Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Item Shop Discussion Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    yeah, right .... look at the current population ...
    Many people got bored, many people are waiting for the engine or rebalance. And the only way the last 2 will happen is if funcom can make more money. And the only way they will do this is with the item shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlonel View Post
    Many people got bored, many people are waiting for the engine or rebalance. And the only way the last 2 will happen is if funcom can make more money. And the only way they will do this is with the item shop.
    "got bored" is not really informative. if you cut it down to smalled components youll find that "lack of interesting challenges" is a big part of it and buying everything with real money is not interesting nor a challenge of any kind... its more boring

obviously im not telling you how you should play the game, but in my opinnion best part of games is the challenge and overcoming them without resorting to outside help. (excluding team members)
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Jan 25th, 2012 at 18:59:58.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    "got bored" is not really informative. if you cut it down to smalled components youll find that "lack of interesting challenges" is a big part of it and buying everything with real money is not interesting nor a challenge of any kind... its more boring
    Actually being bored from farming items caused a lot of people to quit, whats fun about farming city raids or lox instances or beast raids, or many many other things and never getting what you need? Its not challenging to get the items as most of the raids are simple, it just takes way to much time, and if you don't have the time to do it and spend every chance you can trying then it gets boring. When you think about it having 4 hours during the week to play and few extra on the weekend to farm non stop for items and it takes weeks to get say 1 ai bot then its very frustrating, same thing with LOX i gave up farming and just bought a weapon upgrade but the drop rate and lack of people farming also increased the cost to more than triple the normal price.

if i get some peep's right, it'll be ok for them to see items like
    Burden of Competence, rbp's, ai-armor and so on with all their stats
    in the shop?

i think it's running in a wrong direction...
    what's the point of pandemonium-raids etc. then?

yes... it IS difficult to find raidgroups if you are short in time (lack of population besides )...
    but to condemn people (in some way) who have the time they invest for stuff, is quite a bit wrong imo.

just my 2 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptiva View Post
    The patch never existed.... There is no spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Mephoriouz View Post
    if i get some peep's right, it'll be ok for them to see items like
    Burden of Competence, rbp's, ai-armor and so on with all their stats
    in the shop?

i think it's running in a wrong direction...
    what's the point of pandemonium-raids etc. then?

yes... it IS difficult to find raidgroups if you are short in time (lack of population besides )...
    but to condemn people (in some way) who have the time they invest for stuff, is quite a bit wrong imo.

just my 2 cents
    Either way we would all be investing our time, people who can spend all day farming will invest time that way, while others will invest the time we spend at work making the money to buy the items.

Either way we would all be investing our time, people who can spend all day farming will invest time that way, while others will invest the time we spend at work making the money to buy the items.
    money dont buy skillz, nubi.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    money dont buy skillz, nubi.
    Have been playing far longer than you have many more 220s, don't talk to me about skill.

Actually being bored from farming items caused a lot of people to quit, whats fun about farming city raids or lox instances or beast raids, or many many other things and never getting what you need?
    thats subjective speculation, as very few people "just" played the game to farm, and nothing else. unless you know the specific reason why each person who quits does so (which only funcom support knows based on feedback you give if you cancel an account), then its just speculating. Granted you are likely correct in this case, as AO went from a socially interactive game, to a never ending quest for more gear game over the last decade.

sadly, one of the good things that would come from an item shop selling "time" (gear with stats etc...) would be AO returning to a "social game", where the items you wear and the progress you make are purely superficial over "having fun together." yes, people can have fun together while grinding, but when thats all there is to do together, it becomes memories and good times.

edit* of course, the argument that the bad design should be fixed is a smarter one, but whats done is done....
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Jan 25th, 2012 at 19:53:39.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Have been playing far longer than you have many more 220s, don't talk to me about skill.
    r u nubi?

r u nubi?
    obviously, playing long is skill
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    obviously, playing long is skill
    Yes sorry playing since release, having many 220s, and knowing the professions i play on a regular basis extensively makes me a nub. Just because someone doesn't agree with what you have to say doesn't make them a nub it just makes you look childish for name calling, it also helps validate what I have to say.

Yes sorry playing since release, having many 220s, and knowing the professions i play on a regular basis extensively makes me a nub. Just because someone doesn't agree with what you have to say doesn't make them a nub it just makes you look childish for name calling, it also helps validate what I have to say.
    http://youtu.be/as4-qLeGLgM?t=27s

having an account and having 220's doesn't equate knowing how to play. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://youtu.be/as4-qLeGLgM?t=27s

having an account and having 220's doesn't equate knowing how to play. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Maybe you should learn to read. As i said the characters i play on a regular basis i know their profession extensively.

Maybe you should learn to read. As i said the characters i play on a regular basis i know their profession extensively.
    maybe you should learn to play. the characters you have you claim to know how to play and you claim to know their profession extensively. but you still nubi.

As long as I do not NEED to buy anything from the item shop to play the game in a normal manner, I see no problem with it.
    Do it the Fallen Earth way, and force crafters to buy a crafting tool from the shop to be able to play (as an example) and AO will take the nose dive.

Your turn, FC, don't it up.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 25th, 2012 at 21:58:42.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

This selling time concept has ups and downs. First I would love to see the nightmare of buying clusters for implants fixed. I mean really who likes spending two days finding 3 clusters for QL200 implants because the stores have the wrong damn QL in stock every time you check. But I don't want the option to buy built implants at X QL in the item store either. This is one of those it should be fixed so that in game method works and does not waste our time. I mean we have asked for it since oh launch in 2001. Don't screw the pooch and use the item store to fix game issues that should have been fixed by now.

Likewise for "items" in the sparse leveling ranges. Well leveling armors that extend newcomers armor have been suggested. Weapons found in the subway that move players into TOTW have been suggested. True weapon upgrades that let a player level their weapon have been suggested. So seeing item store items that grab cash and not fix the poor state these areas are in is unacceptable.

I think you are standing on the slope. Take another step and we will see just how far into hades this game slides. I don't like that feeling at all.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

no word of a lie, I clicked that link, and 2 co-workers turned around, watched my screen for 5 seconds and said "who's that loser?" "yeah, is he annoying!"

couldn't agree more.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 25th, 2012 at 21:58:52.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    no word of a lie, I clicked that link, and 2 co-workers turned around, watched my screen for 5 seconds and said "who's that loser?" "yeah, is he annoying!"

couldn't agree more.
    who he is is not important. what IS important is the message he is sending.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 25th, 2012 at 21:59:05.

The whole selling time concept is one that I have some issue with as a player that won't "buy time" from the item shop.

When I play a game, it is because I want to experience the content, progress myself through the storyline and improve my character for any combo of PvE/PvP experiences.

From the perspective of a primarily PvP player, I'd say selling time is great if it cuts out hours and hours needed to do PvM activities so that they can get to their preferred activity. The issue i see with this, as someone that spends 97% of their time engaging in PvE, is that as a PvE player I'll lose people to play with.

Anything that is put into the item shop that means that people don't do the content (or do less of it) that I'll have to do on my toons (since I'm not going to 'buy' my way through the game.. regardless of my RL financial resources) is a negative for me as a player. It isn't going to encourage me to do as the Romans.. but instead discourage me from playing the game (as if any of us really needs more discouragement at this point).

I know some disagree (I can see in this thread) but I wanted to state my personal viewpoint on the situation.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

The next person to insult someone by saying anything about "mommy and daddy's credit card" or "you're a n00b" or basically insult anyone's intelligence, skill, game experience, age, or self sufficiency gets a 24 hour break from the forum to think about it.

Show some respect for the fact that other adult and mature people can have a difference of opinion.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast