Thread: Items with funny text

Items with funny text

There are items in AO that, if clicked generate text over player character. For example Library of Foul Language writes "Look at me!". So, there could be a new category in item shop for items with some texts. This items can be done very fast, doesn't impact power of player. I think, they can have demand in game.

For example I would like texts from Duke Nukem (Would they by in line with copyright law?). And please don't ruin this with price like 10$ per item. I see price somewhere under 0.1$.
    Dragocz RK1

There need to be lock on these, but why not? One tedious way is to make them adjustable so you buy one and then use screw-driver (Kintaii's favorite tool?) to rotate the text.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Funcom employee

i do loves me some screwdrivers
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    There need to be lock on these, but why not? One tedious way is to make them adjustable so you buy one and then use screw-driver (Kintaii's favorite tool?) to rotate the text.
    So I can have my text at a 45 degree angle to make everyone tilt their head to read it?
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Or the text rotates so that it can only be read along the Imaginary Numbers axis by performing an operation using the square root of minus one? No, wait, you're not talking about engineering so this doesn't involve "j", does it?
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cogline View Post
    Or the text rotates so that it can only be read along the Imaginary Numbers axis by performing an operation using the square root of minus one? No, wait, you're not talking about engineering so this doesn't involve "j", does it?
    Imaginary Numbers ? like ... Eleventeen ? or Thirtytwelve ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Imaginary Numbers ? like ... Eleventeen ? or Thirtytwelve ?
    An imaginary number is a real number multiplied by the imaginary unit i, which is defined by its property i2 = −1.[1] The square of an imaginary number is less than or equal to zero. For example, 5i is an imaginary number and its square is −25. According to some definitions, zero (0i) is not regarded as an imaginary number, but as a pure real.

...snip...
    en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_number
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

That's a complex number, sure of it. A complex number has a real component and an imaginary one i.e. 5j, where j (or "i" as it's sometimes known by mathematicians) is the imaginary number defined as the square root of minus one. It's all the fault of that Tesla and his AC circuits.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

I happen to like Gridpain's definition of imaginary numbers more, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    I happen to like Gridpain's definition of imaginary numbers more, to be honest.
    I would have loved to have that much wit, but it's from there
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

on the screwdriver theme, could have a Kintaii device that says 'You're Screwed!' over your head.

Something's a bit screwy with this thread.
    Ra, ra, ra the bot,
    gently down the lag.
    Happily killing clammers,
    rezzing's such a drag.

Hongkong Phooy 220/27/70
    Codexier 60/6/14
    Whosgotammo 150/13/38