Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Choose my adventure round 2!

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/04...ion/#continued

Get out and vote and don't lose by 3 snivelling votes this time!
    I absolutely had to vote...for Asheron's Call.

Don't vote, wait for engine n stuff to come out so we can we a good review and not some tour into the ghostlands.

Men have died waiting!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    Men have died waiting!
    Would you please listen to this man?

Far too many people have died in vain, waiting for the long-forgotten promises... Really, do something. Pics and vids aren't going to resurrect those who have fallen.

Simply - DO SOMETHING! Do not let AO die...

Edit: oh, and before anyone asks - yes, I am drunk. That doesn't have anything to do with my opinion, though.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Choose my adventure round 2!

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/04...ion/#continued

Get out and vote and don't lose by 3 snivelling votes this time!
    Still losing by 145 votes, let's pick up the pace folks.

Doesn't look like a winner But we have more votes than all the other games combined, so that's sort of a victory
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I thought Asheron's Call was dead?
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

No, but who knows how alive it is compared to AO. Maybe we should all go try it? I have the client downloaded and everything, I just never got round to installing
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    No, but who knows how alive it is compared to AO. Maybe we should all go try it? I have the client downloaded and everything, I just never got round to installing
    I'll try it with you, been meaning to give it a real shot haha
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post
    I'll try it with you, been meaning to give it a real shot haha
    Traitors!!! Boys get a rope.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Traitors!!! Boys get a rope.
    I got a rope! Let's do this!
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by vhab View Post
    rawr!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

There used to be a show on G4, I think it was called Portal.

They used to feature IC-clips from Dark Age of Camelot, Asheron's Call, AO, and one or two others. I fell in love with AO a year before I managed to break into the computer room at 1 in the morning and finally play it.

I just realized I committed B&E just to play this game. I'm a bad man -.-
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by -Bugsplat View Post

They used to feature IC-clips from Dark Age of Camelot, Asheron's Call, AO, and one or two others. I fell in love with AO a year before I managed to break into the computer room at 1 in the morning and finally play it.

I just realized I committed B&E just to play this game. I'm a bad man -.-
    Such a Fixer...
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Another opportunity for Bad Behavior?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading the thread (well most of it) there is another aspect to consider. As people move to the new server, will existing orgs have claim to the org name on the new server? If not I expect there will be instances of people stealing the names of existing orgs.

One solution would be a two step migration process. First step is that the org leaders get duplicated on the new server at time of initialization. Org then also exists and city can be instanced, etc. They can duplicate toons on the test server, so seems like this would not be a stretch and the org name, city, and bank get duplicated. This conserves the data for the existing players.

When the org leader moves over, it overwrites the existing "placeholder" toon data (preferences) and org data (bank mostly)." Effectively activating the placeholder. The org is then active with city, bank, and name. This would probably require intervention on Funcom's part to ensure it is done properly (never have trusted data transfers completely) but doing it for the relatively small number of org leaders would not seem to be an overwhelming difficutly and it would ensure that current org names continue to be the property of existing members.

Accidently posted to the wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    As I said orgs have members .. how do you link to them?

To do it, FC will have to make IDs inter-server.

Unless a dev comes and tells me I'm wrong, there's no way to xfer an org as well as the membership. And people stated the membership is what counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Well if that is true ... then I expect to be able to at least transfer the org president/leader with the guild-name reserved for that toon to re-create the org on the new server with only that one toon.

Yes the org members are what is important and I would be happy to re-invite and promote all our org members one at a time ... however long it takes

As long as FC makes it possible for me to transfer to the new server with our 'old' guild name either 'attached' to my toon or somehow 'saved' for us. Our history is in our guild name ... old members can always find us as long as we have the same guild name.

I am our org president btw ... so it is easy to make the commitment.

Kinnik

(Lonicera: Seraphim Cleric rk2 ... Org has been continuously active since 1/4/2003 with only two org leaders ... Lonicera has been in org since June 2003, active in AO continuously since then. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Almonora View Post
    Another opportunity for Bad Behavior?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading the thread (well most of it) there is another aspect to consider. As people move to the new server, will existing orgs have claim to the org name on the new server? If not I expect there will be instances of people stealing the names of existing orgs.

One solution would be a two step migration process. First step is that the org leaders get duplicated on the new server at time of initialization. Org then also exists and city can be instanced, etc. They can duplicate toons on the test server, so seems like this would not be a stretch and the org name, city, and bank get duplicated. This conserves the data for the existing players.

When the org leader moves over, it overwrites the existing "placeholder" toon data (preferences) and org data (bank mostly)." Effectively activating the placeholder. The org is then active with city, bank, and name. This would probably require intervention on Funcom's part to ensure it is done properly (never have trusted data transfers completely) but doing it for the relatively small number of org leaders would not seem to be an overwhelming difficutly and it would ensure that current org names continue to be the property of existing members.

Accidently posted to the wrong thread.
    Bump for a FC answer to how orgs/guilds will be transferred to the new server ...
    Preserving historical org/guild names, org banks, etc. and the option of keeping our current city as an instanced one on the new server or rebuild instanced city with another guild if we choose to.

I know my org/guild wants to keep its history and guild name in tact.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by -Bugsplat View Post

Same story here, minus the B&E. (And Portal was the name of the show)

lol @ rope thing
    i hope : D april community post is up monday : )))
    happy early queens day for all the dutch people.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    1) We are discussing this. We want to either rework Rome, or make improvements to another OT city and redirect new players there instead.
    The most important for me is that the shops should be easy to find, with signs, and that they should be closer together. A bonus is to have the grid and the whom-pa more accessible too, and in Rome this is sort of.. not ideal. Even if it looks cool.
    2) We are removing auto attack.
    Maybe you should direct new omni players to omni-trade. Shops are already closer together there and the grid exit has the lowest comp lit requirement of any omni city right now.

Plus the quest NPC for Special Issue OT clothing is there. Great suggestion.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast