sword and run away whit it.

So if you want to makes AO thief into some kind of repairmen then ok lets be so. But in that case dont get mad att them when they gona CLEAN WHOLE PLACE OUT ( if you dont know what i just told then in easy word it means that they gona steal everything you had there). And also you would get one huge bill for the time which they needed to steal your things. And thx thiers connections they gona make so that OT/Clan court will fore you to pay it.

Also by saying that maybe fixers should fix some broken things. You have humiliated all engineers att same time because it is we who build and fix things.
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

- ;-) -

/me runs into this tread and bumps

bump
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

I'll bump this, guild members could get their apartments inside guild houses. It would be a great alternative to guild chat, those who were working on things could sit around and be all in the same room.

It would need to have a bank terminal in it too, so everyone could swap items.

As for you FIXers, since when do you treat your mechanic like a slave? And when does a mechanic sweep your house. I think maxtor meant that you would be NEEDED, which is what you want, don't you? Not that you would be washing dishes, that you would be preparing battlements.

Originally posted by Makarov
    So if you want to makes AO thief into some kind of repairmen then ok lets be so. But in that case dont get mad att them when they gona CLEAN WHOLE PLACE OUT ( if you dont know what i just told then in easy word it means that they gona steal everything you had there). And also you would get one huge bill for the time which they needed to steal your things. And thx thiers connections they gona make so that OT/Clan court will fore you to pay it.
    You know Makarov, you have a very good point, if stealing were going to be aloud in the game (which got the offical no on no-longer envisioned). I mean heck, why ever buy a yalmaha when someone is willing to give you keys to their garage - not that a fixer even really needs a key. Yeah, give me copmlete access to your guild house and your expensive electric devices inside. I'll clean the whole place, clean it out....
    Hmm...maybe this wasn't such a bad idea as I first thought - free stuff. (sacasm).
    Sometimes, old fixers die in Bitterness.

My 2 creds

Love the ideas, teh balconies and gardens are great, but....one problem. Where are they going to put all this? If they do what you say it will look like a college campus with frat houses. First off, to do this they will have to come up with the real space, I.E. Server space. That mainly takes guild houses to under the stove and off teh back burner. Next, explaining it in-game... Omni-Tek owns Rubi-Ka, and we were all employees at one time generally. We were all "put" or "engineered" here. Lavish living quarters are probably near impossible on such a place.
    However, the barracks style talked about would be much more down to earth. And, much easier to explain. As an omni-tek faction, you have the barracks to keep the morale of your faction up, as well as hygene and what-not. As clan, much easier. Your faction uses a barracks because it is more defensive and makes for an easy staging area. There would be no way to explain the mansions, this just isn't that kind of world. Anything past the simple pleasures is not in this world as we see.
    Now, the training area thing, that was awesome, but I got one up for ya. A team mission terminal in the guild house. A teleportation device to take your team to teh mission (in other words, that's the mission entrance.) You get almost no money for winning, because that goes to OT to pay for your faction (easiest way I saw to explain it anyway, no uber-money making.) Another part, is that there would be 2-5 rewards depending on difficulty, and all the rewards go to the guild bank directly after succeding teh mission. These missions, however, should be a higher difficulty. a new slider could be added for # of teams. I believe many guilds would lunge at this chance, to assemble the whole guild, section groups, tackle missions with more than one group, and arrive back at your bunker. That is basic life on rubi-ka. These missions should have multiple objectives as well, and the harder one would leave some out...kinda like hidden things. Ya know, kinda like this situation.....engineer - fix this, fixer - hack this, agent - sneak and recover this, enforcer - break this, soldier - kill this guy, doc - steal this serum, and so on...
    Another problem of guilds is teh dreaded message board, no one checks it cause they are almost always in game....so move it in game. Nothing like checking the boards after a long mission......especially since we bought that bartender vendor. Which leads to part 2, vendors... Each one you get costs so much per month, but that money has to be made through the missions aformentioned. Thus, the money stated on them goes to teh guild pool, and pays for extras.
    Ending notes - Apartment size off of guild rank. Each place has a hallway with doors so people can get to their new apartment, after bringing furniture with them. Should be enough doors to accomidate even the largest guild. Next, name above your door. Easy enough, eh? Great suggestions all, but remember, This planet is harsh, so try to keep in perspective that none of us make enough to have mansions in the big scheme of things. But hey, ya never know....maybe they can add furniture as a trade skill as well.

Talking thanks!

thanks every1 who bumped and added ideas
    maybe the fixers fixing stuff was sort of a bad idea, an NPC would do fine but they would have quite a few bugs (they would just run to the next thing that needs to be fixed and hit every wall/object on the way there) the reason I sugested that some1 should be able to repair the machines is that one guild can try to attack right after another and destroy everything that the first guild failed to demolish. maybe a permanent NPC would be able to go on a routine patrol and fix everything on its way, it would be like the guards that would walk around the entrance to the house but it would stay inside and become a repair droid.
    A college campus would be a good layout of what to throw in, it would have to be changed a fair bit though.
    I wonder if funcom will ever plan to use any of the ideas that were put in this, I hope so.
    Last edited by Maxtor 1-7; Jan 25th, 2002 at 12:44:48.

who wants me to compile all the ideas from this and e-mail the entire thing to funcom?
    if so please say something or else I will be wasting a few hours of time in translating this.
    thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12