Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: April 2012

Ty

did the Dave guy borrow somebodys account? He was lvl 15 enf, which looks to be a twink with Guardian Tank armor on etc. but he was clearly a big noob (no offense). Only watched the first 15-20mins..

That being said, now its easy to se how hard the UI can be for beginners.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    It's very nice to hear about the new player starting area being in the next Testlive patch/update, I thought it would be coming around the time of the new engine and rebalancing. These are very nice to read, Lindelu.
    The new player starting area will not be ready in the next Test Live update, I will try to clarify this. It was just shipped of to our internal Quality Assurance department which is different from Test Live. (:
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

I mistook what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu
    I'm expecting this to be available on Test Live after the next Live update has been released.
    Yeah, just a little silly/tired right now.
    Last edited by wonderland; May 1st, 2012 at 21:42:08.

Any estimate when new market search is ready to hit live(not test)? I'm already selling my CC on RK2 ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by kintaii View Post
    fixed that for you
    <3 !
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Nice update

That concept art piece posted yesterday inspired me to fire up blender again...

Result: http://family.wrongplace.net/gallery..._10_52_01.jpeg
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawerick View Post
    Nice update

That concept art piece posted yesterday inspired me to fire up blender again...

Result: http://family.wrongplace.net/gallery..._10_52_01.jpeg
    You did that in a day?...
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

took about 7-8 hours to model it
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    So I'm proud to present Arete Landing, a shuttle port built and run by the Interstellar Confederation of Corporations. It's located in Andromeda, in very close proximity to the ICC Headquarter, and choosing this location enabled us to completely rebuild ICC, as we feel it is a very important hub that should look more impressive than it currently does.
    Sweetness!
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

New launcher is somewhat bad at the moment.

Is final version still going to boot player out of the client after logout? Because that really beats the purpose. It should boot me back to the launcher. Either that or game should differentiate between /logout and /logout-back-to-launcher. Otherwise this new addition is just slowing down the whole process .

When i heard Vhab joined the gang, sacrificing usability to add some eye candy is last thing i expected.

Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    New launcher is somewhat bad at the moment.
    When we talk about the launcher, we mean the portion before the client launches.
    It's also soon to be quite awesome

Is final version still going to boot player out of the client after logout? Because that really beats the purpose. It should boot me back to the launcher. Either that or game should differentiate between /logout and /logout-back-to-launcher. Otherwise this new addition is just slowing down the whole process
    The current version already doesn't do this.
    Use ctrl-f10 or "quit to login" on the f10 window.
    That'll get you back to character selection.

But the version that will go live isn't the final version just yet
    Another pass of awesomeness will come with NPE.
    There will be a few improvements with the next TL patch as well, but not on the scale NPE will bring.

When i heard Vhab joined the gang, sacrificing usability to add some eye candy is last thing i expected.
    Good thing I didn't
    Last edited by Vhab; May 1st, 2012 at 23:29:31.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Well, nope. /camp shuts down the client.

The other two work and send to selection, thanks for info.

The stream is really interesting, of course I didn't sat for three hours looking into it, but I sat at least one hour or so. I hope you guys got an idea on what assets of the game that WOULD need some improvements in order to not confuse new players too much. Good initiative and great guidience.

Great monthly development review, thank you!

Funcom employee

Well, nope. /camp shuts down the client.

The other two work and send to selection, thanks for info.
    Fair enough
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

In other news, after 7 years of playing i discovered the existence of logout buttons in F10 window.

Good, productive day.

Good stuff
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    The stream is really interesting, of course I didn't sat for three hours looking into it, but I sat at least one hour or so. I hope you guys got an idea on what assets of the game that WOULD need some improvements in order to not confuse new players too much. Good initiative and great guidience.

Great monthly development review, thank you!
    I watched about 70-80% of the videos, skipped some travel time, but overall was great to hear a noob have so much fun!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Wow, awesome news. The plans in store get me thinking "New engine? meh"
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

I had a sensation of needing to kill that mmorpg dude while watching the clips.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast