Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: March 2012

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Take this little debate elsewhere, for crying out loud.
    I agree

when there are some problems with game content again a patch or something else?
    I'd love to once again lied but as long as there is no pach .....
    My englisch is bad. Wenn mit mir streiten willst quatsch mich auf Deutsch zu.
    Mitglied bei Punishment Inc.

Chars
    Drheiko was born on Thu Jun 22 09:20:15 2006 RK1 150 Doc
    Grafheiko was born on Wed May 17 17:17:37 2006 RK1 200 Agent (froob)
    Tilli was born on Tue Nov 14 12:25:47 2006 Rk1 220 Keeper
    Secretagent was born on Thu Oct 26 12:28:57 2006 RK1 220 Agent
    uvm...zu den geburtstagen wünsche ich mir ein 300 supplebot

Your signature is right. :P
    blah

Obtena, your sig is hilarious but could be refined yet further to accurately reflect the truth. I suggest this to achieve true perfection in posting:

If so, L2Post - in accordance to the desires of FC.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post

Monthly Development Update: March 2012

One thing especially that I will bring with me home to my team was a talk covering tutorials by George Fan, the man behind Plants versus Zombies, who said something like "if you have a mechanic that is really complicated and you fear not being able to teach it to the player in a good way - add it to the vendor. Most players really enjoy reading up on how a mechanic works when they are making a concious decision how to improve their weapons."

This, combined with another quote from one of this years speakers Sid Meier, who said something like "A game is a series of interesting decisions," really pinpoints something we are working towards with the new starting area and systems changes.

[
    Kindly,
    Fia ”Lindelu” Tjernberg

Waldgeist edit: German Translation

Unfortunately based on their own development history they forgot one essential principal of gaming. The basic gameplay needs to be logical and intuitive. Take for instance Sid's Civ II. Perhaps one of the best games written (I still play it). Civ III was overly complex, got too "tricky," and was pretty much a bust. Most people will not pick up a manual to learn to play the basic game, so I hope the essential game play stays fairly easy to figure out. Peripheral aspects can be as complex as desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Almonora View Post
    Unfortunately based on their own development history they forgot one essential principal of gaming. The basic gameplay needs to be logical and intuitive. Take for instance Sid's Civ II. Perhaps one of the best games written (I still play it). Civ III was overly complex, got too "tricky," and was pretty much a bust. Most people will not pick up a manual to learn to play the basic game, so I hope the essential game play stays fairly easy to figure out. Peripheral aspects can be as complex as desired.
    Agreed on the Civ II thing, it was only when I started AO that I beat my Civ II addiction. That, combined with the changes & complications in the following Civs, well it's just never been as good.

Civ II gold is still installed on every one of my 'pooters...Can't say that even for AO now, let alone anything else.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Agreed on the Civ II thing, it was only when I started AO that I beat my Civ II addiction. That, combined with the changes & complications in the following Civs, well it's just never been as good.

Civ II gold is still installed on every one of my 'pooters...Can't say that even for AO now, let alone anything else.
    Civ I on my 286 and monochrome monitor, played that for 5 years probably. Loved it, naming all the cities after places in Final Fantasy VI.
    Then ofc I moved to Civ II and it really is epic, but I will for always hold Civ I the closest.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Alpha Centauri was better
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

I started with Civ I also, on my Amiga iirc. Good times!

"Alpha Centauri was better" Wrong.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Have to say Civ 4. Just narrowly beating out Civ3. After so many years of playing games, I can handle an extra bit of complexity.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

WTB old pvp title system back.(IT WAS MAJOR FUN)
    WTB that old thrill when losing or winning a title.
    WTB title huggers and BS afk-ers.
    Yes, I said it :-s
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Unfortunately everyone who wants the old titles back left, making people misconstrue the lack of support.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Civ I on my 286 and monochrome monitor, played that for 5 years probably. Loved it, naming all the cities after places in Final Fantasy VI.
    Then ofc I moved to Civ II and it really is epic, but I will for always hold Civ I the closest.
    nerd!

Choose my adventure round 2!

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/04...ion/#continued

Get out and vote and don't lose by 3 snivelling votes this time!
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    "Alpha Centauri was better" Wrong.
    Lies.

Any game that lets me nerve-staple my citizens and create a brutal regime free of liberties and rights is alright on my book.

That said.. Viva Tropico!
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

I wonder if this thread will receive 200.00 viewers before the end of the month

sigh... talk of the old classics reminds me of Master of Magic. quite possibly the best fantasy alternative to Civ...Period. the whole top world/underworld, plus lunar cycles that altered the effectiveness of magic types, plus the fact that hero's of might and magic was pretty much born out of the combat of MoM just makes it the best turn based strategy game of its time besides Civ.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by -Bugsplat View Post
    Lies.

Any game that lets me nerve-staple my citizens and create a brutal regime free of liberties and rights is alright on my book.
    Well, when you put it quite like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    I wonder if this thread will receive 200.00 viewers before the end of the month
    It did last month.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    sigh... talk of the old classics reminds me of Master of Magic. quite possibly the best fantasy alternative to Civ...Period. the whole top world/underworld, plus lunar cycles that altered the effectiveness of magic types, plus the fact that hero's of might and magic was pretty much born out of the combat of MoM just makes it the best turn based strategy game of its time besides Civ.
    See, now you've got me wanting to play Archon again.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast