Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Vhab!

Someone unfamiliar with this game could bring some new life into it not the same boring grind, but whatever.

Someone new to the game would probably just try to make it as much like WoW as possible.

like WoW but 10 years old!

Also, re: Madgeneral, don't get me wrong. There's a lot in this game that needs improvement I think. I just like to think that someone who truly knows the game would also know where to start, like the monotony of hecklers, inf missions, etc.

And Vhab, not sure what you'll be working on but if it's interface/GUI related please PM me if you'd like some (many!) suggestions. ;P

Should we send over some hagelslag to Canada or do they have enough there for ya? Either way gratz to you
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Should we send over some hagelslag to Canada or do they have enough there for ya? Either way gratz to you
    Even worse, there's a distinct lack of frikandel here!
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

He'll be coding not designing quests.

Although should he be demoted (promoted?) to content designer i'm looking forward to new daily missions that will propably include:

- saving Candy Van from the kindappers
    - stopping the hackers who are stealing !points
    - comforting the atrox MP who is sad and depressed about his profession and stands on edge of Broken Shores pyramid about to commit suicide

*random MP whine line*

Oh, and gratz.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I was wondering who got the Code position they advertised. I somewhat had a feeling it might be you.

Congrats, dood. Don't get too lost in the code. When you start seeing it tell you to burn things, take a break. Maybe go visit the Server Guy.
    -Tanisthonus. 212MP. Unity of the Rose. Atlantean.

Nice! Grats Funcom! And Vhab..!

Hey Vhabbie, congrats and it was a long time coming.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Even worse, there's a distinct lack of frikandel here!
    Lmao, we need to send a whole Unilever department there asap, hell they can make bigass profit in Canada with all our speshul meals :P
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Congratulations Vhab! Will you still have some time to devote to the MC server ?
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Congratulations Vhab!
    May the code monkey be strong in you and defeat the bit monster!
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Grats!
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

/me runs up and squish hugs Vhab, the world's favorite code monk! Gratz you!

Canada will nevah see what hit them!

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    - comforting the atrox MP who is sad and depressed about his profession and stands on edge of Broken Shores pyramid about to commit suicide
    bring back fall damage!!!
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    like WoW but 10 years old!
    WoW is already 7 and a half. I wonder if it will last as long as AO tbh.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Grats! And holy crap now I can say I've played minecraft with an AO dev, other then Kintaii

Now we can get very technical answers on why the things we want are not/cannot be done

Grats Vhab!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast