Thread: Monthly Development Update: February 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    What's AFD?
    that, ya nubcake

also: a wonderful day of mischief and laughter.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

You guys should really pay attention to the FC Marketing Gurus as they have done a stellar job of promoting AO in recent years. Don't say they haven't had anything to promote with either. We have not been playing this game in the slim hope that some new engine arrives. You have had material, you just never knew what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    that, ya nubcake

also: a wonderful day of mischief and laughter.
    BAH! I hate that day ;( it's the corniest of joke days :|
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

What is the address of Funcom HQ, despite the fact we're all very passionate about our opinions on this game, we still care - I'd like to send you some flowers.

I do think that FC should really take on board all player suggestions and criticism. Some players have been loyal players for 10 years.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BottingWorks View Post
    What is the address of Funcom HQ, despite the fact we're all very passionate about our opinions on this game, we still care - I'd like to send you some flowers.

I do think that FC should really take on board all player suggestions and criticism. Some players have been loyal players for 10 years.
    Amen to this. No matter how much I may complain I'll keep playing till you make me stop. Lindelu, I bet you didn't expect 14 pages of posts in the first week huh. But as stated we still love you all. Go Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    Amen to this. No matter how much I may complain I'll keep playing till you make me stop. Lindelu, I bet you didn't expect 14 pages of posts in the first week huh. But as stated we still love you all. Go Red Sox
    Same! Oh wait my account is closed today because it's not paid and I don't get paid until next week

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!
    OMNI-TEK

See that's the thing with the AO community, we're passionate, outspoken, volitile (Spelling?) and at times cruel.

That is actually a great thing, as we put into text everything we think will improve the game, everything that is hindering improvement and when we want a specific date. ;D

Despite the fact numbers on AO aren't perhaps as great as they should be, this thread has received amazing views and responses from the community. We want to know what's going and and we're here to help in whatever capacity that is. By now though I hope Funcoms realises would prefer bad news, as long as it's the truth. Without banging on about it - I'd enjoy : Engine Video Release will be on 12 November 2012, with hopes we can release before that / New Engine will be tested 28 December 2012, with hopes we can get it going before that.

You'd be surprised at the replies you got to an honest answer like that, but beware, give yourself a healthy date so that you can ensure you perform. The AO community is like a small child with a father that goes away on business a lot, you can keep telling us you'll be taking us to the Fun fair this weekend and then on the weekend telling us you have go away, so many times before that small child decides to put rat poison your coffee.

Much love! x

Quote Originally Posted by BottingWorks View Post
    Funcom Games Canada, Inc.

1440 Ste-Catherine Ouest
    Suite 900
    Montreal QC H3G 1R8
    Canada

That would allow it to reach the AO team if it has a card attached.
    HQ is in Norway, but there's no AO devs there.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Dear FC people,

AO player-base is consisted more from mature players, than in other games. Actually there are not many kids around.

A lot of players are employed and they have quite good idea how the work is planned, what is term of delivery (or execution) and what consequences are faced, when these dates are not kept....

And now these players are confronted with promises about some dates delayed year by year. And finally they should swallow quite vain exclamation about future progress with no dates at all..

Please FC people take in mind that you are hazarding with faith, confidence and great loyalty of your player-base staying faithfully many years in this great game.

Thank you.

Best regards

Philty
    Philty - main, engie, proud member of allmighty CzA
    Philtynurse - backup heal
    Philtysaurus - rising from the ashes

so a couple of days till a new engine video release (said in last monthly update) which had been announced to be in fabruary and it's a week into march and still nothing...
    If an employee of mine promissed me fake dates or told me "just a couple of days" and a week passed he'd been fired.

Get your stuff back together and be professional for once!
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkripper View Post
    so a couple of days till a new engine video release (said in last monthly update) which had been announced to be in fabruary and it's a week into march and still nothing...
    If an employee of mine promissed me fake dates or told me "just a couple of days" and a week passed he'd been fired.

Get your stuff back together and be professional for once!
    Dude, it says right here in the thread on page 6 why it's not out yet. With several posts explaining the reasoning behind it in detail.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Dude, it says right here in the thread on page 6 why it's not out yet. With several posts explaining the reasoning behind it in detail.
    It doesn't matter one tiny bit what the "reason" was this time. What matters is that it was delayed again. Time after time, year after year. Delayed with more excuses and false promises.

Even if the reason for postponing the video again, was actually valid this time (which i think it's not), the fact still remains that it was delayed AGAIN.

It the Real World (tm), constant failure to meet deadlines WILL always result in getting fired. A lot before 5 years of missed deadlines and constant lying.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    It doesn't matter one tiny bit what the "reason" was this time. What matters is that it was delayed again. Time after time, year after year. Delayed with more excuses and false promises.

Even if the reason for postponing the video again, was actually valid this time (which i think it's not), the fact still remains that it was delayed AGAIN.

It the Real World (tm), constant failure to meet deadlines WILL always result in getting fired. A lot before 5 years of missed deadlines and constant lying.
    What does it matter what the reason was? Or that there was a reason. The complaint in his post was that there was no word on the video at all, and that isn't true.

It's actually amazing that people read all this when there's clearly no point to doing so. Keep up with AO news through facebook or whatnot and I'm sure you won't have to read so much about hopes and expectations, and you'll know first thing when the video is out and when new engine is online. Complaining here leads exactly nowhere, as I'm sure the last 10 years have shown. So, who's the worse in this relationship?
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Mar 7th, 2012 at 15:00:37.
    The Red Brotherhood

Complaining here leads exactly nowhere, as I'm sure the last 10 years have shown.
    Such a criticism! Burn the witch! Burn! Burn!
    Philty - main, engie, proud member of allmighty CzA
    Philtynurse - backup heal
    Philtysaurus - rising from the ashes

Complaining here leads exactly nowhere, as I'm sure the last 10 years have shown.
    Complaining ANYWHERE leads to exactly nothing, what the past 10 years have actualy shown is that "FC does what FC wants."

I find this to be an intresting buisness strategy in such a bloated and over saturated marketplace where the consumer rules and reputation is key.

FC's reputatiopn over the last few years, in no small part thanks to thier (mis)management of thier AO customers has allready sunk one perfectly good WoW clone (AoC) and more recent actions have most likely killed TSW before its even hit its Beta.

Assuming that thier view on the matter is "Well we dont want those whiney old vets anyway, all they do is moan and yell at us and call us incompetant ass monkeys" and that FC Marketing "Guru's" (hahahahahahahahaha) are aiming for a younger fresher demographic than most of us(I make this assumption based on the fact that they are clearly burning thier bridges with all of us) is decidedly short sighted and more than a little arrogant.

Said younger demographic are far more computer savvy then we where back in the day and far more likely to actualy research a game (and therefore the publishers history), before purchasing and then sticking with any new product.

Now, what do you think those youngsters are going to find when they start looking at FC's track record on any number of independant review sites?

It aint gonna be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Here is a marketing ploy that will work. Kitchen sink included.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...oon!?#comments

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    Complaining ANYWHERE leads to exactly nothing, what the past 10 years have actualy shown is that "FC does what FC wants."
    When I see these type of posts I wonder why do you still play AO or even read forums if you are so unhappy? Kinda reminds me of a friend who complains about a cheating spouse but won't get a divorce hahaha. (Or maybe those guys work for Blizzard and are just bombing on the competition?)

I'm not suggesting you to stop playing, but if you do can i have your stuff?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Something odd that occured to me while reading other forums posts... What kind of standard is being used for new engine? Is it backwards compatible or will some players systems not be able to handle it? Keep in mind the logon settings for server time outs etc has info on your graphics cards and info is sent to FC when you disconnect etc so they know already what most players are using.

The reason I bring this up is not as an excuse but what if the engine would require the player base to all upgrade their systems to even log on?

I remember when I first started gaming online the standards were soundblaster audio and diamond stealth video. (Diablo/ warcraft anyone in the 90's) What kind of standards should players be upgraded to for this new engine? 10ghz 3d accelerators and 5.0 digital dolby audio? Just curious if my current systems will need upgrades for optimal performance.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    When I see these type of posts I wonder why do you still play AO or even read forums if you are so unhappy? Kinda reminds me of a friend who complains about a cheating spouse but won't get a divorce hahaha. (Or maybe those guys work for Blizzard and are just bombing on the competition?)

I'm not suggesting you to stop playing, but if you do can i have your stuff?
    I know I can like AO and dislike the actions of the developers at the same time, they're not mutually exclusive.

I wanna say something that might come hard to belive to some people, but most people that play AO dont use a Pentium II to run it so i wish people would stop repeating the same silly (to put it lightly) question.
    Will AO still run on my PC....welll dohh ofcourse it will run and if you not sure it runs and you got say a fx5200 video board or a ati radeon 7000 test age of conan lowest settings and answear that question yourself .
    If you still use fx5200 or radeon 7000 then i feel sorry for you and you should go play NFSU on lowest settings couse that works awsome.
    Is not FC folt it wont work full details on a pentium II with the conan engine.
    Last edited by Madgeneral; Mar 7th, 2012 at 21:34:23.

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast