Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Item Shop Discussion Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    In the previous seven (7) pages of this thread there's atleast a dozen answers to that question. And they all make sense. I suggest you read them again, and this time with a dictionary if you still have comprehension problems.

But it IS going to cause people to not want to team for raids and stuff. If you can buy the raid loot with cash, who wants to do the content that drops the said loot? The ability to buy stuff directly, will reduce the amount of players doing the content that drops the said loot. Most of us want to INCREASE the participation on said content, NOT reduce it.

The way to fix things is NOT making them buyable with RL cash. The solution is fixing the gameplay issues. IE, fix the AI leadbot droprates to better level, and make it so that having more people in your team doesn't reduce your chances of getting the good loot and - (insert drumfill here) - it's not a boring grind anymore and people will be willing to team for it.

The suggestions forum is full of very good suggestions on this issue. One of them being the "raid token" or "Raid currency" system thats the current way to distribute the good stuff in all the newer MMO's.

And the rest of your repeated questions, well... Jill and others have answered to all of them. Many times. You just keep ignoring the answers.
    Obviously you need to learn some comprehension skills since you cant grasp things that i have said. Either that or your reading skills suck. I have clearly stated that items that require a raid to complete should not be available, but items that can be obtained solo should be. You shouldn't be forced to team with people, especially people you don't know and this is what you are trying to push. I ignore their answers because they are rendered obsolete by mine, they think everyone in this game should have to team with them or some random people to do anything. If this is the case we should just get rid of orgs and just make each side one big org. When i play i want to team with my org or friends, so me getting items from the item shop wont change that it just means i will be available to team with them more often then grinding for things solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Stop it.

No, really, stop it.

You complain about the grind and having to camp items and 'I've done it all before', so what!? If you have been playing this game longer than a year, you KNOW that's a fundamental part of the game and trying to buy your way past it does nothing but damage the game even more. Let's break this down shall we?
    It wouldn't damage the game, it would improve it. Instead of people farming non stop for some items it would free them up to do other things like team for raids or battle stations. You think someone trying to get their armor or other things is going to be like ah screw it i don't need armor ill go do a bunch of battle stations, no their not going to want to do battle stations 1/2 setup.

#1 "I get to skip the token grind, I don't have to buy token guns!" - Congratulations, you are successfully taking creds out of the pocket of someone who is WILLING to farm token guns thus making a part of the game utterly obsolete, while some may argue there is no point to TGs since the inclusion of dailies, some people still buy TG packs for a quick boost. Or they did until the Item shop.
    Whose to say the people buying tokens would have the credits or even want to spend the credits on token guns in the first place? You cant say item shop tokens killed the TG market.

#2 "I just don't have the time to play anymore." - So you are willing to ruin the game for those that are? Really, just euthanize yourself now. If you don't have the time anymore, DON'T PLAY, it's THAT SIMPLE. Trying to push for changes that hurt the people who DO have the time and are WILLING to play the game as it was designed is beyond selfish. "But you're being selfish for not wanting change!" - I'm not the one trying to radically undermine the entire system that has been put in place for over 10 years.
    Me buying items from the item shop doesn't ruin the game for you in any way. Your saying because someone doesn't have as much time as you to play that we shouldn't even bother? This isn't going to hurt the people who want to farm to get the stuff, its not like FC is going to remove the items from the game and only let you get them from the items shop.

#3 "XYZ part of the game is dead, I just want to skip it by getting the needed levels from the shop." - So instead of making a suggestion to the devs about how to resolve the issue, you just let it stay that way by waving your credit card around and saying "Look at me, I have disposable income, sucks to be you". One way ticket to hell, what good will those levels be when the game finally empties of willing players who want to level legitimately? Oh you will be on your own for a month before FC finally pulls the plug, what good use of your money.
    Who even levels the right way now days? Less than a month ago i decided to make a new character. I started out on noob island and got to level 10 then went to SL and logged out for the night. The next day i got up and logged on my characters and set out to level. 140 Levels later i decided it was enough for the day and went to sleep. So buying levels wont change anything, people do it now days but pay with credits instead or we just power level ourself.

#4 "I have done XYZ boss XYZ amount of times and still havn't got my item! I wish I could buy it from the shop!" - Welcome to the laws of statistics. I did over 80 Beast runs on my Engineer and saw 1 Lust and 2 BoCs, neither of which I won and I STILL don't want items such as this in the shop. Why? Because I understand the POINT of this game. You win some, you lose some, it's life. And even in the real world, you cannot buy your way to immediate victory in everything you do, simply because the world doesn't work like that. Same for AO. "But you can buy lootrights!" with currency THAT IS ALREADY INGAME that has come from OTHER PLAYERS. Welcome to the theory of Economy. Buying an endgame item right out the shop also lowers the requirement of players of doing content which makes playing the game pointless as it removes the endgame. No Endgame = No Goal = No players.
    Nobody said anything about buying pande loot. You are once again assuming that all items int he game will be available in the shop. As i said in other posts no items that require a raid force to aquire should be available in the shop. Things such as AI armor, tier armor can all be obtained solo and will not hurt teaming or other functions.

Now I'm sure certain people will come into this thread saying how I shouldn't dictate how they want to play, yet the irony of the situation is the fact they want us all to play like them.

Hilarious.

/rant off.
    Nobody would force you to buy items from the shop, you can still farm them. But from what your saying is you want everyone to be forced to do something you want to do instead of having other options?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaylia View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

Just as example - in former times, if you had your 2,5k token board ready, it meant that you had to grind and - in the process - learned how to use your toolset of your profession.
    so wait, killing green RK mobs is learning how to play your profession? That is, if you didnt decide on buy token guns and had gotten your 2.5k board before level 200.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Now I'm sure certain people will come into this thread saying how I shouldn't dictate how they want to play, yet the irony of the situation is the fact they want us all to play like them.
    Actually, if the IS would mean getting 100 new players over 50 veterans that decide to quit, I'd choose the 100 new players without even blinking even while I wouldn't have a need of the shop.

It's economics.

At this point, besides account related service (account xfers) and some character renaming for bad choices made years ago, FC points are useless to me and I am indifferent towards the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post
    so wait, killing green RK mobs is learning how to play your profession? That is, if you didnt decide on buy token guns and had gotten your 2.5k board before level 200.
    Didn't you know? Repetitio est mater studiorum.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlonel View Post
    Don't talk about stepping on old players, I have been playing since release and would rather see more stuff in the item shop such as ai armor etc and not just for social. Old players have done the content many times and some of us are bored with it and would rather not have to farm for everything. Besides this doesn't have any effect on you if someone else chooses to buy items, it will free people up to do other things like PVP. Instead of having to farm non stop to get armor people would be able to go do raids, or battle stations, towers, etc.

Im not saying put everything in the shop, i don't want to see pande loot in there as real armor, nor do i want to see apf items, nothing that requires a raid to do should be in there. But items you can get by soloing content i dont see an issue with.
    ignored, why? becose if you had playd since release you would have more than enough items if you actualy farmd, but it seems like you were a afk player who preferd to stand still most of your time in game insted of working for the gear. and now you use your lasyness from start as an excuse to buy alien armor from itemshop so you dont even need to farm that either? ffs i dont think someone can sink lower.

and for that matter if such armor comes in itemshop people will abuse it to the limits and buy it out and sell for ingame creds. and that will give us another ****ed upp ingame economy thx to lasy people like you whos willing to pay irl creds for their lasy problems.

ao is the easyest game i ever playd where it comes to farm creds etc.. and still i get a baby like you to cry himself to alien armor in itemshop...

I predict 3 pages of well-crafted dialogue between LQ and Carl. I'll check back in a day or so.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    I predict 3 pages of well-crafted dialogue between LQ and Carl. I'll check back in a day or so.
    Yeah, I've stepped out of this discussion at this point. Mainly my feedback is for the devs... not sure why I was even going back and forth with a player on it as ultimately it is funcom that will make the choices.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    ignored, why? becose if you had playd since release you would have more than enough items if you actualy farmd, but it seems like you were a afk player who preferd to stand still most of your time in game insted of working for the gear. and now you use your lasyness from start as an excuse to buy alien armor from itemshop so you dont even need to farm that either? ffs i dont think someone can sink lower.

and for that matter if such armor comes in itemshop people will abuse it to the limits and buy it out and sell for ingame creds. and that will give us another ****ed upp ingame economy thx to lasy people like you whos willing to pay irl creds for their lasy problems.

ao is the easyest game i ever playd where it comes to farm creds etc.. and still i get a baby like you to cry himself to alien armor in itemshop...
    As i said in a previous post the last time i took a break i gave all my stuff away. And as i said, how many sets of alien armor should you have to farm? After 10+ its enough, i would rather buy it with my hard earned money than waste all day every day farming. I get that some of you are poor and cant afford the stuff so you don't want to see it in game, but some of us work and don't sit around all day playing video games. Really who is the lazy one? The one who goes to work all day or the one who sits at home playing video games? And yes AO is easy there is no doubt about that, it is easy to solo city raids, easy to get 2 more people and go kill the beast, easy to do what ever, so if it is so easy to do what is the difference between that and the item shop? The endless solo farming is what caused me to take a break before, all i was doing was solo farming s10, i gave up as it was never ending always farming and grinding for that next item i needed. I wasn't enjoying the game because all i was doing was farming, i didn't have time to go hang out and do some BS with friends or go join the org on that beast raid.

Since this discussion is going in circles, and the participants can't appear to stop personally insulting each other, I think its done for now. More specific topics can be opened in the forum itself.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789