Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old player trying out Fixer

Like said others, go for predator for feet / pant / gloves / circlet.
    For chest, get a shapeshifter, or a pred chest.
    Usually, pred sleeves are kinda expensive, so I d go with ofab sleeves (even non-upgraded one)
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Thanks everyone for all great feedback, it has all been noted and i really do <3 this class, just about to ding 80 now so going good

i had the same problem when leveling my fixer, im 118 atm, and even when i pvped, people had a hard time hitting me @ full def with my smg on, im not ecessively twinked, (100/75 ofab, SWS2(or 3?) the damage is great at that level (if you cant afford aSPB/SMG, use 2x Blinded blackbirds (or just one if you wanna skimp on MR ip) (there about 2-5m) and have the same effect

any evade armor will be great, but anything works that adds AC (at low level you want as much AC as you can get, not evades, as you cant go full def till later on/maxing Ranged init), more AC = less damage you take, this changes around a bit later on (prime example of this being, get a dude wearing a medsuit + shapeshifters vest (only one i could think of with low ac and evades) and hit a heckler, take about 300 damage, now load up on pred, have about 2k ac, take about 200 damage (mobs do have a min dmg cap (CaC + Ljotur trick on froob soldier in IS)

Good luck with your little project and /win for opi fixers!
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Another tip: ql 100 AAD implants. you get a solid bonus to AAD which seems to really make a difference. I understand that this means you will lose some points in SMG and other skills but the damage you lose is more than made up for by the huge increase in defense. My level 60 advy has 500 evade and about 200 AAD iirc. He managed to solo that Ran-Rothur guy in nasc. He uses CDRs.

So implant ranged init and evade clsc as much as possible(as well as other skills). A full set of pred is nice. Boots of the dancing king, shapeshifter's vest, and an Eye of daria are better in their respective slots. Put a 6 slot and viral compiler in so casting your nanos isnt slow (and so you dont have to fiddle with the aggdef bar so much). Fixers have those NCUs that give evades, you should be able to manage a few thanks to NCU buffs. Lastly, make sure you arent full aggro. My adv is half-way down (or up) the agg bar and could take on several nasc hecks at once (results may differ for fixer)
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Fixer is fun to play at lower and middle level for both pvm and pvp so I would advice you stop at lev 100, 150 or 200 and have some fun in level locked instances (Foremans, CoH, S10, Dark Ruin) and pvp on BS.

As for leveling to 220 I would not recomend it now (maybe after rebalance) as at the moment 220 fixers are not really needed/welcomed in any end game raid content (same as Adv or Ma)
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

You people are too serious. ATROX ONLY! DONT LEVEL TO 220! SCREW FIXER ALL TOGETHER!

I have a 203 opi fixer with a hawk mk5 and a blinded and am loving it. Soon upgrading to a KMP-5. Am I doing as much as a SPB is? probably not. Am I enjoying having fullauto and soon flingshot as well as dual weilding because I like the style more? hell yes.

There is one thing you need to remember, this is a game and you should play it how you feel like it. I would advise you to take this advice as less of a guide and more of tips to building your char the way you want to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12