Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FC's new offer

FC's new offer

This special pack contains tons of awesome items and boosts to help your newest character break through any obstacle! Pack contains the following:

2x "Victory Points Package: 10,000"
    2x "Token Package: 500"
    1x "IP Reset Package: Five Points"
    1x "Yalmaha XL"
    1x "Obsidian Personal Mechanized Vehicle"

And all account-wide! What does that mean? Purchase this bundle for one account and all characters on that account, old or new, can claim these services!
    {Edited by Anarrina: Summary of post: "I object to this content"}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 27th, 2012 at 00:21:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    When you put tradeable items in the items store that provide power/great benefit to players (i.e. Victory Points and Token Packages) did you foresee that players would start to use these items as a way of "buying credits" (using real life money to purchase from the item store and then selling them in-game for credits)? If so, why put these types of items in game as they are? If not, any plans to fix such things?

We absolutely saw that this would happen...and if we are all completely honest we know it was happening already. People were purchasing credits from third party companies..at significant risk I might add...and using these purchased credits to buy the tokens and VP items they wanted. I also see this as a way for people who will NOT give us real-life money to obtain these items. Either way nothing for sale in the store offers up advantage to end-game characters that is not available through normal gameplay mechanics.
    Another one of my questions that Means responded to in his answers thread. Not sure of Lindelu's stance.. but his is pretty clear. Funcom is fully aware that this is happening, expected it to happen and is ok with it.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Another one of my questions that Means responded to in his answers thread. Not sure of Lindelu's stance.. but his is pretty clear. Funcom is fully aware that this is happening, expected it to happen and is ok with it.
    Guess I can safely assume they're yesdrop then. :| I'll wait a bit to see it confirmed
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 27th, 2012 at 00:25:45. Reason: removed account status violations

Edit: Looked at xypos and the VP pack and Token Pack both appear to be Nodrop. It prevents ridiculous abuse of the Tokens but not the VP. The truth of the matter, regarding the VP, is that it doesn't matter if its nodrop or not because someone can basically offer a VP sales service.. roll the appropriate profession based on the buyer and buy whatever ofab items the person wants and trade it to them. I don't think there's a lot they can do in that regard now that Ofab is yesdrop and nanos, I believe, have always been tradeable.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 27th, 2012 at 00:25:57.
    You can find me at:

I'm fairly certain that you get a maximum amount of each item, since 2x and 1x are defined. My guess is that the account wide part is a marketing thing, since you can infact claim it on any character on the account ^^ Otherwise they would most likely just have put Token Pack: 1000 instead of 2x 500.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Well Rurounin, interesting theory.. maybe someone from Funcom can comment.

The way the packs used to work is that you could claim all of the listed items on each of your current toons and if you rolled a new toon, then they could claim all of the items as well. It is possible that they've changed something.. and now you only get 2 total across all toons on an account, but that would not make it a very sweet deal.
    You can find me at:

Funcom employee

You get 2x per character when claiming the items - This can be claimed on any character on an account, so no difference from other account-wide options.

Previously, yes, the items offered in the Break Through Bundle were not flagged as being no-drop, which is a fairly large part of why we removed the offer until now. As it stands currently, all items included with the Break Through Bundle are flagged as no-drop, preventing the scenario outlined in the first post. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    You get 2x per character when claiming the items - This can be claimed on any character on an account, so no difference from other account-wide options.

Previously, yes, the items offered in the Break Through Bundle were not flagged as being no-drop, which is a fairly large part of why we removed the offer until now. As it stands currently, all items included with the Break Through Bundle are flagged as no-drop, preventing the scenario outlined in the first post. =)
    This doesn't change the fact that you, in every sense of the word, have unlimited VP to sell. It's still buying creds for money. You can try to work around it in every way but in the end, you're selling powe, for real life money.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 27th, 2012 at 00:26:27. Reason: account status violations

another FC masterpiece!
    yeah :/
    meep

Quote Originally Posted by Arguru View Post
    This doesn't change the fact that you, in every sense of the word, have unlimited VP to sell. It's still buying creds for money. You can try to work around it in every way but in the end, you're selling powe, for real life money.

Unfortunately, this has been the 'last straw' that has made me cancel my account. My stuff has been given away, characters deleted, account baibai. This was completely selfish and I don't expect anyone to lose any sleep over it I know, but it's something to consider when moving forward with this store.
    All of this.

Since the 'Packages' were added to the shop, everyday I see people selling them for 450-500m each on shopping channels and on RK2 Neutnet. These creds usually then goto buying a full set of 300 AI Armour.

If this is not 'Buying Power' I'm not quite sure what is. Good job on executing the remaining BS population too with unlimited VP.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 27th, 2012 at 00:26:49. Reason: removed account status violations
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

nvm.
    Last edited by Shareida; Jan 26th, 2012 at 22:44:30.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Funcom employee

The Break Through Bundle can only be claimed x-amount of times per month per account (currently I believe it's 10 total, can't recall off the top of my head) - The ability for a player to purchase VP-related items and sell them to in-game shops to generate credits is limited and, in this case, viewed by us as extremely trivial (unless you just really, really, *really* need to save up to buy that XL Backpack in-game, there are much better ways of getting 15k credits a month :P).

vvvvvvvvv Yes, standard Victory Point packages purchased in the shop (IE: not the ones included in this bundle pack) may be traded or sold to other players. We've never denied this in any fashion, and have stated as much on several other occasions - One such quote from Means was reposted earlier in the thread. This is becoming more and more standard across the industry, with even Blizzard and World of Warcraft recently having implemented a similar system. However, this thread's topic is regarding the Break Through Bundle - Any discussion on trading or selling Victory Point packages or any other in-game shop item precludes the bundle, as the items contained within said bundle are not tradeable.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Jan 26th, 2012 at 23:40:07.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

The Break Through Bundle can only be claimed x-amount of times per month per account (currently I believe it's 10 total, can't recall off the top of my head) - The ability for a player to purchase VP-related items and sell them to in-game shops to generate credits is limited and, in this case, viewed by us as extremely trivial (unless you just really, really, *really* need to save up to buy that XL Backpack in-game, there are much better ways of getting 15k credits a month :P).
    Stop turning around this simple fact: that VP can be sold to another player. 10k VP goes for around 20m...

You're saying there are better ways of getting 200m/month with this amount of effort?

Just lock Ofab items so you can only buy certain QL at certain levels, that will stop people from making level 1 char and buying stuff, or put a min level to buy ofab at like lvl 25.

vvvvvvvvv Yes, standard Victory Point packages purchased in the shop (IE: not the ones included in this bundle pack) may be traded or sold to other players. We've never denied this in any fashion, and have stated as much on several other occasions - One such quote from Means was reposted earlier in the thread. This is becoming more and more standard across the industry, with even Blizzard and World of Warcraft recently having implemented a similar system. However, this thread's topic is regarding the Break Through Bundle - Any discussion on trading or selling Victory Point packages or any other in-game shop item precludes the bundle, as the items contained within said bundle are not tradeable.
    1. Buy VP
    2. Use the package
    3. Buy a piece of Ofab
    4. Sell it to the player
    5. ???
    6. FREE MONEY.

I would have honestly hoped I didn't have to spell this out to an FC dev who came from ARK who came from being a player.

Also taking World of Warcraft as an example.... really? Let's be fair. WoW offers a LOT more content, not to mention the superhigh playerbae compared to AO for HALF the price... yet people still choose to play AO instead. Emulating WoW is not a smart move at all.
    Last edited by Arguru; Jan 26th, 2012 at 23:44:04.

yeah Kintaii kinda lost me on the 15k credits to buy an x-large backpack thing. I'm thinking he's forgotten that Ofab is yesdrop now or something maybe. So at the current rate, at 10 times per account.. you can make 400m credits per month for the vp you're able to get.
    You can find me at:

Not only OFAB is yes-drop, but LE nanos and LE profession rings are as well. At current in game market rates this is the 200 million credits/month package (until of course the market is flooded with VP and the market rate adjusts).

I'm kinda neutral on whether this is a good or a bad thing. If not many people quit because of it and it generates meaningful revenue, maybe it's good? I dunno.

VP price is player driven thing. It's not new credits so it doesn't cause inflation in that way.

Anyway, only thing it will do is lower the price which VP can be sold. And who does that hurt? Once many people are doing it, it isn't worth of it anymore and VP becomes cheaper to buy from players.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

So I have two paid accounts. Both get the bundle and I get 400-800m depending on VP to credit rate of the day. That is one piece maybe two of 300 AI armor a month. Oh wait it can also be my Ofab pieces at no really issue. I mean 30K for back and SE helm. 895 VP a day for miner daily. Even a level 1 err 25 can get 30k in a week or so to buy it and trade it off to me.

This is clearly selling power at the cost of time. While over all it does save a player time that actually uses this as intended it can and will be abused to use it for gaining power. I now see how I am going to equip my new fixer that is entering TL7. And I though credits would be a problem.

This is one of those ideas falls on the path to hell is paved with the best of intentions.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast