Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 200 engi twink (critique my setup)

200 engi twink (critique my setup)

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=181273

would a 200 engi even work?
    this char would mainly be for duels and bs

I reckon it'd be all right.. With that setup you'd have 2120+ AR with amep (more with towers), 13k hp self (with enhance health perks). 195 blockers are decent.
    But I'd consider using a pistol/AS imp for right hand, as you'll only have around 1220 AS skill self. If you do need the extra nanoskills from the rh symb, you could maybe hotswap ql200 imp with a lower symb using a treatment lab :P
    Pets will be pretty bad, but at least you could use Sotos and omni-pol boosts for extra AR.
    Last edited by Goose; Mar 18th, 2012 at 15:37:39.
    Nnivekccub lvl 220 Engineer
    Mongoose831 lvl 175+ leveling Agent
    Mongoose144 lvl 126 Agent
    Atheist tl4 leveling doc
    Platypus135 tl4 leveling sold

How would pets be bad? There is no reason to expect he couldn't easily pop the top level-locked pets.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

yeah thats one more thing i wanted to ask about. how much ar would a slayer have with maximum buffs? and the top dog (lol).

is there somewhere i can find this info?

Quote Originally Posted by Mangostik View Post
    is there somewhere i can find this info?
    Here. It is in the useful reference threads list.

So, your slayer would have 630+446+100+40+220 = 1436 AR when trimmed and with SotOS up. That's 220 more than TL5 engis have, and I can tell you that the slayer is truly worthlessly pathetic in TL5.

The dog would have 2076 AR. When it was alive.

Your pets will suck, they will suck, your pets will SUCK. They can dole out some significant damage in PvM. They can't hurt players.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    Here. It is in the useful reference threads list.

So, your slayer would have 630+446+100+40+220 = 1436 AR when trimmed and with SotOS up. That's 220 more than TL5 engis have, and I can tell you that the slayer is truly worthlessly pathetic in TL5.

The dog would have 2076 AR. When it was alive.

Your pets will suck, they will suck, your pets will SUCK. They can dole out some significant damage in PvM. They can't hurt players.
    whats up stage you little bastard =o 2076 ar doesnt seem so bad man, almost as much as the engi itself. how do u suppose a 200 engi twink would work out vs top notch players from other professions?

2076 isn't pathetic. And iirc its weapon isn't terrible either. Its survivability is. It's susceptible to CC, has low HP, paths like a pet and doesn't hit real fast either. I think it's unlikely that it would regularly justify the time it takes to cast and buff it. Maintaining SoTOS during combat is also no small feat. And while 2076 AR isn't pathetic, its not impressive. It will sometimes hit semi-evaders and worse. If they don't CC it. Or kill it. Or ignore it because they have TMS up or are enforcers or docs.

Overall I am not inclined to be optimistic. Feel free to put in the tremendous effort required to prove me wrong, but what I see is a toon with poor offense, very poor defense, a huge delay between being unbuffed to ready to roll, virtually no powerful situational tools and critically, that greatest of engineer PvP woes even at 220, no means of dictating the terms of battle; if you do manage to startle someone they can cheerfully run away and return when their perks are back up and/or they're reinforced by friends.

Now, I have no experience of PvP at this kind of level. Perhaps those that do can answer the following question: What classes would fare poorly against this 200 engineer 1 v 1?

Byracka iddqd

Pets will be probably be just as bad as at tl5 since the extra AR you get from buffs will be negated or surpassed by the extra evades everyone gets, but they are still worth casting for the little extra damage they might do, and as a distraction.

Annoyingly even the 100 doggy has more AR than the 200 slayer. Lowering the level lock on the annihilator (lvl 201 slayer) has been (the bare minimum) needed for years to push engi a little closer to being viable. But it's hardly the most important thing FC needs to sort out :P

Annoyingly crats got a new pet though (carlina) which seems to be pretty good.
    Last edited by Goose; Mar 19th, 2012 at 01:09:41.
    Nnivekccub lvl 220 Engineer
    Mongoose831 lvl 175+ leveling Agent
    Mongoose144 lvl 126 Agent
    Atheist tl4 leveling doc
    Platypus135 tl4 leveling sold

Perhaps those that do can answer the following question: What classes would fare poorly against this 200 engineer 1 v 1?
    Stop asking questions that have no answer, what is this philosophy sunday with stage? Next he'll be telling you its a categorical imperative to roll engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Annoyingly crats got a new pet though (carlina) which seems to be pretty good.
    Not to mention the crat tool set is actually useful for offensive purposes in pet PvP.
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

I already told you it would suck, thanks for buying that VP off my though.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Well, it will work somewhat. The 5er refreshing blockers are fair enough. Not sure what you need the Hardcore CPU Upgrade or the S7 ring for. And I'd love to know how you intend to equip those 250 and 260 symbs, specially the brain. Or keep the 300 Ofab & css out of oe.
    What you *will* have is massive problems in terms of runspeed. And AS. You will need more AS to have it work.
    What perk setup did you think about?
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Takun View Post
    what is this philosophy sunday with stage?
    That's a good idea.

Byracka iddqd

Now, I have no experience of PvP at this kind of level. Perhaps those that do can answer the following question: What classes would fare poorly against this 200 engineer 1 v 1?
    easy:
    Shades (no really, its not even funny. Just gotta time that blind & coon right)
    Agents (Medallion & watch that slayer perform an unsedated protoscopy)
    Soldiers (just gotta get near enought to pop NSD and they're down for the count)
    MPs (rarely that they are thread, only all-out-def setup stands a chance)
    most Crats (read: no Stance/DtB up on alpha)

Good chance (either or neither will die):
    Keepers
    Fixer
    Traders (If you get the drop on em)
    Engis
    NTs
    MA

No real chance:
    Docs
    Enfos
    Advy
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

It is my solid opinion that mileage varies. You can take a top geared anything and itll never perform the exact same for everyone. Play it and enjoy it for your reasons, not theirs. You could be the next engi rock star for all you know. Empires were built by doers, not naysayers.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Mar 19th, 2012 at 23:37:26.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Anything that is stationary...

Give the enemy GSF and let him run up a bit around and your pets are worthless.

I did spend some time a while back when we had the 175-214 range and it caught me when I was leveling between 180-210. Granted at that time since I was in what would have been called a pvm setup, aka lacking AS.

With enfs it was a mostly a lost game if I didn't have GSF and even then if I really had to be damn lucky. Proper enf twink - absolutely no chance. Against enfs I doubt craphander would do that good.

Fixers... I remember hating the little buggers. Same for MAs. I could give them a scare once I got the jump on them due to high AR or, after I got MB for the pets, in the occurrences pets got closer. AS would help here.

Keepers - there were some +210 keepers that were simply untouchable by the pets. The others were easy except for the fact some had a bit more HP so it took a bit longer. AS may actually help here.

Shades - it was fun. If I caught them before they used DoF, they'd get toasted. The better shades, it was random and depended on who got the jump on the other. Mostly, I never felt the lack of AS except a once or twice. If they'd try to perk-drain the pet, you should have enough time to outright kill them.

Soldier - omnonom. Most of them were trying to AMS-tank my engie. There were a 2-3 +210 soldiers with Dshark that used to kite the hell out of my pets. Erm... pet since the dog would have died quite fast.

Docs - with a very few exceptions, 2-5s time to ground them into a pulp.

MPs - meh. Except for the ultra-low HP MPs, easy.

Agents - unless they kited, fun stuff if you started perking before they got to UBTing your pets.

NTs/crats/traders - damn rooting little buggers. Twice the damn rooting little buggers if they had decent defense. Forget about having the pets out.

I remember having to replace my keyboards Pet Attention button.

Bottom line... with the exception of a few professions, if you are faced with above average pvp-ers, pets won't make much of a difference. Against poor and decent equiped players, pets will make a world of difference.

Again, if the target has GSF, pets will not keep up. Get GSF yourself and recast the pets.

I never was a uber pvp-er, but I had some fun. Kited some melee professions and got kited in return by good soldiers, MPs and fixers.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

201+ is a completely different game. With access to the sl slayers, albtraum phats and new perks (aka bio10) among huge ip boosts you just can't compare it to 151-200.

:edit: and if your pets are getting rooted & calmed a lot past lvl 185 then you're doing something very very wrong. You yourself getting rooted is nothing new, but your pets getting rooted is a problem.
    Last edited by sannz; Mar 20th, 2012 at 08:57:24.
    keep smiling

I know +201 it was a different thing... But I caught the 175-214 range which was both annoying and fun at the same time.

As for pets getting rooted or calmed... it always seemed there were too many CC professions on the other side.

Then again, I never was big on pvp and went to BS mainly to farm my ofab back, helm and a pad and some VP for nanos and other misc items.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Coherent Polarized Screening & Omni-Pol Pacification Logic System = 76% root & snare resist. In between that, Pet Attention and the trimmer, there really isn't much CC'ers can do as long as you are within casting range.
    keep smiling

I have a tons different setup than yours. Comparing it, I have more AR by 300 (which is atm 2178), less HP (got 8100 atm - not finished into HP). I dont use AS either. Just AMEP/EDBP. 250 head is close to impossible (read - NOT POSSIBLE), and few other stuff will be a pain to put in (like belt you plan to get on).

As it goes for gameplay in BS, i dont use Pets (unless there is a reall mess, like 10+ targets at a time). I am not much drained or rooted (1800NR does the job with almost 590 AAD). But then again, I dont kill much those HP targets (they often run, so I need to root them to be able to score kill). Enforcers and doctors are beyond my reach, keepers* require a lot of combinations, but are doable. But my engi is sqiushy, so when i make a mistake, time something wrong, I am going down pretty fast. But, after all, its a lot of fun and I like playing it on BS.

* - I am speaking about very good twinks and good players.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

pomidor, you used AS for a while on your engi, and it actually worked better than your dbep, speaking from an omni POV
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast