Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Soldiers love, finally - BUT.......

EAZE - VERY WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackmane DID say exactly that - but found it it was untrue with most classes - so welcome soldiers to our side of the line!

Thumbs down

Don't forget you'll need another 160 ncu for the mp/trader buffs just to be able to cast some of those retarded nanos.

Unless shadowlands makes a HUD2 item that adds 3 * your level NCU and 1 * your level to all nanoskills, they'll still be crap.

Misery loves company I guess.

They need to double the teamsize so I can wrangle every other profession, and they can all use their "uber" nanos on the new mobs
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Well, this soldier luv leaves me distinctly underwhelmed and I won't even be tempted to try him out again.

Soldiers were never supposed to have insane nano requirements, because we were never supposed to be reliant on nano's. I guess with the coming of shadowlands everyone is going to go hog wild with making nanobreed everything, and equiping any item with a nanoskill modifier on it.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

And you know... looking at those buffs, is it going to be possible for a lvl 200 soldier to self cast the top 2, or even top 3?!? nano's of some of those lines?!?!

And another thing, why is it that while the soldiers get top line attack skill buffs of +70, other proffessions get +100, +120 or even +140? Sorry but a buff that gives +70 should have 42% less requirements of a buff that gives +100.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Re: booooo hoooo!

Originally posted by Abalz
    . . . you still have your ql 200 super weapons . . .
    Which ones are those . . . mmmm . . . oh ya the ones every other profession is using.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

2 words total bollocks

Re: Re: booooo hoooo!

Originally posted by Johnathgalt

Which ones are those . . . mmmm . . . oh ya the ones every other profession is using.
    Not EVERY other, maybe one or two other professions I've seen using them - belive me soldiers do just fine with the weapons they have compared to Enf or fixer or trader.. if you're not comparing well then its a user error, because its been proven with the damage add up scripts.

eaze and abalz are you martians? First I agree we should not able to selfcast our top high end nanos. Well how many soldiers with a 67/33% imp set (ar/re) for div9/nova/nophex/iec/etc. or (pi/hw) for tellus are able to selfcast as a example OS at lvl200? How many? Well I was first able to selfcast os at lvl196! Think about that at lvl196 and I get rid of my bright re cluster. Cause I made me a 100% AR impset for my martins.

Next thing is I have about 713si/723pm at lvl197 wow. I have both si and pm imps! With a expertise I'm able to selfcast os. But what with our shieldline? As an example our best ac buff "Heavy Assault Absorption Shield" 761mm/680mc I'm not able! You hear me? I'm not able to selfcast it atm and I'm not able - you hear me again? able to selfcast it at lvl200! Wow or? So Soldiers already have nanos which are unable to selfcast at lvl200. Oh right I could implant me a mm cluster but hey i'm not a "nano-skill" class. Means with this low evades a soldier has - i need a lot of evade clusters too. Life cluster? I need them too! My guns are 67/33% means i need cluster too. Burst/Fling/Fa? I need cluster too. Hey I only have 13 Imps!

If you belive it or not - i cannot selfcast the best nanos a soldier have - i would be able to selfcast all but then i would be a very weak soldier, cause i had less attack, less hp, less ac, less evades etc. things which are more important than a nanoskill cluster for a soldier!

Oh yes with your cyberdeck you don't need to wear a weapon right? Means you can reset 2,3 weapon skills. Wow you have a lot ips to spend. As a lvl197 I have atm about 900 free IPs! You hear right under 1k! not 200k not 500k most other classes have at this lvl! Oh and I only put ips in my primary skills and in blue very expensive skills like (mm, mc, ts, pm, si) or my evades, nanoresist. Skills I need as a soldier to fight in pvp and most time in pvm too. Next thing with your cyberdeck you don't need as, shotgun or rifle cluster. Wow you have free imp space - fill it with nano-cluster you need to selfcast your new nanos.

Boy and don't forget we have a old +60AR buff 236si/236pm and we get a new +70AR buff which only needs 838si/838pm. Do you really think that is ok? A +10 AR bonus which costs us 602!!!! Pls read it again 602 more points in 2 skills to cast it. Think about that we already have a +70 skill buff RE Mastery which only needs 305si/305pm.

And abalz we do fine with our weapons? Did you forget the fixers, traders, mas, enfs outdamage us all the time in missions? Didn't you see which player gets attacked most time in teams? Are this soldiers? If you now say yes then you live in a dream world. Last man standing in boss room is a soldier. Why? Cause boss don't attack him - I cannot get aggro.

This new nanos are a big joke. Decrease the required skills to 50% and then they are ok. But 959pm/si for a nano is something we will never have! And something we will never cast. Oh and I don't go on hunt for a mp (2 mochams) and a trader as well to cast this +100 FA buff.

Oh when I hear you I'm forced to hope that your cyberdeck requires 2000 mc to use it! Then i'll flame on your threads you start and then i'll laugh about you
    Last edited by Whitesand; Oct 17th, 2002 at 08:28:00.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

Like I said, welcome to our side of the line.. not being able to self cast new nanos.. Just be able to self cast our nanos, we have to sacrifice armor and rings - gimp our implants slightly, have you tryed those options, probably not.. Your tank armor is too precious to sacrifice for Neleb coat huh?

Soldiers I'VE teamed with and in my guild do greater damage than fixers and traders, something must be wrong with your soldier I guess, especially if you have no IP - what did you dump into, trade skills?? You got 15+ new nanos, if you need help to cast them, too bad. We got two new nanos, we don't care if we need help to cast them, we're used to that right Eaze!? Eaze actually is usually first to explain how we can get selfcast nanos that requier 3 skills over 1025...

NT are nano bot controllers, we can cast nanos easier
    Soldiers are dumb trigger pullers, who should not be able to cast everything so easily, doesn't that make sense? Maybe you should raise you sense ability

Like I said, welcome to our side of the line.. not being able to self cast new nanos.. Just be able to self cast our nanos, we have to sacrifice armor and rings - gimp our implants slightly, have you tryed those options, probably not.. Your tank armor is too precious to sacrifice for Neleb coat huh?

Soldiers I'VE teamed with and in my guild do greater damage than fixers and traders, something must be wrong with your soldier I guess, especially if you have no IP - what did you dump into, trade skills?? You got 15+ new nanos, if you need help to cast them, too bad. We got two new nanos, we don't care if we need help to cast them, we're used to that right Eaze!? Eaze actually is usually first to explain how we can get selfcast nanos that requier 3 skills over 1025...

NT are nano bot controllers, we can cast nanos easier
    Soldiers are dumb trigger pullers, who should not be able to cast everything so easily, doesn't that make sense? Maybe you should raise you sense ability
    Didnt you read my starting post and the possible PM/SI (SI/PM) combination there, Abalz? Its plain and simple not possible to selfcast the top nanos, some need a Trader or MP and some need a Trader and MP.

Im almost 200 pts. short in the lowest skill to cast the best ql200 nano. I need a Trader and a MP to cast this nano as a solitus soldier at lvl 200 with ql200 implants... and what do we get for this huge circumstances? 100 pts in FA and some crap added for 50 more NCUs. This is, plain and simple, not usefull since Im almost filled with my own buffs (395/448)
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

the new nt nanos are actually useful and better than everything we had before. the new soldier nanos, well, they dont look that good to me ( i dont play a soldier, so i cant really judge).

btw, for those who didnt get it, eaze's post was a lil sarcastic

EAZE - VERY WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackmane DID say exactly that - but found it it was untrue with most classes - so welcome soldiers to our side of the line!
    Crat's can't cast their top nanos at level 200. They may be able to cast some of them if they have every gimmic in the book.

Originally posted by MajorGimp, fka Sethil

Didnt you read my starting post and the possible PM/SI (SI/PM) combination there, Abalz? Its plain and simple not possible to selfcast the top nanos, some need a Trader or MP and some need a Trader and MP.

Good. No I must have missed that. Did you read Eaze's post, that relays what Blackmane said about how professions are not supposed to be able to selfcast their top nanos? I could go find the thread for you were he said that, its in the Nt forum somewhere.

Perhaps a nanomage Soldier can self cast them..? Why not try some new ql 220 implants? they may help.. who knows I'm here trying to solve your problems I guess, NT have our own to worry about. Just accept like otherclasses, yes like the crat and engy and NT and probably enf and MAs that you're going to need help to cast topline nanos.. I guess it's like NT and Doc and MP need buffs like Riot Controll and UA from agents to equip guns.

Re: Re: Re: booooo hoooo!

Not EVERY other, maybe one or two other professions I've seen using them - belive me soldiers do just fine with the weapons they have compared to Enf or fixer or trader.. if you're not comparing well then its a user error, because its been proven with the damage add up scripts.
    Guess you've never seen a NT, MP, Engi, Adven using a CHS or an NT or an Engi with a flashpoint or westinghouse. (btw 'every other' means every second one not each one).

Don't give me that "use error" nonsense, why don't you just call me a noob or tell me to roll a different character. I've played my soldier to lvl 192, I know how to play him and I know what he is and is not capable of. Why don't you educate yourself on what we want and why we want it before you go popping off.

These nanos are not at what we where promised, are to difficult to cast and pretty much suck on top of that.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Cool

Hmm, you don't get love you moan, you get love, you moan. Sure, its not quite what you expected, but who's to say that's all your getting? May be more to come. And in the meantime its better than nothing.

I really hope you do get some more stuff, either in later 14.6 patches or in 14.7. Just like I hope engineers finally get the lovin' they deserve, or NTs get their new nanos and stuff...

A bit of moaning is fine, too much makes the profession look like a bunch of children, NTs were doing the same. Pull yourselves together and wait and see.

If by the time Shadowlands is out things haven't improved, then feel free to moan, shout and generally raise a stink...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Hmm, you don't get love you moan, you get love, you moan

ERR
    The Point is these nanos are anything but LOVE, its a JOKE, i doubt i've ever upload one even with the skills
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

yea fo real

its not fair at all to balance the game now for some expansion pack far off in the future.
    but i believe the nanos are gonna change alot when they are finally released. They say they add content that is way too hard and then weaken the mobs and they add items that are a bit weak then stregthen them.
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

Old-time soldier here...
    Just had to say that im very dissapointed in this "fix".. the problems we have won't be fixed with "10" more pts of AR... or even 90 FA... who cares.. i have my 200 FP..
    bla bla bla... give us some new nanos.. something to spend our NP on WHILE ACTUALLY FIGHTING. i buff up at missionentrance.. then i usually dont need to use my nanopacks until mobbutton or so...

I stopped levelling about 4-5 months ago at 178... i just didnt see the use for it.. what new stuff happens after that?
    OK, end of whine..

Wuu
    McDaddeh - Enforcer RK1
    "STFU or i'll shove your head down your throat."'

Wuushu - Soldier RK1
    "Soldiers don't die, we just go to hell to regroup."

Phizzer - Fixer RK1
    "I'm teh l337 h4xz0r-$mürf"

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor

I want the following things fixed for soldiers

The new nano's are very nice, but they NEED to have nanoskill requirements reduced. So what if they are ment for Shadowland skills. The expansion is what.. 6 months off? WE NEED IMPROVED NOW!

Fix the new Nophex and make it actually fairly available. Re-release the Nova Flow MK1 (which was on test, looked nice, but poof was never seen again several patches ago).

Make some new Soldier weapons that rely on ONLY Ranged Energy OR Assault Rifle, 85% of classes in the game outdamage soldiers now. Sure there are some nice weapons that were recently added for soldiers, and it's obvious your trying to give us some loving, but the new weapons are either only really good at low level or are bugged or only available to super-high level soldiers. What about the soldiers who are level 100-180ish?

Our attack rating is lower then any other combat class in the game, MUCH lower. Lower even then many non-combat classes in the game. The reason is simple, all our weapons are based on two skills, whch destroys our attack rating and essentially cripples our damage output.

I personally would like to see a Fling or Burst only weapon like this

[Insert cool name here]
    QL: 150
    Equip Time: 5
    Attack Time: 2.5
    Recharge Time: 2.5
    Range: 20
    Init: Ranged Init
    Clip: 30 Chemical (we have what, 2 weapons that don't use energy? Both are nodrop and aren't used by hardly anyone)
    Damage: 13-310(120) (a high dmg low crit weapon)
    Attack Skill: Assault Rifle
    Requirements
    AR --- 600
    Burst - 520

Something like that would be nice. High damage with only one attack skill requirement, because soldiers have THE WORST attack rating of any combat class. HANDS DOWN.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

This is the kind of love that feels like this in the morning.

Where am I? Where are my pants and why is my butt sticky?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast