Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14.6: death to ninjas.

14.6: death to ninjas.

Thats right whenever you loot something either out of a chest or off a mob a text message comes up saying who looted what. Now no longer can the ninjas accuse other people of ninjaing *cough*aragonblade*cough*

Now i am not to sure whether i think this is a good thing Gonna end up stopping in the middle of team missions every 2 minutes rolling for the last item looted

Not to mention its gonna cause alot of arguements. But the ninjas will be exposed.

I tested this myself on testlive. All members of the team got the message about who looted what/.

Nice, I guess. But as you said, think it will just cause arguments. At least right now, I am blissfully ignorant that my team mate who's never on my team window is looting soul frags etc. :P

wow thats good news. I would love to see loot messages! Best thing for me coming in 14.6. if this is really true.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

Originally posted by Peisinoe
    I am blissfully ignorant that my team mate who's never on my team window is looting soul frags etc. :P
    haha well put looting means like having bags and organizing and stuff.. ewwwwww.

definately a plus for unique/rare loot though

on a sidenote whitesand and i posted at the exact same time.

hehe

go ninja go ninja go
    go ninja go ninja go
    go go go go go

It wont start arguments, ninja = kicked on most of my teams
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Oh... and they upped the damage of chests

Got hit by 2844 total damage by a ql151 chest...
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

This is great news.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

hehe OH YES!!!
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Heh, I agree this will lead very shortly to the old EQ-style "need b4 greed" type of discussion. Cool.

a goeey cabloeey

Originally posted by Dhurdahl
    Oh... and they upped the damage of chests

Got hit by 2844 total damage by a ql151 chest...
    that might indeed be a deterrant. also great news because my fixer does no longer feel as foolish for spending ip on disarm

(was going to post a link to the shirt ninjas 2 but their site seems to be down in the ocean of the www. sniff ;( )
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

IMO its stupid, just means some guy who is looting all the bodies/chests is gonna spam me with "looted blahblahblah" when most of the time its garbage.

Now what if someone does get a soul frag? You think its fair to raffle? Why? Some guy prolly had to check 200-500 bodies to find it, and what did you do? Nothing, and hmm you get a 1/6 chance to win it? Don't know but I think I wouldn't raffle it and if team wanted to kick me, oh well.

ATM I don't care that people loot, I just want xp. If I want loot I solo a mission.

IMO this is something that should ONLY be used on boss monster types, like boss monster or those new outdoor bosses. For every chest/body it will drive me nuts.

Other suggestion, give us the ability to turn it off if you do use it.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Kenidy is right on. This have been brought up several times after the suggestion was given and FunCom does the usual. Implement a function with annoying "features".

*burp* WhaasdaaA`!?
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

That would be strange.....In a way i think this will implement back the "alpha loot", so ppl can't argue about what was looted...if it was his loot, it's his stuff...no roll...then again, why am i even interested in knowing it?

in other hand, if you have a ninja looter that does nothing in battle and just loots corpses,....you get to know...and kick the guy...

other question....is this vivinitty rules? or if i go to EFP i see ALL ppl looting stuff eveywhere?

I think this is a good idea to implement if you can turn it off if you don't want it

Originally posted by Kenidy/Isgrimnur
    IMO its stupid, just means some guy who is looting all the bodies/chests is gonna spam me with "looted blahblahblah" when most of the time its garbage.

Now what if someone does get a soul frag? You think its fair to raffle? Why? Some guy prolly had to check 200-500 bodies to find it, and what did you do? Nothing, and hmm you get a 1/6 chance to win it? Don't know but I think I wouldn't raffle it and if team wanted to kick me, oh well.

ATM I don't care that people loot, I just want xp. If I want loot I solo a mission.

IMO this is something that should ONLY be used on boss monster types, like boss monster or those new outdoor bosses. For every chest/body it will drive me nuts.

Other suggestion, give us the ability to turn it off if you do use it.
    I dont care what other ppl loot in missions... i dont loot, so its my fault when I dont get real good stuff....BUT ninjas slow down every team, they are always behind and they let the others in team do the hard work for xp for them...
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

I like this idea, it would be nice if it had the option to hide it for those who don't (like other hit other can be off). At least then I know for sure what is happening.

I don't like ninjas, cause while they loot, they don't help the team and the mission takes longer. Therefore I think roll is real fair, even though someone said the looter did all the work. It would be fine if there was a way to prevent him from getting xp for every fight he wasn't involved with, then he would have to choose between loot or xp, just like I do.

I also agree with what someone else said above - that the looter is very selfish and will refuse to roll for good loot even if the alternative is getting kicked from the team. Ninja looters don't have morals.

Cool

They should not do this important addtiion half-way. If they're going to post loot messages, then they should also implement alpha-looting (and other game-enforced team-loot options) on chests.

Otherwise chests will become the point of contention. With a body, well if it was my turn to loot, the team may have previously agreed that whatever you loot is yours - rare or not. But with chests you do not have that game-enforced "random fairness". It's whomever gets to that chest first.

Without a game-enforced system for alpha or leader looting on chests, there will be a lot of conflict about whose turn it was, who the rare or otehr item belongs to, etc.

There has been past discussion about how to implement such a system. Yes it would be different, maybe harder, to implement on chests than on mobs. The order of mob-death is the trigger for whose turn it is on mobs. Chests don't have any such trigger. But some system is necessary; especially if we are going to get loot messages.

It will be a lot easier to accept someone finding a GA disc in a chest, if I knew it was their "fair" turn, than if I thought it was simply because they were putting the needs of themselves ahead of the needs of the team by looting while others were fighting.

If we get loot messages on chests without some in-game enforcement option on whose turn it is, I think it will encourage teammate looting of chests ahead of cooperatively fighting of the mobs.

So while I am (somewhat) for the loot messages; I think they need to be coupled with some team-loot order options on chests.

Cheers,
    Martek

Originally posted by Kenidy/Isgrimnur
    I'll tell you what I was doing. I was killing mobs, while the ninja was two rooms away clearing chests and bodies.

I'm a nice guy... I could care less if you loot a first aid kit, but when you find something decent you should mention it. All to often, I get into the team where one person acts as the loot vacuum and the only thing he says is 'run and HoT plz' and 'this was all I took from boss'.

Great move, Funcom!

~Hoopspro

I really hope that you can have different settings for this.

/team_announce chest
    /team_announce all
    /team_announce off

alpha loot already works well for corpses and i would hate to have the spam and miss everything that is beeing said in chat.

then just put announce on at boss and all will be fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast