Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best solo-professions

Question Best solo-professions

What profession do you, who have tried these professions at high-lvl (low-lvl) think of as the best solo-profession?

I have posted a poll on the poll-part of the forum, where you plz
    can post your opinion on the best soloers.

Solo-professions poll

EDIT: Also it would be nice to post some good combinations, that might work out well/<<best>>
    Last edited by Balcrush; Oct 16th, 2002 at 11:10:01.
    Balcrush - 220.21 Martial Artist

If you dont have much money !
    ---> MA

If you have money!
    ---> Crat

After level 120+ money is not a problem
    and you want to kill RM and Aces fast (soloing)
    ----> Crat

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

My experiences when soloing with self only buffs:

Here's my two bits:

Mp's rule at soloing anything up to 100% missions until they hit the title cap at lvl 81, then they stink until they can use mocham's for top pets. And can use a ql 200 x-3.

Crats are unstoppable in solo missions which don't have mobs with higher psychic than they can charm at any given time.

Nt's stink. Period. Engies dont stink that bad, but still reek.

Ma's... get killed a lot when soloing 75% or harder missions, as does docs.

Haven't tried soloing other profs long enough to have an idea.
    The Lion Banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
    A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
    In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
    And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
    dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
    For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.

Robert Ervin Howard

I'm an exclusive soloer.. Fixer, level 120, have never teamed. I solo team missions, 75% or higher difficulty (QL 140-160something). I don't have much trouble soloing as a fixer, but I do have GA, which helps tremendously.

--K

I don't thinkGA fixers should be considered the norm though

Arrow

My Enf has always been able to solo 50% or maybe a bit higher (one notch up). But I voted for 'crats, MAs and MPs, with 'crats being my number 1 pick.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Most of my experience is with an MA so I can't say it's the best. Since level 100 I've been soloing 80% difficulty missions (QL175 at level 135) for xp and blitzing 100% difficulty missions for items to use or sell. I rarely die in 80% missions unless I get careless and usually don't die blitzing 100% difficulty missions until after I get the item I want.

Originally posted by NOVA
    If you dont have much money !
    ---> MA

If you have money!
    ---> Crat

After level 120+ money is not a problem
    and you want to kill RM and Aces fast (soloing)
    ----> Crat
    i agree totally. crats rule soloing, and they never have problems finding teams either with calms and baton...

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

My soldier can solo up to 80% difficulty missions. Granted it takes a lot of tactics and sometimes fleeing the area to heal. But i did twink him to the max so...heh.

But crats dominate solo missions. Hands down. The ability to calm is just 'too' damned good.

Originally posted by Intrepid
    I don't thinkGA fixers should be considered the norm though
    Don't think he specified it had to be an 'average' character. Just pointing out what my experience had been as far as soloing at my level is, and anyone at my level could pretty easily get GA MKII which is all I have right now..

--K

Well, it changes as the levels go up. I mean, most people seem to try to look at this as what prof can solo up the highest ql. I think that is an impractical point of view.

Assuming ql 190-195ish missions, then MA. Nothing drops those mobs faster at that level. And you don't need crowd control. Since I duo missions with an MA, I know first hand just how fast they can solo, since I'll be the designated chest popper etc, and she'll drop 1-2 mobs while I move my lockpick over a chest and right click.

Next, I suppose is crat. Sure, they can charm mobs, but between having to deal with pets, or just waltzing up to a mob and critting it to death in a matter of a few seconds...I'd prefer the critting to death part. And like I said, for an MA at least, mezzing isn't an issue.

I'd say enforcer next. They deal very nice damage, and mobs at this level drop fast enough to disregard heals.

Once again, this is considering characters I regularly team with...and I'm 195. I'm not saying these three would be the best choice throughout the entire game at every ql mission.

Crats are good soloers, but slow soloers as they have to deal with the pathing problems of multiple pets. Sure I could solo a 210ish mission no prob at my level self buffed, but what's the point when it takes so freaking long?
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Agents are really good solo'ers. We never need to go to anyone for outside buffs, though things seem to be changing with less and less visual requirement new equipment. Also we can cast heal pets up until Belamorte so you don't have to worry about dieing in missions.

Though I must admit Crats and MPs are WAY better than us at soloing at later levels.

Originally posted by Rebbeca
    Crats are good soloers, but slow soloers as they have to deal with the pathing problems of multiple pets. Sure I could solo a 210ish mission no prob at my level self buffed, but what's the point when it takes so freaking long?
    That's kind of my point. Didn't word it very well. Probably shouldn't even include crat in there, and just add agent in trader fp.

I was soloing for fun yesterday those QL218 mission. And I am at level 168.

My tactics was to find RM Enforcer or Aces mob and charm him.

Let the pets attack first and then hit with nuke/and specials.
    Aces take some more time to kill, but usually I let the pets attack and go find some “unstable” mobs.

I was looking how much I gained exp at 3 hour, and its was something like 3-5 mill/hour + mission rewards (900k).

Like I say, was testing just for fun.

Personally I think that crat have best times about level 1-100 and then again after 150+ when you can again charm at team missions and when you get the TmD, fun start again.

EDIT: and ofcourse self buffer
    Last edited by NOVA; Oct 17th, 2002 at 08:42:53.

220 Dictator & Adept
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Solo-professions

Thx for the answers

Actually, I'm not a complete newbie, because I have
    a 100ish ma, he is usually good at soloing, but I think this is the hardest time in a ma's life, of various reasons..
    The point of the test was of the creation of my new Test char.
    which I guess wont have many teams to choose from from time to time, and therefore, with a good prof. not having to solo teams at 25% at lvl 100, lol... (that pet-pathing is hell, I've tried it a bit, but couldn't stand having to walk back to get hold of my pets again all the time.. that's one major reason to not choose the bureucrat...
    Balcrush - 220.21 Martial Artist

When you solo the pet patching is not so big problem.

Use /pet behind command

You can run fast as you like, and when you stop and wait for 2-3 sec, pets warping to you....most of the times.

Maybe i am just too use to pet patching that i dont feel it is a problem

220 Dictator & Adept
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--

Well, as an engie I can solo missions at 50% with ease. 70% take some concentration. 80% and up are hard work and slow but do-able.

Beside soloing the missions though, the engie has the advantage of being independent. I can make my own implants and don't need any help to put them in (since I tradeskill I wanna be able to easily swap implants).

btw, this is at lvl 113.

Fract

Pet patching? That conjures up bizzare images. . .

"Updating firmware. . .Update complete."
    *Slayer begins attacking engie*
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Pet patching? That conjures up bizzare images. . .

"Updating firmware. . .Update complete."
    *Slayer begins attacking engie*
    LOL

back to topic: a properly equipped ma (not even rare stuff) at 120+ is fastest to solo. below that you might have a hard time with deep red mobs, depends a lil on your luck with crits. ga fixers are next, can take them some time to kill a mob, but they get rarely hit and then the hot heals them up immediately. pet classes in general and especially the crat (due to calms and charms) are pretty good soloers over all lvls, its just slow. at high lvls (tl5) i heard nts are pretty good soloers too, my own isnt that high yet. you should NOT play agents, docs, traders (dont know bout soldiers, cuz i dont play one) if you plan to solo much. not mentioned profs do ok, but not great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast