Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many have 700 in MapNav?

Post How many have 700 in MapNav?

Just out of curiosity, since my L145 Engineer raised his MapNav high enough to upload every map on the planet (with the aid of implants, of course):

How many people have reached 700 in MapNav and can see every map on the planet?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Just did it 2 days ago thanks to some ql200 implants. Its a beautiful thing to be able to see where ur going

I have 700 in Map Nav, have every map in the game but Wailing Wastes (hopefully it will come available for everyone soon, not only clans). I love maps
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

Ive had the needed 500 for a long time (implants add 200). Essential for a gimped eng to be able to see the nmy players in 25%-0% zones so one can run away. Or atleast send your pet on them, before they see you. =P Annoying with the maps that are missing in booths though.
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

I have all the maps, but like Octo, I have a 500ish because I used implants to get them installed.
    Nivenyrral Lvl 200 Omni Engineer
    General and Retired President of the Band of Brothers

Me too! :P
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Working on it. Just need to get off my laze arse and get some map nav implants.

Got it. :P

Implants and all maps.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Dont up it over 460 till you see what you can buff. Get feline's grace, enhanced senses, agil boost, sense boost, and int boost. Put on two viral eggs (if possible) and then put on any of the armors that buff abilities (kirch for example). Then make ql 200 implants that are for map navigation (+210 map nav). In any available spots stick int, sense, or agility clusters. (Like the faded sense cluster in the head). Any other int, sense, or agil booster you can obtain should be put on. Doing all this will save you a few thousand ip, which could be better used somewhere else.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

i got the maps too thier nice
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

It probably goes without saying that I do Every map in the game is loaded up.

I wonder how high MapNav the new playfields in Shadowlands will require... but we'll have to wait to find that out.

Good to see I'm not the only one to see where I'm going, literally.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Lightbulb

I wonder how high MapNav the new playfields in Shadowlands will require... but we'll have to wait to find that out.
    Yeah I was thinking that maybe that is why we cannot IP reset Map Nav...cause we are gonna need it even higher later on...?
    • Shenhiroko: Martial Artist: RK1-OmniTek: Entropy Dawn Org
    • Codewitch: Nano Technician: RK1-Clan
    Main Profession: Explorer of Rubi-Ka
    Latest News:My NT is dual wielding Leet dolls until I can find Fazeka Crystal...Phear the Leets!

Originally posted by streaz18
    Dont up it over 460 till you see what you can buff. Get feline's grace, enhanced senses, agil boost, sense boost, and int boost. Put on two viral eggs (if possible) and then put on any of the armors that buff abilities (kirch for example). Then make ql 200 implants that are for map navigation (+210 map nav). In any available spots stick int, sense, or agility clusters. (Like the faded sense cluster in the head). Any other int, sense, or agil booster you can obtain should be put on. Doing all this will save you a few thousand ip, which could be better used somewhere else.
    Heheh.. now.. that's a real miser in terms of IP investment

Good adive though.

Anyway.. I've uploaded all available maps too. But as Omni.. I still have one missing piece

Talking Hey, IP is IP

Rent (or own) a dragon circlet if you can. 15 map nav.

Advents can borrow a ring or two.

Theres some more items in the DB, but haven't seen any of them available. 14.6 is adding some more, no idea which ones you will actually be able to get though.

I uploaded them all for about 65k IP. YMMV (class)

Definitely do the implants and slap on any Sen/Int/Psy items (in that order) you can manage. Druid and Jess pistols are great for another few points, you make temp pistol implants and get buffs to wear.

Slot: Shine Bright Faded
    Eye: Map Intel (Pistol)
    Head: Intel Map Sense
    Ear: * * Map
    Chest: Sense Psychic *
    Waist: * Sense *
    (R-Wrist: Pistol Multiranged Fling)
    (L-Wrist: Multiranged * * )
    (R-Hand: * Pistol Treatment)
    (R-Arm: Fling * * )

() Optional
    * Doesn't matter
    That should give you the maximum boost. I have a set in the bank somewhere.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Exclamation

I just checked, any by doing all that versus actually raising it to 700 I saved over 150k IP as a trader.

Thats nearly maxing a green skill. It would be even more for most other classes.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

You guys should be careful.. You might have FC Dev's decide to OE your maps so that you have to actually have the skill for it to show up.

BTW: I was just kidding there FC.. I know your not that......
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)

Every map uploaded, but even one of the clan miss one of the maps (started neutral )

I WANT MY WAILING WASTES MAP!!!

Uploaded all maps 2 days ago - it helps much - especially in EFP
    Galenius, friendly doc (usualy).
    Iceforce, baby enf

You know what? I bet Funcom is going to change the mapnav mechanics sometime in the future (don't ask me when though, because this is only speculation)... what I mean by this: maybe they will reset mapnav as a skill, refund all ip spent on it, and make uploading maps a thing of the past (everyone will have all maps available). Alternatively, if you do find that you have "wasted" some ip getting your skill above 700, there's probably not too much cause for worry...there will probably be a couple Shadowlands maps that require more than 700, as Kzak seemed to imply. In fact, I bet at least one Shadowland playfield will be the hardest playfield in the game, so naturally it will probably require high mapnav.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast