Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a simple question

a simple question

hey guys.
    heard u can solo s10 gens.
    just a simple question:
    how? (im almost sure that gens can smash slayer)
    and how fast? (compared to fixers for ex.)
    Last edited by cheolis; Mar 10th, 2012 at 21:36:16.

Read other threads about it. Seems like 3 slayers per gen is a common number.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Make sure you aren't reading about s10 gens from before they removed the column
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

I've never done it, but I guess it's the same as soloing any other boss.
    Chain casting pet heal and having a spare pet shell to use when your pets die, using cocoon to take a few hits if you get attacked in between.
    I would guess it's a pretty tough task, and even the best euipped struggle to do it succesfully.
    Nnivekccub lvl 220 Engineer
    Mongoose831 lvl 175+ leveling Agent
    Mongoose144 lvl 126 Agent
    Atheist tl4 leveling doc
    Platypus135 tl4 leveling sold

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Make sure you aren't reading about s10 gens from before they removed the column
    this is the problem. theres almost no info on s10 gens after the bounty nerf or how to kill em.

Which should say volumes? Most likely not worth the time / effort so people stopped doing it.

The thing I never understood here is why use an engineer... as noted there are other professions which will do it better, faster, stronger. (harder...) To the difficulty description on the character creation screen they should add 'only viable at 220', engineer is a great profession for pve at that level (and arguably 60-ish). Make your life easier and just roll a fixer.
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Quote Originally Posted by Takun View Post
    Make your life easier and just roll a fixer.
    This part simply applies for every situation .

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

even ga4 fixers cant solo the bosses without hiding. u cant root/snare em n go heal anymore, nowhere to hide either. any other proff is out of the question as well, as they need to actually tank em.

that leaves pet proffs to choose from, cuz they can have pets to tank for em.
    i dont think mps can solo em, since their pets are kind of squishy.
    crats may be able to do it with carlita, but as i said theres no info on it. (n i alrdy have 2 crats)
    n ive heard of a few engi that were able to do it.

so here i am.

btw, i dont get why its not worth the time anymore. their loot table is just the same. (maybe cuz relays are a lil more expensive now, around 30m. but i think its still profitable)

Quote Originally Posted by Takun View Post
    not worth the time / effort
    This is a MMO forum!
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Crat soloing would be incredibly slow if it is even possible. Just like eng.

your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    This is a MMO forum!
    Okay?

There is still a time vs reward element to gaming, everyone just has different levels but everyone has one. (for example I ran around for 5 hours last night farming crafting materials in a beta where my character is now deleted all to test the crafting further!) All I am simply saying is for his time vs reward (which it looks like he wants to farm sec10 generals) he/she would be better off using another profession for this, much in the same way you don't use 2he or 1hb on your engineer because it would give poor performance (you could do it this is MMO forum!) - but have fun with that one.

I am all for fun / unique setups (my favorite is still shotgun / pistol agent) - but some of them just don't work. Much in the same way 200 slayer does not work for sec10, its a 10 year old vanilla AO monster turned pet, give it more HD, AC-s and AAD and we might get somewhere - say why don't you get around to that Mr Profession relations? Oh wait, that program like everything else the AO team has concocted never went anywhere (and remember we're talking the MK 2 version).

Greets,
    Cynicalkun
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

u know, if the engi is a terrible idea, any other suggestions could help to.

soloing gens is the main thing, docs can do it maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by cheolis View Post
    u know, if the engi is a terrible idea, any other suggestions could help to.

soloing gens is the main thing, docs can do it maybe?
    Maybe. Try here.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

I'm sure MP can probably manage it with agg management and clever deletion and recasting of pets.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

crat and engi can both easily solo the boss if you play it right. the trick is getting to the boss areas, your ass gets nuked in 2 secs

make sure YOU hold aggro, so dont trim pets n stuff, and after a time, they gangbang the boss. but it makes no sense because it is so much easier with a fixer
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    crat and engi can both easily solo the boss if you play it right. the trick is getting to the boss areas, your ass gets nuked in 2 secs

make sure YOU hold aggro, so dont trim pets n stuff, and after a time, they gangbang the boss. but it makes no sense because it is so much easier with a fixer
    Is this pre- or post- bounty nerf? I thought there was no problem with getting to the boss areas anymore, and why is boss soloing so much easier with fixer?
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

least hassle. your hp regenerates fully in a few seconds, and you can tank the boss for quite a while. even though the dd is lower, the less hiding makes up for it

I made a blinded blackbird + ofab hawk GA fixer with fullauto and burst, it was pretty fast to pew pew down the gen

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    the trick is getting to the boss areas, your ass gets nuked in 2 secs
    How far in the past are you?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Make a friend. its more profitable to find a good friend to pop relays with you that is a doc or something else the compliments your profession. Me and a friend do it with my crat and him on a doc. its not the fastest thing in the world but if i grab pnh i can chain nukes forever. and no way I lose agg while chain casting them. plus you can JLMN the boss and debuff them while they are calmed, then send pet in and start nuking, bot is extra damage while your tanking with evades. get in a tough spot and pop an AAD perk, your golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    How far in the past are you?
    Tru

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    Make a friend. its more profitable to find a good friend to pop relays with you that is a doc or something else the compliments your profession.
    LOL thats not the way!

Devil Inside

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast