Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031

Thread: Monthly Development Update: February 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    You can also blame me for the the gem revamp if you played back then
    Ah HAH! I absolutely blame you for that!

At release I made a Dark Templar (big mistake at that time). I was the gimpest of the gimps. Then I happened upon the joys of a full 1he gem set. I began 1-2 shotting people like crazy. That was a glorious week.

Then came the gem nerf, and I was back to being the gimpest class in the game again. Thx ;p

(Sorry to get off topic)
    Service (220 Doc ) : Putrefy (173 Shade) : Klench (162 Enf ) : Impiety (113 MP) : Immolater (76 Agent ) : Apprentice Pained (5 Advy)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Ex-ShadowMercs, Ex-Awakening, Ex-Legion, Ex-Orbitek,)

Tomorrow is going to be a great day for a special reveal on one of our most anticipated changes to the game. Stay tuned!

This was posted on AO Facebook group.

So everyone calm down and wait for tomorrow ?

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Yea let me introduce you to circular logic which seems to be your flavor.

I order a steak, it's not the way I ordered it so I complain, I complain even though I got what I ordered, I pay for it even though it's not what I wanted. I complain again thinking I will get a different steak, but I get the same steak everytime I order, so I complain some more. This time it will be different, but it's the same, so I complain again, but I'm still eating steak so it's ok. Even though it's not the way I want my steak, so I have reason to complain. I have reason to complain about bad steak but I keep ordering it. bla bla bla bla bla

You have no arguement because you are paying for what you don't like. That's an oxymoron. You don't have to pay, you pay to complain, you complain because you pay on and on and on again.
    Actually, it's the only place in town that serves steaks. Sure, other places have food, but you want a steak. Even though it's not prepared the way you wanted it to be and they promise to make it better next time you come, so far you didn't get food poisoning and you can kind of enjoy the meal. Maybe you could enjoy some other food at other restaurants, but hey - you feel like eating steak, and maybe today it will get better.

Or tomorrow. Or soon™.

Quote Originally Posted by equilibrium View Post
    Tomorrow is going to be a great day for a special reveal on one of our most anticipated changes to the game. Stay tuned!

So everyone calm down and wait for tomorrow ?
    Time for wild speculation on what, exactly, is in the announcement!

The Engine video is the biggie, naturally, but it could also be levels for cash (given what the AO FB page is usually used for), the server merge or something else...
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

Hyping up, and showing, the new engine video no doubt. What would be a "special reveal" would be a fixed and confirmed release date.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

/speculation on

If it's the video, I guess that means a gaming site has been selected to do the actual reveal. Oh jeez, what are the odds that all the gaming sites passed on the exclusive? If AO releases the video I will be mightily disappointed.

/downermode off
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

At this point, I fully expect the announcement to be "The collector's edition of TSW will include a sneak preview of the AO engine video."

I think the special reveal will be a new Auction House that allows us to buy items without traveling to player cities.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

They are adding a Combined Daily mission, you buy a Miir handbag and give it to an NPC. And you get rewards from all the daily missions, it's on a 17 hour lockout.

So you can MMO while you singleplayer
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

my money is on a fix for a floating rock in DAV
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

YAY new engine

It's the mystery behind the CoH chest finally explained.

Also, stop talking about steaks, I'm f-ing hungry now...
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

I bet 5 armenian doillares on another, endgame, one room, boss instance. Atroxes of all professions will finally be able to equip all alfa symbs even without towers.

Becuase we not haev enuff WTS's on our LFT's.

But there is always tommorow
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Service View Post
    Ah HAH! I absolutely blame you for that!

At release I made a Dark Templar (big mistake at that time). I was the gimpest of the gimps. Then I happened upon the joys of a full 1he gem set. I began 1-2 shotting people like crazy. That was a glorious week.

Then came the gem nerf, and I was back to being the gimpest class in the game again. Thx ;p

(Sorry to get off topic)
    I pwnd so much as Dark Templar, I think you did it wrong
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Another opportunity for Bad Behavior?

Reading the thread (well most of it) there is another aspect to consider. As people move to the new server, will existing orgs have claim to the org name on the new server? If not I expect there will be instances of people stealing the names of existing orgs.

One solution would be a two step migration process. First step is that the org leaders get duplicated on the new server at time of initialization. Org then also exists and city can be instanced, etc. They can duplicate toons on the test server, so seems like this would not be a stretch and the org name, city, and bank get duplicated. This conserves the data for the existing players.

When the org leader moves over, it overwrites the existing "placeholder" toon data (preferences) and org data (bank mostly)." Effectively activating the placeholder. The org is then active with city, bank, and name. This would probably require intervention on Funcom's part to ensure it is done properly (never have trusted data transfers completely) but doing it for the relatively small number of org leaders would not seem to be an overwhelming difficutly and it would ensure that current org names continue to be the property of existing members.

Bah, hit the wrong thread line. Sorry

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031