Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Level Packs

Would be a good idea to as justin said match a criteria (i.e x toons with y levels or something like that) also i'm sure it will cost a bit to level so it should include a "pack" of nanos reflecting the level of the toon.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

NO to buying levels. Under ANY circumstances. NO. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    The second reason for considering this offering is that for a game like AO, unless specifically making a twink, I think we really want to encourage players to get to the end game (where the majority of new content is naturally focused). Due to AO's mechanics, it's pretty unreasonable to expect a character on his path to 220 to "compete" in content (either trying to find a group, or in PvP) with a veteran-crafted twink at that same level.
    The only way to learn is to play. It's already too easy to get to 220 without knowing a damn thing. I'm absolutely sick of dealing with TL7s who don't even know the basics of how to handle their characters. This will make it even worse.

Leveling needs to be slowed down, if anything.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Feb 9th, 2012 at 20:50:56.
    Because Race Yalm

Well I fee both ways for the suggested buying of levels.

I would love to build a twink or buffing toon and not need to grind levels.

I would love to level a toon and people to team with at all levels as well.

Either way I want people to team with that have geared their toon and know how to play. Lately if I want a Inf team I need to dual log my 220. If I do get a team they don't have a puller and refuse to do anything but 220 missions and sit there waiting for a 220 to offer charity and pull for them. But then it gets worse, they want the 220 tank the mission so they can easy mode it. Yes this happens right now on RK1. It is why if I dual log my 220 I just drag my leveling toon and not invite anyone. I am done with charity leveling of other peoples toons.

The best yet was a the soldier with the noob island AR and med suit at 201 wanting an inf team. When I asked how he was going to contribute (ie: bring another TL7) he got rude and then got kicked from the team.

So unless the bought level thing includes Research and AI levels maxed for the level you buy we will see med suit geared toons looking for Arid or Inf to raise AI and Research. In essence FC will just trade one problem for another.

So I would rather see XP earning adjusted so that leveling in a normalish way can be done on 10-20 kills per level from level 1 to 210. And 15 to 30 kills per level for level 211 to 219 and like 40-50 kills for level 220. That is less than 1000 kills from level 1 to 220. Now teaming should result in 10-12 kills per level from level 1 to 220. If you keep the speed constant people will not feel it is a grind. If it is not grind people will do it.

Anyway. If done right the level boost will work. If done wrong then shoot self in foot FC will have done.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    So unless the bought level thing includes Research and AI levels maxed for the level you buy we will see med suit geared toons looking for Arid or Inf to raise AI and Research. In essence FC will just trade one problem for another.
    I'll guarantee you'll see more of those either way.

If someone can't afford to gear themselves while leveling now, how are they going to afford it after skipping/accelerating leveling? Does not compute.
    The other half of the problem is people who have the funds but don't care. Not sure which is worse.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Feb 9th, 2012 at 21:58:35.
    Because Race Yalm

Would anyone really be happy if all, or even most of it was was targeted to the middle levels?
    Yes, Ofcourse we would (atleast some of us).

I'm sick and tired of the endless grinding with 220 toons. And I have many of those (not all in sig). The 150ish range used to be somewhat active because of s10 but's thats gone now. I would definitely LOVE to have more stuff to do with low/mid level toons (and people to do it with).

Well... maybe i'm the only one then... dunno.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

So my point is this. Let's say hypothetically, sometime down the road, we release a booster pack or an expansion -- some sort of cohesive content package. Let's say it contains X play-fields and Y dungeons. Would anyone really be happy if all, or even most of it was was targeted to the middle levels. No, of course not.
    What ever happened to adding a range of content? Along with the next TL7 pfs/raids/whatever, what about something for characters that aren't end game? Perhaps I'm a freak but I have a shed-load more non-TL7s than I do TL7s and it's nice to have new things to do on those shed loads of characters once in a while, as well as the usual must-farm-new-stuff on the TL7s.
    To jump to the other end of the point and say that people would complain if none of it was for TL7 is exaggerating what has been enquired about. I don't believe anyone has asked for end game to be ignored. If this upcoming new booster has a pf for TL7s and a pf for lower levels, there's your range of content; something for most anyone and the complaints wouldn't be about the fact some lower level content has been added.

I'll use the release of the last booster as an example. LoX was TL7 content only. Even if you count being able to make lower-TL usable NCUs, it takes TL7s to farm the parts. I used to get newer and returning players, and those without high level characters asking if they ought to buy LoX. The general consensus was 'not until you have a character at TL7 you want to play because it'll be a waste of your money until then - there is nothing in it for you yet'.

Having lots of characters at a range of levels, both twinks and levelling characters, is something that works well in AO and is one of it's more unique selling points.
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Yes, Ofcourse we would (atleast some of us).

I'm sick and tired of the endless grinding with 220 toons. And I have many of those (not all in sig). The 150ish range used to be somewhat active because of s10 but's thats gone now. I would definitely LOVE to have more stuff to do with low/mid level toons (and people to do it with).

Well... maybe i'm the only one then... dunno.
    You're not alone with wanting that kind of content. The main reason I played for the past two years was to make my two s10 twinks.
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    It has been a very long time since I've played Guild Wars.. but when I played, I thought that the pre-leveled chars could only be used for pvp and had their own pvp gear and such.. seperate from toons leveled the 'normal' way. Have they adjusted that over the years?
    They did not, and i have been asking a long time for a system like this in AO. Hence the requirement of an in game char of the appropriate level to be able to boost a char capable of pvm to the same level.

I would LOVE to try an MP, or NT. The thing that is keeping me off it are the first 150 levels tho. I do not have the time or patience to grind through all this again.
    Last edited by Shareida; Feb 11th, 2012 at 01:22:35.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    People are seriously overexagerrating, it's not like EVERYBODY will suddenly start buying this,
    Um... yes. A vast majority of the people will if the route is easy. I can tell you with no uncertainty that any way to go from 1 to 220 without being subject to the grind is a dream of many, and once access is granted, there will be no lowbie content ever explored again.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Would anyone really be happy if all, or even most of it was was targeted to the middle levels. No, of course not.
    Yes. As someone who has played AO for ~6 years and has never gotten to 220, this is exactly what I want, and it saddens me to hear the new game director say something like that.

I don't have time to play hundreds of inf missions. I want content spread over the entire game, not focused on 220.

220 is where the game should end, or at least taper off. Not begin.

YES!
    To all of those opposed to this I completely understand why you have this idea but just do me a favor and imagine this.

HUNDREDS of people in the 199ish range Inf would run nonstop, Bs might even run. Old players who have grinded to 220 the oldfashion way might come back and give it another go. The ammount of people at the endgame range would be alot higher than now I think.

Now would I personaly use this? Most likly no because its not very hard for me to get from 1-199 but imagine the causal player having the capability. Its not like lvling from 1-160 is not broken as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by fixyourself View Post
    Its not like lvling from 1-160 is not broken as it is.

If leveling from 1 to 160 (or to 199 or to 220) is broken, they should FIX THE ISSUES IN LEVELING, instead of making it possible to completely bypass the process.

Don't treat the symptom, treat the sickness that causes the symptoms!
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

I'm so completely heartbroken by the producer's view of the game and where it should go that I can't even compile a wall of text to express my disgust.

I'll just say.. I agree with what most of the people, against the level pack idea and the concept of ignoring/skipping mid-game, have already said.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I'm conflicted.. I want the level boost for me, but not necessarily for everyone else
    Hlep gnak!

Well, I am definately agains this. But only under one cuircumstance I would agree for that:

If player has already 220 char and IF is rolling same profession: i.e. I have 220 adv, and I can buy lvls for 199 Adv ONLY. But still I have mised feelings about this. Game will better wothiut such "feature"...
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

i quit the day levels would get sold

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i quit the day levels would get sold
    I thought you were already gonna quit for some other 20 reasons?
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

I have to ask, what is the difference between buying levels and getting a NT to kite those levels for you? I highly doubt they will let you level up to 220 through bought levels.

The only thing these bought levels will do is take a bite out of the NT kiting market which they are already trying to do with grey mobs and pockets as it is.

Personally I back the idea and would LOVE to play some other profs in later levels. My MA hit 145ish and I am getting to the point of boredom with leveling. Ely hecks give crap xp, don't get me started about finding a team for ado hecks or anything for that matter. I am debating what to do from continue the grind, to start a new char.

Quote Originally Posted by viperuws View Post
    ...Personally I back the idea and would LOVE to play some other profs in later levels. My MA hit 145ish and I am getting to the point of boredom with leveling. Ely hecks give crap xp, don't get me started about finding a team for ado hecks or anything for that matter....
    Valid points.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I'll just say.. I agree with what most of the people, against the level pack idea and the concept of ignoring/skipping mid-game, have already said.
    As viper pointed out above, mid-game contents = hecks.

-----
    I suppose you could worry about there being more tl7 noobs in the game, but honestly, just dont invite those people. By the time you hit 220 with your first profession, assuming you didnt go
    NT->dragged through inf, you will understand how to basically play any profession. Its easy to not be a noob, its hard to be a pro. Not all of our TL7s have to be -and they arent- pros. With this in mind, requiring that you have a 220 before buying a 220 makes perfect sense.

To some people, myself included, it just doesn't "feel right". Perhaps we fear there will be less immersion, or that we arent playing, but rather paying.

The main reason in my mind is that the devs might become to comfortable with the itemstore, and use level packs as an excuse. Making money in AO could be shifted in making players REALLY want to pay money for a few levels. Level 125-150 is really bad. The grind starts much before that but you really feel little progress after 125. Will FC think, "Oh lets just leave that the same, that way we can get more people to buy our level packs" or will they think "We really need to fix the problems in this level range, in spite of losing a bit of income"? I bet they will eventually lean towards the first. Not that I don't trust FC or that I think the dev team is bad in any way, it just might be best to avoid that temptation.

So basically the problem is that the grind at several intervals is very boring. To make it less boring, you make the grind shorter, or you make the grind more enjoyable. The players have taken action and are accustomed to AFKing in kite teams. We want to reduce the amount of AFK leveling. Level Packs ARE a solution. You don't wanna afk? pay for your levels. The problem is that introducing level packs as the solution is basically the devs saying "We wont fix those horrible grinds". So, change how we level up, then we can talk about level packs.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

As a vet i guess i would like this from a purely personal gain view. But tbh, this will kill the game imo. If you don't see that, you obviously don't even check lft nowadays. Leveling sure suck, but monetizing is just pure exploitation. Rather make leveling faster and less monotonous. I think it's time to seriously boost xp on all mobs in this game and give them special abiltiies.

And no dailies are not enough imo
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast