Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: February 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    Yes because OCC is the most reliable place for user input, the place where people try to be as sarcastic and annoying as possible.
    You can safely say that an OOC channel represents a broader part of the community than the forums.

Not like we would be annoying or sarcastic at any time.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

So I take it the March update will be in April?

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    If I want to voice my opinion on a PUBLIC FORUM, I will.

If I want to give criticism about a product I pay £15 a month for, I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Monday morning logic fail is fun to read. Prolly oughtn't chide folks for over-representing the player base then doing it yourself. Further, I highly doubt that more than a few percent of the "active" players don't know about rebalance.
    For the record I refer to "I" or "myself" in posts not "everybody" when I post an opinion.

Hilarious though...you don't get the point so I will try to type slowly for you. You complain about paying for something you don't like or don't want. You are causing your own unhappiness.

Let me put it like this, what you are doing is like going to a restaurant and ordering a steak with ceasar salad, but they bring you pork chops with a chef salad. You eat it unhappily, pay for it unhappily, and complain about it unhappily. Yet you keep going back to the same restaurant, with the same waiter and never get what you order or pay for. Does that make ANY sense at all? Why would you keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results? Thats is the definition of insanity. Just doesn't make sense to me to spend time QQ/crying on forums INSTEAD of playing (which is what you are paying for).

So yea feel free to complain all you want but you can fix your own situation. When you come to the realization that you don't have to pay for AO since it seems to make you so unhappy- can I have your stuff before you cancel?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    no. the march update will be in march. the april update will be in april. why would you think the march update would be in april? are you concerned that funcom hasn't learned their months yet? they may be incompetent ass-monkeys* but i'm pretty sure they know their months.

*direct means quote taken out of context

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    The February update was made on the 29th of February, and the January update was made on the 31st of January. That Lindelu hasn't posted the March update by the 26th of March doesn't mean it will be in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Is the population difference between RK1 and RK2 that significantly different? I'm getting the feel, from your post, that maybe RK1's population is similar to what we had on RK2 back in 2004 or so when I started playing.

Honestly, I take no personal offense to your statements.. but it sounds like we're playing two very different games.. or maybe the same game but in completely different environments. That would most defintely affect outlook.
    Not sure how things roll on rk2, but rk1 has nightly raids, so much I have to decide between doing pande/apf13-28-35/db1-2/collector/gauntlet. Every night. Repeat every night. We squeezed in some biodomes a few times over the weekend also just for kicks.

In fact I had to catch myself from saying something when I saw 2 pay account org mates doing PW borgs instead of being in SL. They were having fun teamed with a group of froobs, and afterwards did some broken shores missions. It reminded me of the innocence of new players that are just happy to meet people and make friends. Thats what AO should be about not farming for combined armor to pvp epeen someone.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    The February update was made on the 29th of February, and the January update was made on the 31st of January. That Lindelu hasn't posted the March update by the 26th of March doesn't mean it will be in April.
    beat you to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    -terrible analogy-
    Nice.

What's actually happening is I'm paying for a 'medium rare steak with salad' and I'm getting a 'well done steak with salad'. I still enjoy the steak, it's just a bit tough to eat.

See?

Your analogy is flawed anyway simply because an MMO isn't an 'as-is' product. Subscription costs are (theoretically) there to pay for server maintenance and the continued cost of development. An MMO subscription is an INVESTMENT and thus stems the reason for the 'Game suggestion' forums, you know, the only kind of forum you see on a game that is being CONTINUALLY DEVELOPED.

Paying for AO isn't contributing to my own unhappiness either because I can stop at any time I like and I tend to do that every now and then to keep things fresh but coming up with half-assed analogies to attack the community who don't blindly follow the definition of 'fan boy' to the letter,unlike yourself, is frankly, rediculous.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Not sure how things roll on rk2, but rk1 has nightly raids, so much I have to decide between doing pande/apf13-28-35/db1-2/collector/gauntlet. Every night. Repeat every night. We squeezed in some biodomes a few times over the weekend also just for kicks.
    Ok, you've got me curious Are you saying your org does APF's, DB 1/2, Collector and Gauntlet every night such that you actually have to choose which to do? Because that means you have several docs, tanks and a crapton of support professions to have all of that going on at once. Again, I can tell you... if there are any orgs on RK2 that fit that description I simply do not know who they are. My org is just reaching medium sized and we can only really pull off one encounter at a time.. and we can do things back to back but....having all of that going on at the same time.. not even an option. So this leads me back to the original statement that I made about your feedback... you are missing the concept that there is some difference in the environment on the servers. A lot of the people I see posting, are folks whose names I recognize as being on RK2. If the population is so different on RK1 then fine.. you don't have a reason to complain.. that doesn't mean that we don't.

RK2 really has become the land of "how can I do it most effeciently with the fewest number of people to maximize loot potential?" Pick-up teams/grabbing folks off LFT/grabbing people from neutnet is like a last resort option and those raids, quite often, fail due to poor communication, lack of knowledge of the participants, or lack of skill of the participants.

Most people are forced to buy lootrights because they don't have the resources within their org or circle of friends to pull off content and no one willing to give them a chance so that they can learn the encounter for themselves. It really is a very very sad state of affairs which is why, from time to time, I hold public raids and lead them.. to help out in any little way that I can.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

jill the difference is that rk2 is in the stoneage compared to rk1. rk1 has a healthy bot population atm in addition to a spambot and lft. we have 1 multifaction rollbot, 1 multifaction point bot and 2 faction bots that i know of as well as several org coops that do raids often. as far as i can tell rk2 resort to the primitive lft/spam system.

Nice.

What's actually happening is I'm paying for a 'medium rare steak with salad' and I'm getting a 'well done steak with salad'. I still enjoy the steak, it's just a bit tough to eat.
    I wouldn't pay for ANY food if it wasn't what I ordered. I certainly wouldn't keep going back to the same restaurant.

So now that you admit that you are NOT gettin what you are paying for...

Why do you keep paying for it? lol

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Ok, you've got me curious Are you saying your org does APF's, DB 1/2, Collector and Gauntlet every night such that you actually have to choose which to do?
    Yes- Within my org we can do all those in house, but APF's/Pande mainly is done on points/roll bots though.

Clans and omni's can do them so well they farm BoC's for 60 and 150 twinks. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    jill the difference is that rk2 is in the stoneage compared to rk1. rk1 has a healthy bot population atm in addition to a spambot and lft. we have 1 multifaction rollbot, 1 multifaction point bot and 2 faction bots that i know of as well as several org coops that do raids often. as far as i can tell rk2 resort to the primitive lft/spam system.
    And Yes
    Last edited by Psikie; Mar 26th, 2012 at 23:07:33.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Yes- Within my org we can do all those in house, but APF's/Pande mainly is done on points/roll bots though.
    Yeah, in my org we can do all of those things in-house too.. just not have all of them going on at the same time which is how it was sounding... but reading lazy's post I understand that you guys have point bots.

The problem isn't that RK2 is in the stoneage.. we had bots pre-instancing for things that you guys were doing sorta FFA (at least that's what people from RK1 were saying on the forums anyway). The whole bot/FFA issue really put a nasty taste in the mouths of the players back then and I don't think that any have worked out for longer than a month since then.

So sounds like its not population but coordination that is the difference.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I wouldn't pay for ANY food if it wasn't what I ordered. I certainly wouldn't keep going back to the same restaurant.

So now that you admit that you are NOT gettin what you are paying for...

Why do you keep paying for it? lol
    But it IS the food I ordered, just one variable has changed and ofc, I complained about that change in variable and they change it to how I want. I pay for AO, there is one variable I don't like, I complain and hopefully they change it. Do you understand now?

You are trying to poke holes in a water-tight argument to save face, just give up.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

But it IS the food I ordered, just one variable has changed and ofc, I complained about that change in variable and they change it to how I want. I pay for AO, there is one variable I don't like, I complain and hopefully they change it. Do you understand now?

You are trying to poke holes in a water-tight argument to save face, just give up.
    If that is what you ordered why are you complaining?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

If that is what you ordered why are you complaining?
    Are you new to the concept of reading?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Are you new to the concept of reading?
    Yea let me introduce you to circular logic which seems to be your flavor.

I order a steak, it's not the way I ordered it so I complain, I complain even though I got what I ordered, I pay for it even though it's not what I wanted. I complain again thinking I will get a different steak, but I get the same steak everytime I order, so I complain some more. This time it will be different, but it's the same, so I complain again, but I'm still eating steak so it's ok. Even though it's not the way I want my steak, so I have reason to complain. I have reason to complain about bad steak but I keep ordering it. bla bla bla bla bla

You have no arguement because you are paying for what you don't like. That's an oxymoron. You don't have to pay, you pay to complain, you complain because you pay on and on and on again.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Yea let me introduce you to circular logic which seems to be your flavor.

I order a steak, it's not the way I ordered it so I complain, I complain even though I got what I ordered, I pay for it even though it's not what I wanted. I complain again thinking I will get a different steak, but I get the same steak everytime I order, so I complain some more. This time it will be different, but it's the same, so I complain again, but I'm still eating steak so it's ok. Even though it's not the way I want my steak, so I have reason to complain. I have reason to complain about bad steak but I keep ordering it. bla bla bla bla bla

You have no arguement because you are paying for what you don't like. That's an oxymoron. You don't have to pay, you pay to complain, you complain because you pay on and on and on again.
    Except that's completely wrong because complaining has changed many things is AO in the past and continues to shape its future. Refer to my post which explains the idea behind the subscription fee and 'investing'.

See: Rebalance, Engine, New Player Experience.

Keep grasping those straws man.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Cool it and take it to private messages.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

This is not directed toward anyone in particular, but if the shoe fits you can wear it.
    The old banana in the tail pipe trick.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast