Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trader's God Mode 1-160

Traders at 220? Even on an bow mp they are waaay down the list of prof's I dont want to meat on a bs.
    Still here

Quote Originally Posted by Cryfreman View Post
    Traders at 220? Even on an bow mp they are waaay up the list of prof's I want to eat on a bs.
    Fixed that.

Hi Cryfreman.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

So, are traders going to be fixed any time soon or what? Low lvl traders are most OP thing ever seen in any videogame.

1 class to rule 13 is not balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolerd View Post
    1 class to rule 13 is not balance.
    Exactly, else a balancing act wouldnt make much sense to implement... At least unnerf high level traders when you balance the lowbie ones. So we can be decent through, rather than op -> meh
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

I always get myself excited about a certain prof/lvl twink and then I just imagine what would happen when double drained and abandon it.

Bump.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    I always get myself excited about a certain prof/lvl twink and then I just imagine what would happen when double drained and abandon it.

Bump.
    this
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Bump.
    This.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Bump.
    That.
    I am Horrible

plently of counters to traders from tl3-tl5. in the end, you may nerf traders but they'll just be some new oped profession that'll wtfpwn all ur toons and u'll just whine about it. Better just be quiet and continue failing at NW
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Bump.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    plently of counters to traders from tl3-tl5. in the end, you may nerf traders but they'll just be some new oped profession that'll wtfpwn all ur toons and u'll just whine about it. Better just be quiet and continue failing at NW
    Except traders ruin all but enf/agent at lower levels. This is about making 11 more professions viable at varying levels. And if not viable at least enjoyable.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    Says who? If you adjust down the power of of a class that has too much accordingly then stuff should be more balanced. As it stands now traders aer obviously overpowered at lower level. After they are fixed then perhaps a few other classes should get bumped. Or perhaps agents and enfs should get slight nerfs.

But.. if you do it step by step and not go overboard you will end up with something that is more balanced in the end compared to what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolerd View Post
    Shutdown Skills

Instacast
    Defense skillsNano resist 50 %
    Range 25 m

Target Modify Critical chance -100
    Self Cast Shutdown Skills Transfer
    Self Cast Affected by Shutdown Skills
    Target Advantage Martial arts -2000
    Target Advantage 1h Blunt -2000
    Target Advantage 1h Edged -2000
    Target Advantage Melee energy -2000
    Target Advantage 2h Edged -2000
    Target Advantage Piercing -2000
    Target Advantage 2h Blunt -2000
    Target Advantage Sharp objects -2000
    Target Advantage Grenade -2000
    Target Advantage Heavy weapons -2000
    Target Advantage Bow -2000
    Target Advantage Pistol -2000
    Target Advantage Rifle -2000
    Target Advantage Smg -2000
    Target Advantage Shotgun -2000
    Target Advantage Assault rifle -2000
    Target Advantage Sensory improvement -2000
    Target Advantage Matter metamorphosis -2000
    Target Advantage Biological metamorphosis -2000
    Target Advantage Psychological modifications -2000
    Target Advantage Matter creation -2000
    Target Advantage Time and space -2000
    Target Advantage Ranged energy -2000

Divest Skills (Nanite Enhanced)

Attack time 3s
    Recharge time 4s
    Defense skillsNano resist 90 %
    Range 25 m

On Use Target Modify Martial arts -250
    Target Modify 1h Blunt -250
    Target Modify 1h Edged -250
    Target Modify Melee energy -250
    Target Modify 2h Edged -250
    Target Modify Piercing -250
    Target Modify 2h Blunt -250
    Target Modify Sharp objects -250
    Target Modify Grenade -250
    Target Modify Heavy weapons -250
    Target Modify Bow -250
    Target Modify Pistol -250
    Target Modify Rifle -250
    Target Modify Smg -250
    Target Modify Shotgun -250
    Target Modify Assault rifle -250
    Target Modify Sensory improvement -250
    Target Modify Matter metamorphosis -250
    Target Modify Biological metamorphosis -250
    Target Modify Psychological modifications -250
    Target Modify Matter creation -250
    Target Modify Time and space -250
    Target Modify Ranged energy -250
    Target Modify Offense modifier -150
    Self Cast Divest Skills (Nanite Enhanced) Transfer

Nano Shutdown
    Range 14 m
    Defense skillsNano resist 160 %
    Attack time 9.3s
    Recharge time 6s

i have to explain why u will never NSD one trader in PvP or its too obvious?
    TOR patch times...might as well post.

76 MP dominates trader, NSD lands and traders are destroyed. I would not even put a duel situation in favor of the trader. Traders are only several nukes or several 179 enmity hits from death without massive OSBs.

As for the comments saying wait until rebalance...well I am playing another MMO now. A hundred ways to balance traders and we have to wait half a decade or more to see them? My level 1 trader should not self cast 30ish drains in an unfinished setup and the issue only scales. I could even cast shutdown skills selfed at level 1 if I bothered twinking for it. Even a level 5 enforcer attempting to gank me using all his tools gets me to 50%, I drain him and go full def and he cannot hit me, AND I can completely heal up using the general heal spam.

Just do something swiftly for a change and nerf the toolset.
    Last edited by Gatester; May 18th, 2012 at 19:35:56.

As for lower levels - twink better, damn it. Seriously, my lvl 30 froob enforcer has few problems with Traders. Only when they frickin Backyard on me until my Flurry's out do I have a problem. At ALL levels, Traders are squishy as hell and significantly lower damage than most professions. Even at TL1, the DD professions destroy them - Kinetic Axe and a Katana at lvl 5 and boom. Instakilling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    As for lower levels - twink better, damn it. Seriously, my lvl 30 froob enforcer has few problems with Traders. Only when they frickin Backyard on me until my Flurry's out do I have a problem. At ALL levels, Traders are squishy as hell and significantly lower damage than most professions. Even at TL1, the DD professions destroy them - Kinetic Axe and a Katana at lvl 5 and boom. Instakilling them.
    You obviously have not looked at the level 1 in my signature or encountered many skillful low level traders. A 21 twinked trader can kill 49 twinked enforcers with appropriate use of aggdef, drains, and health draining. This is a fact from many witnessed encounters in the old battlestations and I am not referrencing noobs on either side.

The trader toolset is strongest when an opponent's toolset lacks burst because a trader builds his survival over the duration of an encounter. Regular damage is high at low levels but alpha damage at low levels is incredibly limited, and the trader's survival boosting toolset exists nearly in its entirety. This means few professions can actually kill a trader at low levels in most encounters.

I would attribute your lack of difficulty with traders at low levels to the lack of traders...or any profession...at all anymore.

I have alot of experience fighting fully OSB'd traders at lowbie towerwars, there's only a handful of godmodes out there, some with illegit tricks might I add, I have killed several of the good twinked ones simply cause they are squishy, most I have killed was on my 14 froob enf and a handful on my 22 froob enf, the problem is not only the huge drains that makes traders OP, its the CL buff to get that HUGE ncu advantage, THAT is what needs to be removed, things will change alot when the NCU is at same speeds, no more mochies
    But oh no, thats not in FC's idea of balance, no no no , now traders get 4 hour CL buffs, why not go take a piss when you're putting your 6 sloton at lvl 1-15, if they have any sense at all of starting a balance in tl1-5, start by removing the CL buffs, I hope there's at least 1 smart guy in the dev team that will figure this out after a decade of OP...

EDIT: Traders do NOT need the CL buffs at all I'd even suggest making 1 seperate skill to sell to vendors that can be boosted by items and whatnot, but that does not go on CL, so that stupid buff can be removed to take away the advantage + ANYONE at any breed or profession can get 2k CL at 220, alot even without maxing the skill, CL buffs other than expertise needs to be REMOVED, anyone with any common sense will agree with me, only ones that wont agree are well those that just seek out conflict or those that dont wanna lose their power
    Last edited by jefke; May 22nd, 2012 at 03:15:01.

Quote Originally Posted by jefke View Post
    I have alot of experience fighting fully OSB'd traders at lowbie towerwars, there's only a handful of godmodes out there, some with illegit tricks might I add, I have killed several of the good twinked ones simply cause they are squishy, most I have killed was on my 14 froob enf and a handful on my 22 froob enf, the problem is not only the huge drains that makes traders OP, its the CL buff to get that HUGE ncu advantage, THAT is what needs to be removed, things will change alot when the NCU is at same speeds, no more mochies
    But oh no, thats not in FC's idea of balance, no no no , now traders get 4 hour CL buffs, why not go take a piss when you're putting your 6 sloton at lvl 1-15, if they have any sense at all of starting a balance in tl1-5, start by removing the CL buffs, I hope there's at least 1 smart guy in the dev team that will figure this out after a decade of OP...

EDIT: Traders do NOT need the CL buffs at all I'd even suggest making 1 seperate skill to sell to vendors that can be boosted by items and whatnot, but that does not go on CL, so that stupid buff can be removed to take away the advantage + ANYONE at any breed or profession can get 2k CL at 220, alot even without maxing the skill, CL buffs other than expertise needs to be REMOVED, anyone with any common sense will agree with me, only ones that wont agree are well those that just seek out conflict or those that dont wanna lose their power
    The false dichotomy at the end made my toes curl
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by jefke View Post

The drains are still worse. A 21 trader should not beat a 49 enforcer self-buffed in a standing fight. Traders are even able to drain themselves now to reach top drain-casting levels, so until the devs actually allow traders to be hit or take damage from a full drained opponent, or at least allow players to avoid those drains in a reasonable manner, the trader toolset will be completely broken at lower levels.

Addressing some other comments: One class (enforcers) or one setup type (full NR perked with no casting) is not an excuse for a broken toolset. The argument "a raidforce can still kill xxx profession" would then nullify every complaint, which is ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    The drains are still worse. A 21 trader should not beat a 49 enforcer self-buffed in a standing fight. Traders are even able to drain themselves now to reach top drain-casting levels, so until the devs actually allow traders to be hit or take damage from a full drained opponent, or at least allow players to avoid those drains in a reasonable manner, the trader toolset will be completely broken at lower levels.

Addressing some other comments: One class (enforcers) or one setup type (full NR perked with no casting) is not an excuse for a broken toolset. The argument "a raidforce can still kill xxx profession" would then nullify every complaint, which is ignorant.
    I agree and disagree
    Drains ARE indeed worse but to take care of the overpowering effect traders have at low levels is to take away the CL buff, no ncu for mochams, no high drains etc
    CL buffs need to be removed and drains need to get a decent NR check or basically NR needs a fix

Ive always wondered why weapon dmg and nuke dmg was 1/2 or lowered for pvp but debuffs were not. Init debuffs, dmg debuffs, drains all "could" be lowered for pvp. Not sure if heals should be lowered for pvp also though.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast