Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clearing out of old names? Cz, Cosmik?

Originally posted by besheba
    in short they dont wanna decrease thier database of so called players by half or more

roflol, now that is a funny/probably true statement if I ever heard one.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Well I did quit for 8 months or so, my internet conection was so crappy i could no longer play. I was very happy to see that Reggi was still in the database so I for one am gratefull to FC for maintaining him......though the dust in my apartment was a little thick.

Question What?

That is strange... I was sure that it was stated somewhere in the FunCom's literature that you only had a three month grace period after you quite AO or your account would be deleted. Now I hear that it is an indefinite amount of time.

Hm, so my plan is in place, since I am mainly waiting for the 'uber' story to commence in the Shadowlands expansion pack - I cancel my AO account for now and reactivate it next Summer when Shadowlands is released. Not a bad idea... Thanks.

all characters should be deleted if not used within 2 days!

j/k :P

Re: What?

Originally posted by stafford
    That is strange... I was sure that it was stated somewhere in the FunCom's literature that you only had a three month grace period after you quite AO or your account would be deleted. Now I hear that it is an indefinite amount of time.

Hm, so my plan is in place, since I am mainly waiting for the 'uber' story to commence in the Shadowlands expansion pack - I cancel my AO account for now and reactivate it next Summer when Shadowlands is released. Not a bad idea... Thanks.
    Officially they are deleted after 3 months.

But unofficially they aren't and are stored indefinately.
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

Actually, Funcom promise to store your characters unharmed for 3 months. After that they might keep them for you for 2 years, or might delete them the next day. You takes your chances.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

And why are Banned account names unavailable?

They can keep these crazy names in their database if they'd like for all I care, what WOULD be nice is that when they release the booster, they give characters a chance to change their names "like the ip reset" I know it's happened to everyone before, you rush to give a character a name, only to realize at level 100+ they'd be nicer with a different name...I still don't understand FC's policy on that, they can do it with ease, and after all we are paying them, the least they can do is grant a name change, and I don't mean the first and last names either.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Originally posted by Shizara
    They can keep these crazy names in their database if they'd like for all I care, what WOULD be nice is that when they release the booster, they give characters a chance to change their names "like the ip reset" I know it's happened to everyone before, you rush to give a character a name, only to realize at level 100+ they'd be nicer with a different name...I still don't understand FC's policy on that, they can do it with ease, and after all we are paying them, the least they can do is grant a name change, and I don't mean the first and last names either.
    Well, reputation counts, no? People have friends and ignore lists, and others they watch out for. If you allow people to change their names, this could have not such positive implications.

This is generally unrelated, but as I am the Self-Proclaimed Crusader of Truth, Scourge of Ignorance, I feel that it is my kismetic duty, nay, my DESTINY to address this:

The difference here is that people pay $12.95 per mont for the right to have the names they want.
    Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, WRONG.

I dunno how many times people can say this before others start to believe that, but the only thing.. and I repeat the ONLY thing your $12.95 buys you is the right to access the servers at least ONCE during your billing period.

It doesn't buy you the right to have whatever name you want, the right to a certain level of customer service, the right to timely updates, nuffin

Now, for the record.. I agree with you when you think that it sucks.. but lets not hide our heads in the sand. That's the way it is

Originally posted by Shizara
    My guess is that it has something to do with SuperSLAG.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Re: Interesting question.

Originally posted by Devalos
    As for the previous posters statement that the database is holding names of deleted characters, well yes and no. There are two seperate systems in place, one holds character data and a deleted character is indeed deleted and the name is freed. However, the chat system will continue to reference a characters name to the orriginal account until that name is reused by another account. At which time, if you query the chat client the deleted character will no longer show as being associated with your account.

I have two accounts and I wanted to move one character from account A to account B but when i deleted the character and then tried to make it on the 2nd account im getting a invalid name msg.

I tried it with all the deleted characters and even made some new characters and then deleted them to see if i could use the name again on the 2nd account still no go.

btw pls dont tell me to reinstall AO im really getting tired of fc reps using that for every problem that appears.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Talking Hey, FunCom actually listened to me!

I'm shocked . Now to go searching for good names on level 1's that I want...

Re: Re: Interesting question.

Originally posted by Xyberviri
    I have two accounts and I wanted to move one character from account A to account B but when i deleted the character and then tried to make it on the 2nd account im getting a invalid name msg.
    I actually emailed Funcom about this and the response I got was that the name is in fact freed up when you delete it, but may not be updated in the database for up to 24-48 hours for another account to be able to use the name.

However, I myself have 2 accounts, and I did exactly what you did, and the name was instantly available. Give it a day or two to see if the name is freed up for you to grab on your second account. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm certainly not a customer service representative for Funcom

--Tsk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12