Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: April 2012

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    You are more than welcome to try it out! If you already have the Test Live Client installed, you will need to re-duplicate the client again before you attempt to patch up! We've had some technical issues with the current Test Live version, and we decided to completely skip over one patch in order to get this version out as soon as we could. Don't forget to copy your Prefs folder in order to keep your current GUI settings.

Preliminary Update Notes are available in the Test Live Announcements section on the forums, and you'll be able to see all the detailed changes going into version 18.5.0! Live release date to be announced.
    Missed the update about the character copy for test live being removed from the Accounts page. I know Auto, the boost NPC is helpful, but does not supply the items or alien levels and things of that nature that I want to have access to while in Test. The transfer has been down since February. An update on this would be appreciated.

Also, noticed there is now a Character Slots line in the Account Details page. Interesting.
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    New launcher is somewhat bad at the moment.

Is final version still going to boot player out of the client after logout? Because that really beats the purpose. It should boot me back to the launcher. Either that or game should differentiate between /logout and /logout-back-to-launcher. Otherwise this new addition is just slowing down the whole process .

When i heard Vhab joined the gang, sacrificing usability to add some eye candy is last thing i expected.
    Hit F-10 and click quit to login. You'll be taken back to a character selection without the game closing.

I imagine they'll get around to making /camp do the same as quit to login.
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    On the subject of fun, me (gimp-ish fixer) and a friend (gimpish-trader-gimped-even-more-by-current-testlive-patch) did an RK mish yesterday which was seat-of-the-pants stuff, rooting, snaring, kiting... and it was a blast and only 1 death!
    All RK missions used to be like that, though. Now we just file in, grind to the end and repeat.

Too bad there's no way to code random Ian Warr encounters into Inferno missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunni View Post
    Missed the update about the character copy for test live being removed from the Accounts page. I know Auto, the boost NPC is helpful, but does not supply the items or alien levels and things of that nature that I want to have access to while in Test.
    Does now. God help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by -Bugsplat View Post
    All RK missions used to be like that, though. Now we just file in, grind to the end and repeat.

Too bad there's no way to code random Ian Warr encounters into Inferno missions.
    Only on testlive when the bughunters are bored

Though giant rubber ducks are more common...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

About the lag:
    We're monitoring the servers, please write me a PM and describe the lag you're experiencing.
    How about logging in and getting some playtime instead? do some raids/instances/or anything at all, should'nt take to long before you see what everyone is talking about...
    Luckystriker 220/70/30 Solitus Soldier
    Luckyscrat 220/70/30Atrox Crat
    Sliced
    220/6x/2x Atrox Shade

Member of New Order

The transfer has been down since February. An update on this would be appreciated.
    Bump on this.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Does now. God help us all.
    Last time I was on test, it only provided ql250 symbs and AI25. No pande items, no alien armor, etc. Tier, Ofab, or Miy's only.

Makes some sense, but without a character copy tool, we can't exactly test things that will affect us. My character way outgears even the best that Auto can give.

They added research a while ago, but otherwise yeah. Auto is a nice feature but it wont replace transfers.

Also with amount of people on test who spawn countless 220s and whine for hours struggling to equip those very 250 symbs, i'd rather poke my eyes out with a fork and pour salt inside whats left, then watch them attempt alpha symbs and AI armors.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Exciting stuff! Go AO Team Go!
    Stop trolling, more work! :P
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

They added research a while ago, but otherwise yeah. Auto is a nice feature but it wont replace transfers.

Also with amount of people on test who spawn countless 220s and whine for hours struggling to equip those very 250 symbs, i'd rather poke my eyes out with a fork and pour salt inside whats left, then watch them attempt alpha symbs and AI armors.
    Don't forget about the ofab

Awesome update Lindelu. You got the attention of a lot of people outside of these forums with the videos of the new engine.

TBH us old "fanboys" will love this game even if you announced that there will be no more a graphic interface, and everything will go through VT100 character sets.
    Historically, that's a Digital Equipment Corp. terminal just doing 8 bits ASCII characters...

If you guys can do the new engine.. great..if not.. fine too imo.

Just keep the twinking as it is..

Revamp newby island so orgs such as Pack of Noobs don't have to take care of every new player as he/she freshly joins the game completely lost. I love PON.. they rock.

Keep introducing rebalance at a slow pace.....but don't ever touch soldier reflect items.. it's all we've got.

And .. amazing but .. I loved devs at my wedding.. making tricks for invitees.... you guys need to be more involved into RK life , you sure made a lot of people happy that day.

Yours,

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Exciting stuff! Go AO Team Go!
    Please come back and scare away the lagg Lindelu has made! :P
    Luckystriker 220/70/30 Solitus Soldier
    Luckyscrat 220/70/30Atrox Crat
    Sliced
    220/6x/2x Atrox Shade

Member of New Order

Fun? My Enfo just managed to get a Styg on himself locked at 60 in TOTW. As things are he can solo GOT *if* he's got Skill of the Savage, Weapon Enhancement (+5 damage) and is Mongo'd up *and* has used Hacked Graft Playful Cub to wolf up *and* runs Withered Flesh nano. With not a single Cultist joining the fun. A Level 69 GOT goes down and he's nearly dead. Now there's fun! It's all that fear and panic that makes me love this game.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

There's a small island in that lake in Andromeda, and it's mine. Your builders will have a fight on their hands for that piece of real estate.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Awesome update Lindelu. You got the attention of a lot of people outside of these forums with the videos of the new engine.

TBH us old "fanboys" will love this game even if you announced that there will be no more a graphic interface, and everything will go through VT100 character sets.
    Historically, that's a Digital Equipment Corp. terminal just doing 8 bits ASCII characters...

If you guys can do the new engine.. great..if not.. fine too imo.

Just keep the twinking as it is..

Revamp newby island so orgs such as Pack of Noobs don't have to take care of every new player as he/she freshly joins the game completely lost. I love PON.. they rock.

Keep introducing rebalance at a slow pace.....but don't ever touch soldier reflect items.. it's all we've got.

And .. amazing but .. I loved devs at my wedding.. making tricks for invitees.... you guys need to be more involved into RK life , you sure made a lot of people happy that day.

Yours,

Thank's Ocene, we do what we can to make things better for all!
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

Missed the update about the character copy for test live being removed from the Accounts page. I know Auto, the boost NPC is helpful, but does not supply the items or alien levels and things of that nature that I want to have access to while in Test.

Yeah this is a complete waste. Log in to TEST something on the TEST server and my character isn't transferred. Oh well I think to my self...I'll spawn the items I wanted.

Nope. Seriously what use do you think id have for 250 engineer OFAB?
    Last edited by MassDebater; May 3rd, 2012 at 03:10:08.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Please train responsibly!

just because I get bored easily and that amused me.... http://i.imgur.com/6DFvB.jpg
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Another question:

Are you removing the embankments (snare type things) in Neretva as well when you remove the snare towers from Arid?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

First... awesome update. Really looking forward to see these changes ingame. Btw, I didn't know there was a command like /camp. After more than a decade of playing AO.

Second... Lindelu has a cute voice. ^^

Third... How did that rat story turn out? Did the rat dissolve already or is there a person with a disgusting, Drano soaked, smelly hairball in his basement toilet now?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast