Thread: Tirbo Ratcatcher is mocked for having Turrets' Syndrome?!?

Angry Tirbo Ratcatcher is mocked for having Turrets' Syndrome?!?

Tirbo Ratcatcher emote:

"Tirbo Ratcatcher laughs loudly and seems to have forgotten you altogether. You realize that he is probably missing a few pages and has replaced them with a sizable Turret Syndrome chapter. It would be smart to leave before he regains his focus..."
    How is that funny Funcom...IT ISNT. I cannot believe you let that go into the game...What's next, you gonna laugh at your customers who have Leukemia, Cancer, Arthritis, Scizophrenia, etc...?!!!

I want an answer on this.

• Shenhiroko: Martial Artist: RK1-OmniTek: Entropy Dawn Org
    • Codewitch: Nano Technician: RK1-Clan
    Main Profession: Explorer of Rubi-Ka
    Latest News:My NT is dual wielding Leet dolls until I can find Fazeka Crystal...Phear the Leets!

My what a large horse
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Why is it, all disabling conditions are relative to the sufferer, aren't they? I was simply posting comparisons that are more familiar, and therefore why this may have been overlooked.
    Latest News:My NT is dual wielding Leet dolls until I can find Fazeka Crystal...Phear the Leets!

As far as I know, Tourette's Syndrome is a neurological disorder, a disease, a chemical imbalance in the body. It is sort of hard to imagine that a medical disorder with different symptoms would be the subject of that sort of in-game reference, but maybe it's possible. To me, it's in poor taste.

Well well, turns out Tourette Syndrome is the correct spelling, so what...that excuses the thinly disguised reference in the game, Funcom? I saw it for what it was immediately, as Vydas pointed out:

It is sort of hard to imagine that a medical disorder with different symptoms would be the subject of that sort of in-game reference, but maybe it's possible.
    Well I checked online and Tourrette is the only one that fits.

*shakes head in bewilderment at the audacity*

Originally posted by Shaleste
    wah wah wah

sheesh
    Heh, thanks for that contribution. BTW, this disease can be inherited. There but for the grace of some entity, go you.

I'll look into it. But, please take this kind of issues through e-mail though, as I simply don't have a chance at reading the entire bulletin board every day. Only reason I saw this was that somebody reported a post in the thread.

Closing the thread.