Thread: "Nerf Drains" is one of the funniest things to read on the PvP forum.(warning: rant)

Thumbs down "Nerf Drains" is one of the funniest things to read on the PvP forum.(warning: rant)

/rant on

Drains suck. They're annoying...a lot of professions that are good in pvp have something annoying. MA's have crits, fixers have grid armor, docs have init debuffs, enforcers have nano resist, traders have drains, etc.

Yeah, i'll admit i get furious when i get double debuffed and i can only cast expertises practically, and have to sit in a bunker for 3 minutes. But consider this. If all these good 'annoying' things were nerfed, you'd have template profession PvP...is that fun? A good friend of mine made a point to me the other day that with all the docs and mp's running around with kaehlars and the MA's and enf's running around with flashpoints (kaehlars too, no less) the *ONLY* great distinguish between professions despite the 'colored skill' system is the nano formulas. And he's abseloutley right. If these are what people are looking to nerf, it shows one of two things: 1. People are looking for a boring, black-and-white 1-1 ratio style of pvp. Or the more popular pipe dream, number 2: To be the 'uberest' of them all.

The calls for trader drain nerfs are what combine a fart and a fire, though. Everyone whines about level reqs on items and nano's, saying 'this is a skill game, not a level based game.' If you do not have skill debuffs, the game becomes even more level based, and not only less skill based but less profession based too.

Whats even more the rage is how so many say fixers are so hard to kill then post a thread saying 'nerf trader drains,' 'nerf init debuffs' when these two things are what make fixers run faster than any profession, no pun included with runbuffs fixers are the number one most vulnerable profession to drains/debuffs. Complaining you can't hit a fixer and then saying drains are too powerful are dual arguments that cancel themselves out. Nerfing debuffs only makes us twice as powerful, and debuffs twice as less feared. It's ridiculous to make them 40%/50% also because they have virtually almost no effect in PvM.

/rant off
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Bah stromm u don't understan people. They all wont to be the next Rambo, Terminator, Fiix, Bruce Lee and so on.

The rest are supposed to be body counts.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

The next Fiix...oh thats funny.

One of my greatest laughs was when I went to the NT forums and saw 2 threads on the very same page...

...the 1st thread complained how MP Nano Shutdown is too overpowering against NT's...

...then the 2nd thread had NT's complaining how player Nano-Resistance was working too well against nano formulas in PvP (it was about NT programs that happened to be much harder to resist than Nano Shutdown.)

And naturally the very same NT's supporting the first thread were supporting the second thread as well.

End result? MP nerf promised by FC in the NT professional reports.

Very laughable.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Me Agrees

/rant on

..Way to go man. I totaly agree with ya. I started playing back in Oct of 2001. Back then, the game was definately less "Everyone equal in PvP" orientated. Back then, there was half dmg in PvP...etc. Now, I liked the 1/2 dmg in PvP idea.. Makes it last longer. Now, for the rest:

1. Ask yourself who asked for it? Where did FC get the ideas for "nerfing?" Answer: These forums and the players whining because their nano MP can't kill a Atrox enforcer in PvP. Well DUH!

2. Ask yourself, what are the players saying now? Answer: Please stop Nerfing...My god FC, why did you nerf this stuff so much? STOP!

3. Why does everyone want to be equal in all areas? Hmmm.... I don't have an answer for this. My opinion is that it is the divesity of the professions, and the areas of superiority that made this game fun.

I have said this in many other forums, and am going to say it again.... I started with my nano MP. I tried PvP and got killed all the time. So I asked myself "why?" Hmmm...obvious answer. No HP and supporting proffession. Same reason I couldn't solo crap. Also no tactics at the time. So what did I do? I stayed away from the PvP areas and whined about Pet pathing instead.

Now, do I fear dying in PvP? No, do I care if I get or lose a title? Not really. I like having a title with my trader, but hey..that is why I made him.

My advice to all those John Rambo wantta-bees....Make a trader or Fixer and most importantly.....Get some tactics. I also belive that any proffession can be a great PvP'r.. It is all in your character development and tactics.

Tip: Don't PvP if you don't max your dodge, evades, and nano resist. You'll most likely lose and then cry about it.

/rant off

Smile

I think that the whiners MAY have some point, but FC tends to nerf things WAY WAY WAY over the top.

In theory, drains, CH, Grid Armor, Nano Resist, Crits, Pets, Charms, Roots, Nanoshutdown or what have you add flavour to PVP.

This is a great thing.

However I still believe some of the things are too strong. I have a hard time believing my NanoResist as an Enforcer is even close to fair for a NT. Or that a fixer's evades are even close to being hittable. (Will change at least for me in 14.6, but what about Soldiers and MA's? Both 'Masters' of their respective fields?) Or that someone can do *anything* while drained for example.

If all the things were *advantages* (and to be honest, some things are really not over the top right now) and not "Insta Win 100% of the time" then I'd probably be a little bit happier.

Adjusting Reasonably is good. Nerfing is bad. Nerfing without giving something back (if needed) is just.. gah!
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Hehe, these damn nerfcryers will in the end make us all have nothing but sticks & stones to fight with, geez...Go awaye nerfcryers will you please!!
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Well, they were right (2nd thread, not 1st thread) . Nano Resistance IS too good.
    Last edited by Psiraven; Oct 17th, 2002 at 00:25:53.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Originally posted by Mike "Kinkstaah" Bond
    I think that the whiners MAY have some point, but FC tends to nerf things WAY WAY WAY over the top.

In theory, drains, CH, Grid Armor, Nano Resist, Crits, Pets, Charms, Roots, Nanoshutdown or what have you add flavour to PVP.

This is a great thing.

However I still believe some of the things are too strong. I have a hard time believing my NanoResist as an Enforcer is even close to fair for a NT. Or that a fixer's evades are even close to being hittable. (Will change at least for me in 14.6, but what about Soldiers and MA's? Both 'Masters' of their respective fields?) Or that someone can do *anything* while drained for example.

If all the things were *advantages* (and to be honest, some things are really not over the top right now) and not "Insta Win 100% of the time" then I'd probably be a little bit happier.

Adjusting Reasonably is good. Nerfing is bad. Nerfing without giving something back (if needed) is just.. gah!
    Yeah, you'll definately have to watch out for those 'nerf enforcers!' threads that will come without a doubt after you guys get your new stuff in 14.6 (challenger is a pvp nano now lol)

"End result? MP nerf promised by FC in the NT professional reports. "

Nerf on MPs? Is that even possible? :P
    Last edited by Stromm; Oct 17th, 2002 at 02:04:51.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."

Lower the duration on NSD, raise the nanocost, and maybe raise the resist % too.

Not saying this should happen, but it would be an effective MP nerf.

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    Lower the duration on NSD, raise the nanocost, and maybe raise the resist % too.

Not saying this should happen, but it would be an effective MP nerf.
    Better strap on that flame retardant suit and the bullet proof vest people love to jump to conclusions.
    Last edited by Stromm; Oct 17th, 2002 at 03:20:21.

You guys have no imagination what-so-ever. The best way to nerf Nano Shutdown is if the target resisted it, the -2000 debuff would actually rebound and affect the MP instead.

Now THAT'S an MP nerf.
    MP's should be FEARED.

A classic quote:

"Make all trader drains self only." -aaronb (asmoran)

LOL

*dreams of having an NSD that had 100% nr check and a 4 second cast....then laughs to herself as she imagines all the people exploiting the hell out of debuffing to break roots suddenly start crumpling in 2ho* Well, that's my dream anyways.

Originally posted by Peisinoe
    *dreams of having an NSD that had 100% nr check and a 4 second cast....then laughs to herself as she imagines all the people exploiting the hell out of debuffing to break roots suddenly start crumpling in 2ho* Well, that's my dream anyways.
    And you guys say people wants to be uber?
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Umm really?

Originally posted by Psiraven
    Well, they were right (2nd thread, not 1st thread) . Nano Resistance IS too good.
    When I hear statements like this .. my blood pressure is raising to dangerous levels .
    Do an experiment:
    Find a 200 ma with maxed/implanted nanoresist, or 200 soldier with maxed/implanted nanoresist, then using them as guinea pigs ..test the 2 nanos on them: Rapid Palsy and Divest Skill. See if they resist at least once of 10 attempts while being in full defense ... hmm but no they wont .. last time I stopped testing at 30th attempt and I still did not resist even once so from my calculations the chance to resist is less then 1/30 or less then 3.3% . Is it really TOO GOOD?

Voyevode 200 ma.

Originally posted by Peisinoe
    Peisinoe, I would like to see you fill the vacant MP professionals spot. your posts are well thought out and they always make sense. I did like xtremetech, however I felt that he was far too passive and quit far too easily. Not the type of person that should be representing us.

You're aggressive and you make your point known. If you care about us and wish to see MPs made viable again at higher levels, you'll take that position!

Oh, by the way, I think you're hot and I want to be your nanoloveslave.

Stromm, same thing with you man. why the heck aren't you a professional man?

Oh, by the way, I think you're hot and I want to be your nanoloveslave.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Really, Deacon?
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Re: Umm really?

Originally posted by Voy

When I hear statements like this .. my blood pressure is raising to dangerous levels .
    Do an experiment:
    Find a 200 ma with maxed/implanted nanoresist, or 200 soldier with maxed/implanted nanoresist, then using them as guinea pigs ..test the 2 nanos on them: Rapid Palsy and Divest Skill. See if they resist at least once of 10 attempts while being in full defense ... hmm but no they wont .. last time I stopped testing at 30th attempt and I still did not resist even once so from my calculations the chance to resist is less then 1/30 or less then 3.3% . Is it really TOO GOOD?

Voyevode 200 ma.
    bah, deprive will land, but not plunder most of the time, so the Ma will kill me, that's usually what happens, unless I use root/run tactic witch is another discussion
    (things are differnet with soldiers)
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

anyway despite I'm a trader, I think 3 minutes on debuffs is too long, 1-2 minutes would be better imo, but not 30 sec as some want. It often takes me more than 30 sec to land a plunder (when I can)

I think I could live with a 1 minute duration on debuffs (not against Ma or enfs tough)
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies