Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A little presentation before the newsletter

What.?
    Last edited by Shareida; Jan 29th, 2012 at 14:10:41.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

About the daily, a-pods still seems to be working exactly the same as before, assuming the patchnotes are correct there was supposed to be some change to make them easier or something for ppl without roots/snares?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Cool Love the dailies!

I for one am very happy with the solo dailies you all made. Thank you thank you!

I look forward to your newsletters!
    Guapo - Advisor in Unity of The Rose

Hi, Lindelu. Tbh, idk if orienting the game dev to more teamplay worth it atm - as population is lower than never before (especially since september 2011).

Beside that, promoting w/ newsletters is a good step in the general direction of doing engine+rebalance+noobisland & advertise as much possible to bring old/new people in.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Funcom employee

Sorry to derail, but as a reply to:

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    About the daily, a-pods still seems to be working exactly the same as before, assuming the patchnotes are correct there was supposed to be some change to make them easier or something for ppl without roots/snares?
    For that in particular, a few changes were made:

* Pod Spawns had their runspeed reduced
    * Pod Spawns have less HP
    * It's no longer possible for 3 Pod Spawns to spawn simultaneously from a single Pod
    * The attack damage ranges have been scaled down
    * Removed a number of nanoline resistances

Next patch, the Alien Pods should have further lowered attack damage and runspeed. Beyond that, you may have to kite a bit

If you have any further questions/comments, please feel free to PM.

On topic: Great post, Lindelu! I can't wait for the monthly Letter from the Game Director!
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Looking forward to the first newsletter
    /Kehaan - lvl 220 Crat - Atrox/
    /Kehaax - lvl 150 Fixer - Atrox/
    /Kehtra - lvl 210 Trader - Atrox/
    /Kehelectric - lvl 165 NT - Atrox/
    /Kehxao - lvl 150 Doctor - Solitus!?/
    A proud advisor of Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    The fact that people spend several hours doing dailies on their multiple leveling toons does not indicate a problem with the dailies, I assure you. The problem is more fundamental than that. Any effort to make dailies easier for 'people leveling up a lot of characters at the same time' will be a clear signal that the devs don't expect the population to ever rise again.

Please choose carefully which problem you will fix.

Best,
    Gora
    What? Making dailies somehow be team-sharable or team-capable is a sign that you don't expect there to be more people? How does that make sense?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Nice to get to know you better, looking forward to the monthly letter
    220/30/70 Martial Artist
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    A Rubi-Ka Story - youtube
    TRB Presentation Video divx | wegame

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    What? Making dailies somehow be team-sharable or team-capable is a sign that you don't expect there to be more people? How does that make sense?
    I was responding to lindelu's comment about people spending all of their online time doing dailies, specifically,
    I realize now that it makes it difficult for you to have time for anything else but daily missions
    It's pretty clear that she's not talking about people dual, triple, quad-logging but rather people logging one toon after another and doing dailies.

If she were talking about people multi-logging and running their toons through a team daily then there would have been no need for concern about how much time is spent on dailies, because it would get done faster.

She eludes to the notion that making dailies faster would be a better use of time than fixing the underlying problem of a low population, specifically,
    and this is something I that consider to be a drawback of this system.
    (drawback, meaning flaw, meaning something to be fixed)

She clearly wasn't talking about team dailies, nor was I in my response. Why are you?
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    I was responding to lindelu's comment about people spending all of their online time doing dailies, specifically,

It's pretty clear that she's not talking about people dual, triple, quad-logging but rather people logging one toon after another and doing dailies.

If she were talking about people multi-logging and running their toons through a team daily then there would have been no need for concern about how much time is spent on dailies, because it would get done faster.

She eludes to the notion that making dailies faster would be a better use of time than fixing the underlying problem of a low population, specifically,

(drawback, meaning flaw, meaning something to be fixed)

She clearly wasn't talking about team dailies, nor was I in my response. Why are you?
    Because it's obviously a major part of the issue at hand. Indeed, it would allow people to multilog their in-lvl-ranged alts and team with them, as well as team up with other players and everone would have everything proceed much faster.

And because the nature of daily missions is random, you can't dual- or quadlog your characters as it is not at all certain that they must go to the same place. If the issue with AO is that people lvl 50 characters a day by doing one 10-15 minute daily mission each, then sure, it becomes a rather taxing effort.
    But then, how is it an actual problem if people are spending all their time lvling a lot of characters through daily missions anyway? Prior to daily missions, they can't have been able to do this at anywhere near the same level of efficiency, except by sitting at kite hill or wherever. So is it a problem? Only if it's made one ... because it's not what I would consider a flaw in the system as much as it is an unexpected side-effect of making leveling so easy. But if all people do is run daily missions all day long, not really a scenario I ever see, then that ties up the population there, instead of out doing team-content. Fix the daily mission system up towards being capable of playing the role of team content and you take down two birds with a single stone.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Lindelu: It sounds like you've had your fair share of ups and downs with AO.

The best managers will always give opportunity, while retaining responsibility, while poor managers give responsibility, but not opportunity.

It sounds like Means was the former. That is great, because it probably meant he was allowing the team to progress in ability but, as you say, shield you from the fire.

GJ MEANS!

Keep on with his style to build a great team of competant people around you!

Can you fix parry please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunarsolace
    This idea kills 2 forum trolls with one hamster.

I've got a question regarding AO's staff personall now with the whole GD change.

Is the same team gonna be still working on ao, or are some/all switched out due to new GD?

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Never managed to get in team as a MP in those LoX areas. Anything changed to good for us MPs, since my last MIA status acknowledgment?
    Nop. Go away some more.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Solstiare View Post
    Nop. Go away some more.

Let me know when you turn 18.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    I've got a question regarding AO's staff personall now with the whole GD change.

Is the same team gonna be still working on ao, or are some/all switched out due to new GD?
    We are still here.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    We are still here.
    I was never here.

So was the spoon ..
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Lindelu- You mentioned the snare tower mechanic in your OP. The snare towers were completely removed from Sector 10.. are you going to remove them from Arid Rift as well? If yes, when. If not, why not?

Gisele/Mich or any other staff that's able to answer.. feel free to do so

And Mich.. when are you coming out with something else? Your encounters thus far have been closest to my personal idea of fun/entertainment in the game.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Lindelu- You mentioned the snare tower mechanic in your OP. The snare towers were completely removed from Sector 10.. are you going to remove them from Arid Rift as well? If yes, when. If not, why not?

i beg please please please!!!! its basically being punished for being melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama View Post
    i beg please please please!!!! its basically being punished for being melee.
    Sad thing towers are the least worry being melee, how about bosses you have to sit away or plain lag in pvp? I felt sad for the team's shade last time we were on DB3 floor 2.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast