Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: March 2012

Perhaps the pvp discussion would be better placed on one of the game suggestions about the joys and detriments of pvp. Some other suggestions for the use of cities (or at least some of them). Alien occupied zones to be cleared as part of a new alien dialy (team or solo), An Investigator Marciello type daily to identify who gave the aliens the data to allow them to defear the cloaks, or who is aiding the aliens. A building place where improvements can be made using a new set pf parts that would allow new/different benefits similar to the sauna, but with a wider range of building opportunities using different tradeskills. My personal preference would be new building opportunities as it would add something slightly different to the game content wise and hopefully re-energize Rubi-Ka interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Haha I'm sorry, but I had to laugh :-D oh dear so funny. But I had the idea first, so I claim ownership. It is a great idea though, stop whining about pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    more tower fields, anyone?
    nice try
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

nice try
    lol indeed.

this forum doesn't even go back far enough to prove who was the first to ever ask for more tower fields.
    Because Race Yalm

nice try
    No as you might read earlier I am quite against introducing more tower fields, even with server merges, and I want the player cities gone from the world because they long since lived out their usefulness and novelty. Keep them in some instance or blow them up and give us asteroid belt mining platforms instead please. But do expand on the tower war mechanism.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    No as you might read earlier I am quite against introducing more tower fields, even with server merges, and I want the player cities gone from the world because they long since lived out their usefulness and novelty. Keep them in some instance or blow them up and give us asteroid belt mining platforms instead please. But do expand on the tower war mechanism.
    I wouldn't mind some SL faction-based PVP. Especially if it means battlezones with terrain similar to Scheol, Adonis, and Pandemonium.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    VAUGHN2006, as you've been told before:
    No characters will be deleted during or after the transfer, even if your total amount of characters exceeds 8.
    There is no need to keep repeating the same misinformation regarding this subject.
    Then please fill in the data vacuum and provide more details. It should be obvious to you that you have only partially answered questions on this matter. When information is lacking then speculation is all there is to fill the gap!

What possible questions are there?

No characters being deleted. Accounts merged even past 8 slots.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

I think it's safe to assume we're getting extra slots.

BTW I would gladly be willing to pay some kind of one-time fee for the ability to log 2 toons from the same account at the same time. >>
    Because Race Yalm

About the new global market.

Can you browse buy orders? That would be nice. See what people are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinted View Post
    About the new global market.

Can you browse buy orders? That would be nice. See what people are looking for.
    Wouldn't they be pretty pointless if you couldn't? I mean matching those on creation is probably much harder than keeping them mixed. And lot more intensive, run though database for each new order...

PS Good work Fates, and who ever got around giving here time for more hats...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    I think it's safe to assume we're getting extra slots.
    Never safe to assume anything. However I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions in either direction. It's still too early to tell, let's just ask in a nice way and I think Funcom will answer these questions when the time for the merge is near.

Who knows, it may not even happen this year since they are focused on the big 3 (New Engine, New Player Experience, Systems Changes).
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

You can just buy 3 extra spots in TSW it seems so, that end up in how many?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Iriche View Post
    You can just buy 3 extra spots in TSW it seems so, that end up in how many?
    AoC caps at 10 I think...

This offer will permanently increase the number of available characters on your Age of Conan account by one.

Accounts are currently limited to 10 additional slots (including ones earned by being a veteran player).
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    all your toons will be deleted and you'll have to start fresh on the new server.
    Just as he suspected!

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Never safe to assume anything. However I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions in either direction. It's still too early to tell, let's just ask in a nice way and I think Funcom will answer these questions when the time for the merge is near.

Who knows, it may not even happen this year since they are focused on the big 3 (New Engine, New Player Experience, Systems Changes).
    We've been asking and they aren't answering so all we have to go on is the way they handled the German server merge which was not player friendly and resulted in many lost toons. The speculation about new slots is just that since FC has never indicated in any way they would do that in any post. The problem is that they are not being straightforward with definitive answers on how they are going to do this merger. Just "saying" no toons will be eliminated does not say how that will be avoided.

Funcom employee

The decision regarding character slots, possible changes and all other details you need will be announced at a later date by Lindelu.
    Your enthusiasm regarding this subject is much appreciated, but you'll have to sit tight for the answer on this one

You still will have plenty of time to react or respond when the announcement is given.
    Last edited by Vhab; Apr 7th, 2012 at 14:42:46.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    The decision regarding character slots, possible changes and all other details you need will be announced at a later date by Lindelu.
    Your enthusiasm regarding this subject is much appreciated, but you'll have to sit tight for the answer on this one

You still will have plenty of time to react or respond when the announcement is given.
    Unlike with cash-shop? ;D
    Last edited by Ekarona; Apr 7th, 2012 at 15:09:48.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    I'Most system changes (unlike direct changes to profession specific nanos and perks) are unlikely to meaningfully alter the power gap between the strongest and weakest professions.
    I like profession-disparity. I think we should be very diferent from the start, altho balanced.

For example Agent doing godlike damage and be a little squishy in comparsion to anyone else while MP have a meaningfull ability to debuff opponents and perhaps impair nanodamage, soldier having high HP, shields and damage but lesser nanoabilities, being less resistant towards attacks etc... I have a really bad feeling regarding this 'professionbalance' as it seems to be more a redefinition (which no one have asked for) of the professions we have enjoyed for 10 years soon. And this seems to be done by one person without education and experience, or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    [prose]
    Monthly Development Update: March 2012

One thing especially that I will bring with me home to my team was a talk covering tutorials by George Fan, the man behind Plants versus Zombies, who said something like "if you have a mechanic that is really complicated and you fear not being able to teach it to the player in a good way - add it to the vendor. Most players really enjoy reading up on how a mechanic works when they are making a concious decision how to improve their weapons."

This, combined with another quote from one of this years speakers Sid Meier, who said something like "A game is a series of interesting decisions," really pinpoints something we are working towards with the new starting area and systems changes.
    Yes, you are talking about the procs right? Plz!

Last edited by leetlover; Apr 7th, 2012 at 15:54:04.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    I have a really bad feeling regarding this 'professionbalance' as it seems to be more a redefinition (which no one have asked for) of the professions we have enjoyed for 10 years soon. And this seems to be done by one person without education and experience, or am I wrong?
    Afaik it's mostly Genele who's in charge of the design documents, and she's been on the team for several years. I think we can safely assume that she is experienced.

Plus it's not like the rest of the team don't have their word, I'm sure lindelu or even Kintaii would share their opinions to say the least.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Qualto View Post
    - Previously mentioned lvl 160-200 players instead form up their own teams to do penumbra missions.
    They have to more creative...pen-mission is entirely identical to all the SL-dungeons. It's the same dungeon sticthed together diferently with pretty much the same mobs and same end-encounter with too small loot-table.

Alapappa + outdoor pen would be more proper for 160-200, and alb/outdoor inf for 190-215 if the instance where adjusted. Players should also produce the loot/item database as they play/level, which would mean changing dailies, kite/ost, hecks, arid rift and LE-missions a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualto View Post
    The most effective way to level should be the same as the most enjoyable way; with a team where everyone is around the same level. Where everyone fulfills their "roles". Healers heal. Tanks tank. Crow-control profs mezz/root/snare adds. And damage dealers do damage.
    Yes, make debuffs matter and create disparity between profession. Agent have 15% crit aura (not a osb'able buff) for example and Gnat's Wing as a team-buff while enhancing the tanking ability to tank-professions etc.

I have probably said this b4 but, no loot-production = no profession-repetoir and no char-customation = no profession abillity...which result in poweveling. Also, the leveling-encounters are horribly boring, repetive which they don't have to be since there is mobs and encounters that operate more funky like dreadlochs, prisoners, neretva etc
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 7th, 2012 at 16:55:11.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast