Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14.6 - comments, whines and hurrahs

Originally posted by Fion
    Don't ASSUME that fixers are the hardest class to kill in the game, because when you ASSUME you make an ASS out of U and ME.
    -- So sayith the wise Benny Hill.
    Why are fixers the hardest class to kill in the game?

Ummm....hello.....evac?????
    .: Naraya :.

Angry Hello, Funcom and Everyone: Engies are a profession in the game.

I want to keep this short but make a few simple points. First of all what is this love affair with fixers? When will it end? How can Funcom put so much love into one profession and totally forget others (ENGINEERS, hint, hint, nudge, nudge). Anyway I'm not saying engies are the only ones that are seriously at a disadvantage in the game there are others. Soldiers, NT's, etc. I just wish Funcom would make all classes equal to eachother with every class being just as capable of pvp or solo as another, just in its own way thats all. Its not fun to have one profession so much better than another (Fixer vs Engie) for example. Both professions lose out in the long run because engies dont wanna pvp a fixer nor do many other professions as they r sure they will lose. Not to mention a fixer can just grid out if he/she feels they r getting stomped. Also I have noticed 6 or 7 professions that have at least got some love given to them. Funcom, when are u going to help us others out? We need the same attention in order to bring this game up to the level it should be. Success in this game should come from the player using his/her own genius, resourcefullness and experience. Not making one profession so much more capable of another that it makes the playingfield a disadvantage for some simply because they chose a profession they thought they would enjoy and as a result that profession happened to be just totally nerfed. I chose engineer because even as nerfed as they are I still hope and dream that they will one day be equals in this game as I see so much prospect in them. However it is up to you Funcom to make sure this happens. About the Yalms, they look cool but mine works just fine, I'm more worried about the real issues I mentioned above. I'm not paying an excessive amount of IP and credits just to have a different looking Yalm. Oh by the way my next character will probabbly be a fixer as it looks like they are unmatchable anyway.

Originally posted by Halestorm
    Weve been promised a "secret item" to boost our nano skills and give us acess to new nanos powerful enough so that we dont have to use weapons
    Maybe there is one

Just a couple things I wanted to post in this thread.

I recall reading that NT's were getting improvements between 14.6 and 14.8 so I wouldn't get to worries until after 14.8.

On Test I saw a ql 35 Yalm that required 68 Vehicle Air. WHen I last checked my Yalm, that was less requirement than on live right now.

AS has been said before, this is the first patching of 14.6 to test. there will be more, and the database is NOT to be trusted on all items. The only way to no for sure is to see what hits live
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

Re: 14.6 - comments, whines and hurrahs

Originally posted by Twicer
    Enforcers:
    I see a lot of nice nanos here as well, but the same problem really. Adding 120 to one skill and 3 to another is.. heh, not very well planned, I think. Some enforcers would like Multimelee as well. Personally I think Adv's are more multiwielding than enforcers, though. I dont really see that one happening. Tons of new Enforcer-weapons there as well - that was a nice inclusion, I think those will be popular really. The same problem appears here as well for nanoskills - you guys really need to check how much an Enforcer can do by himself - your numbers are really up the walls with these.
    (Edited for vely pool engrish)
    All the new weapons have reasonable multimelee req's and alot of the old ones is now being made obsolete if they dont update them to do better damage. So mm isnt really needed.

The 100ish skill buffs looks like what they wanted us to use atm.
    700ish skill req's all enforcers can get that.

Those others are for Shadowland. And IF we want to and IF those buffs drop we can get buffed to use.. hardly needed as at lvl195 i guess we can selfequip most weapons

Originally posted by Rayfield...

we as NTs got 4 impossible to get nanos (from 2 mobs 1 requiring 20 or so ql160+ to kill,
    Not true, not saying it's easy but a focussed team of 6 can kill it provided you have the right professions in it. Did that a few times with 6-10 people. I'm not taking the credit for coming up w the strategy on how to do it though

lol

lol, ok =) As I said earlier, twice(r) now...

The database is naturally a concern, since if we dont point out the errors or wrongs or imbalances, or whatever you would like to call them, they might hit live =) And thats why I posted about it.

I still havent heard a single good reason why Fixers in particular should get the snare-debuff, for instance.

About the nano-requirements:
    I understand that a new skills-system will be coming along, which will allow people to use them according to some here on the board. And Funcom has verified this.

This however, would raise my su****ions about the MP's nanobuffs, the "mocham-line" if you like. If the new system allows for enforcers and soldiers to have up to 966 nanoskills, I would surely like to know where mochams enters into the picture. Maybe with the new system +140 wont be "as much" and in return that will make a lot of metas (including me) nag about that. Imagine what would happen if traders got their wrangles cut into half for instance? I doubt very much it would be popular =)

Brutalthug - heyas man =) About the new weapons and dualwield - yes I quite agree. The new weapons are really nice, and they dont require a billion in MM to hold. But I have heard from some enforcers that does want a MM buff, however I happen to think they are wrong in wanting one, that was my point =)

About the yalmaha on test - thats great to hear =) Really is - the reason I dont play on test is a simple one - I dont have the energy to level a character from scratch up to level 150+ again just to beta-test stuff. Not without a proper salary anyhow =) I like the game, but thats not going to happen =)

And STOP ranting about fixers - I had one concern: the anti-snare, and you guys are blowing it out of proportion.

As for my views on NT's, I will keep this civil, although I really got hurt looking at the buff, heh. I'm happy for you though, but Funcom has said that you will become the highest damage-dealers in the game - for that you should have to get ready to stick your necks out a bit.. You cant be the masters of damage AND the masters of buffs. Thats my honest opinion about things. If funcom wants to give you that 150 nanoprogramming buff, I dont mind that much really, but I seem to recall even Funcom saying metas would still have the best one - oh blah =) Doesnt matter, we'll see =)

(edit: What NT's need isnt buffs, but a tighter nanoline for nukes, and not having all the stuff "rare")

The reasons I posted was to get some eyes open on the database and make the right people look at it. I'm probably mailing in the thing to FC as well, with the addition of about 20+ spelling errors I found in the database. That alone should prove to everyone that the DB is hopefully just a quick one put together to test some of the things on the test-server.
    Last edited by Twicer; Oct 17th, 2002 at 10:50:39.
    Anarchy Arcanum
    Krystanova: MMORPGs as a genre need to get off their ass and start being as good as they are addictive.

Live
    Twicer (Meta) | Oggyman (Enforcer) | Shaur (Soldier)

Everyone needs to calm down...

Each patch can only do so much. And people will be left out, it's unavoidable.

I'm sorry you are unhappy, but NTs will get a boost eventually as will everyone else that hasn't as of yet...or I hope so...

It's been the trend that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"...which is kinda lame. I feel sorry for Agents getting alot of things "stolen" from them. I'm sorry Engies and Crats got the "crap-stick". I'm sad it's taken this long for Funcom to realize Enforcers might be a bit happier with buffs they'd use as would everyone else.

Yeah...maybe the fixes aren't perfect...but if we'd all stop complaining and be rational...give positive input...maybe...just maybe things would slowly get better.

I'm just going to sit back and have a drink while you all fight about this...ouch...hope that heals...
    Sex. We all want it, so don't deny it.

isi "Rharia" Lust

Engineers!

Engineers?

Do you provide free prozac pills for those who chose this profession from the very beginning? I think the nano programming buff nts are complaining about would have at least helped us get out of a 15 month long depression due to a "not good for anything" feeling...not only do we feel left apart, needing to beg for hours to join groups, after begging for hours for buffs to get ready for groups but at each patch we see the upgrades train passing to another station while we stand on the side. Even tho all players admit engineers is the hardest and most frustrating choice in Anarchy, it looks like it doesnt come to Funcom s understanding. Public protests ongame where just useless. You want to find out which profession is most unbalanced? Just check how many ql 200 players you can count in each profession and upgrade the one where the number you find is the lowest. Easy isnt it? Well looks like still way too complicated for some =)

I know why Fixers get the root/snare debuffs. Its because Fixers are the masters of escape and running away. The debuffs fit perfiectly into Funcoms discription allowing them to escape . Do Fixers need it? Not realy no. I dont think ive ever heard them even ask for somthing like that.

Originally posted by laslo
    I know why Fixers get the root/snare debuffs. Its because Fixers are the masters of escape and running away. The debuffs fit perfiectly into Funcoms discription allowing them to escape . Do Fixers need it? Not realy no. I dont think ive ever heard them even ask for somthing like that.
    Yes, they are the Masters of escape and running away... and thats why FC decided to improve the Manex Catastrophe December so every fixer can take his opponent much faster down.............

Please FC can you tell me why this Fixer-style gun gets so much basedamage, while on the other side the soldier-style Advanced MTI Martins Simple AR01 (not even a Burst special on it) has been taken out of the game????

FC do you really overthink the stuff you throw in this game?
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Re: lol

(edit: What NT's need isnt buffs, but a tighter nanoline for nukes, and not having all the stuff "rare")

NT need alot more then some more nukes. We need buffs, read the NT forums and you will find out some of our thoughts. There is nothing wrong in having some stuff rare, like Nullity. It makes the game more interesting. What we dont need is a yber rare cyberdeck or something.
    Winterizer lvl 213 Solitus Keeper
    Alien level 14
    Date of registration 2001-06-28
    Played in beta 4
    Unit leader of Ragnarok

hehe

hehe
    Yupyup - I agree with ya, Dragonsphere (hehe - woot - guildtalk here) - NT's need more than nukes, but I think a tight nanoline would be a place to start =) right now the damage is like this:

2000-4000
    and it almost always hits for low damage.

3000-3400
    Tighter version - personally I think thats a lot better
    Anarchy Arcanum
    Krystanova: MMORPGs as a genre need to get off their ass and start being as good as they are addictive.

Live
    Twicer (Meta) | Oggyman (Enforcer) | Shaur (Soldier)

Re: 14.6 - comments, whines and hurrahs

Soldiers:
    Very nice nanos there, however I fail to see the reasoning behind the nanos that gives a soldier 120 to AR and 3 to fling. 3 points is a slap in the face for many - I hope you understand that. Look at the fixer nanos - 130 SMG and 80 Burst. (Those numbers arent correct, btw, so dont flame me about that - but its something like that at least). Also - I would VERY much like to know how you expect any - ANY soldier to be able to cast the high ones there without the help of a meta as well as a trader.. (because mochams alone wont cut it)

Slight correction. the new nano is +70 AR with reqs of 838 pm/si. This does NOT stack with the +60 one we already have with 236 pm/si reqs
    Mick "Nugget" McMullet - Level 220 - AL 16

Webmaster of AO Soldiers

"There are other things in my life I need to take care of (I can mention food, sleep, latex... uhm, no, wait!)" - Cz woot!

Arrow

The basic Yalms are now back to normal with the 14.6.0.2 patch, so ql30 starts with VA at ~83.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Everyone Bi@#@es about fixers in pvp and how ga fixers are gods.

Well, let me tell you. Almost any decent crat,trader,nt,mp can totally destroy one. This will apply even more after the crit nerf. How many classes can kill an enforcer of equal level?

When it comes to pvm I think the fixer may be a little overpowered in grid armor. But it will do no one any good to get grid armor nerfed. It will just make a bunch of people mad and many of them mad enough to leave the game. Fixers are uber IF you can get grid armor. If you want to be uber like them then start one. If you want to kill them start an nt or a trader. Personally I'm just glad SOMEONE can beat a damn enforcer in high level pvp besides a doc.

Why have such high requirements for the new yalms?

/boggle
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Originally posted by Fion
    Don't ASSUME that fixers are the hardest class to kill in the game, because when you ASSUME you make an ASS out of U and ME.
    -- So sayith the wise Benny Hill.

Any way, the fixers who are hardest to kill are the Phixxers who have FUBARed the rest of the class by driving GA prices into unreachable hights for any real fixer who's fixer is there main.

But at any rate, only GA fixers are the hardest to kill. Trust me my fixer may have more hp and more AC then any GA fixer 20lvls over me, but in a good team mission, if I get agro'd by more then one opponant, I am damn well very killable.
    No one cares about non GA fixers.

In every proffession there should be an average majority, a few good and an even fewer uber (and a few crap) - this provides Variation, and also interest in searching... e.g:

NT's Without ns1 or ns2 = Crap -> Average
    NT's With ns1 = Average -> Good
    NT's With Ns2 = Good -> Stunning

(There are still problems with NT's)

Fixer's Without GA2+ = Crap -> Average
    Fixers With GA2+ = Average -> Stunning

I think MP's should get some rare but UBER pets,

Same with Engies, and maybe Crats.. but perhaps better AOE Crowd control.. like curse of chronos aoe.. (dont flame me - just a random suggestion)

Variation is what makes a game intersting.. there should be choices. LIke loads of armour - with differences.. but are all equall in their own way for every prof.... neway - most ppl seem to be wearing Tank Armour these days, so we neeeeed variation.
    Susanooh Nano-Technician
    Level 170
    Shadow Level 0
    Alien Level 2
    (Proud owner of Nullity Sphere Mk I, Mk II, Luxuary Jobe Apt. & Pet Leets) (Atlantean)
    Info
    Equip. & Imp. Layout
    Perks
    History

/born Friday November 2nd 2001

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12