Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: February 2012

oh update...

first off, please use another font cause it hurts to read!

new start up as a single player kinda sounds dodgy... sounds like it's heading towards catering the wow crowd (not meaning this as an offense)...

prof rebalance is still a wait and see thing

the server 'migration' is imo admiting the game is dead and you're just gonna try squeezing the last dollars/euro's from us.... it's not magically going to increase the numbers to a decent playable size. It's just gonna give a little boost while many acounts will be cancelled due to the trackrecord and previous server closing... And if engine or rebalance get delayed more it will just be too late for the game.

oh well, to all good things must come an end and i had fun during all the years.

devs, prove me wrong and i'll buy you all a box of chocolates...
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

I approve of this update.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

*whines about everything Lindelu posted*

srsly tho, can't wait to see the video!

Omegahealer: Instead of seeing it from the negative side, try see it from the positive side. Just because they are brining a server merge doesn't necessarily mean the game's dead. They are just giving us a favor, having more to do, meet new faces. The whole reason why we play AO is to actually play it, right? You are not forced to play, go ahead and quit when the server merge gets implemented. I for the other hand will re-activate, meet new faces, and get that whole AO feeling again.

How many new/old players that will return with the giving engine and rebalance is hard to say.
    If the servers were to be overpopulated, would be fun and a sad thing in both ways. Fun for the more pvp'ing going on, sad for the more camped mobs and prices of stuff going up alot.
    They will probably take a new server into mind if this scenario becomes reality and stays permanent for a long time.

Thank you Lindelu for posting this, I'm all excited now and I can't wait to see the video in the upcomming days!
    Last edited by Hardcore; Feb 29th, 2012 at 17:06:11.

But with this we will loose all our characters??? what will happen if we have 2 accs?? anyone know?

Awesome

As stated in Title. This is very promising and I can't wait to see it. We waited long and keep beeing lojal, and we get rewarded. Honestly said, I rather see a good update than a lousy quickfix work. Thanks for doing this. Ao reactivated and back.
    Last edited by Xeuz; Feb 29th, 2012 at 17:10:06. Reason: typo...

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGirl View Post
    But with this we will loose all our characters??? what will happen if we have 2 accs?? anyone know?
    Didn't you read what Lindelu posted? They are aware of this and they are trying to come up with a solution, noone knows as it is now.

Nono, this is as I know only related to inactive accounts with characters under lvl 9-10. Correct me if I'm wrong.

sorry i asked becouse i'm portuguese and translate a entire text is dificult , but i hope not to loose my characters, i have my acc filled, becouse i play since 2004 and have a 2nd acc =|

sorry i asked becouse i'm portuguese and translate a entire text is dificult , but i hope not to loose my characters, i have my acc filled, becouse i play since 2004 and have a 2nd acc =|
    I'm sure they wont simply delete your characters. They will come up with something smart, as always

Trust me, aint gonna happen. Would in that case be bad minus rep for FC if they kicked out your high lvl toons . They wont do that unless the serverhamsters chew on the cables or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeuz View Post
    Trust me, aint gonna happen. Would in that case be bad minus rep for FC if they kicked out your high lvl toons . They wont do that unless the serverhamsters chew on the cables or something.
    They did it with RK3
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

For the new player startup: I'm hoping for something like the Arrival Hall but with added profession explanations and gearing up... NPCs explaining the world situation and the view over Rubi Ka is lovely. Having it completely polished before engine/rebalance is imperative though. Crucial new/returning player first impressions etc etc.

Tell FC marketing to get a move on with it's press release (or whatever) for the video so we can see it

Fresh server - sounds like a race to the best city plots from minute 1, ugh. Waiting to see the answers to those questions.

Oh yes, and with the comment on making it as easy as possible to adapt after the prof changes: does that include being able to do that free IP reset without having to unequip alphas/300 EoE?
    Last edited by Bombqueen; Feb 29th, 2012 at 17:32:47.
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

Again empty words ) I can bet engine video won't be finished even on 31 march, wonder what excuse will they use then
    Account frozen: Ornaola - 220/30 Opifex MA

"New account": Ornaolla - 220/18 trox MA

Yes im back, lol. Nerf addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Our hope is that you will have a lot of fun re-discovering the mechanics of your favorite professions, yet will keep most of the tools you're already familiar with in some shape or form.
    My hope is that you'll make them real mechanics. Gameplay is too much roll-your-face-on-your-keyboard3-keys atm; Buffs are cast-and-forget; IP/Perks/Research are too cookie cutter; etc
    blah

Thanks for the update, looking forward to the upgrades and the new vid
    220/30/70 Martial Artist
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    A Rubi-Ka Story - youtube
    TRB Presentation Video divx | wegame

Just bring some damn update already! I don't mind playing any beta state stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    ITT: My Main is also an Enforcer, and i get aroused by killing grey players.

YAY! No video and a lot of talk!

Same as ......past 5 years... . . .

I have questions:

What is better? 10AC, 3aad or 5 evades?
    How can I equip a toon decently while leveling without having a main to farm creds and gear for it?
    Will PvP continue to be an activity reserved for a few who can afford to buy levels and phats to make optimized twinks or can everybody jump in and have some fun?

If good answers to my questions are not put in game very soon then none of these rebalancings, new engines or whatevers are going to make a difference. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Whatever happened to number 5?
    It went on to have one adventure after another.
    I prefer to think, it lived happily everafter after that.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast