Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14.6: death to ninjas.

Originally posted by Martek
    They should not do this important addtiion half-way. If they're going to post loot messages, then they should also implement alpha-looting (and other game-enforced team-loot options) on chests.

Otherwise chests will become the point of contention. With a body, well if it was my turn to loot, the team may have previously agreed that whatever you loot is yours - rare or not. But with chests you do not have that game-enforced "random fairness". It's whomever gets to that chest first.

Without a game-enforced system for alpha or leader looting on chests, there will be a lot of conflict about whose turn it was, who the rare or otehr item belongs to, etc.

There has been past discussion about how to implement such a system. Yes it would be different, maybe harder, to implement on chests than on mobs. The order of mob-death is the trigger for whose turn it is on mobs. Chests don't have any such trigger. But some system is necessary; especially if we are going to get loot messages.

It will be a lot easier to accept someone finding a GA disc in a chest, if I knew it was their "fair" turn, than if I thought it was simply because they were putting the needs of themselves ahead of the needs of the team by looting while others were fighting.

If we get loot messages on chests without some in-game enforcement option on whose turn it is, I think it will encourage teammate looting of chests ahead of cooperatively fighting of the mobs.

So while I am (somewhat) for the loot messages; I think they need to be coupled with some team-loot order options on chests.

Cheers,
    Martek
    Yeah, so combine this with someone who has no trap disarm/b&e skill and can't open the chest while the fixer next to him has plenty, and can't open the chest.
    Yagyu for life

This is the best news I've heard in a long time. Way to go FC!

I have been one of the many unfortunate ppl to be accused of ninjaring a boss in a team mission. I had absolutely no way to prove it was not me. So I got no loot and 4 ppl (obviously the real ninja knew it wasn't me) thinking very bad thoughts about me.

And to those that think that they shouldn't have to roll on rares: solo the damn mission. You'll end up having to solo anyway as no teams will want you after a short while. Its because of peoples greed that FC have to implement this
    Narama 209 MA
    Narakar 200 NT (gear)
    Kataq 137 Keeper
    Naracrat 137 Crat

Proud Member of TAG

RK1

I really hope I can turn the loot spam off or it's only for bosses.

But good for unique mobs
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I am pretty sure that if alpha loot is on, there is no message given, as no one else would need to know what was looted from a body.

Thats just what I found anyway.

Tis a good thing methinks... at least with bosses and rare spawns that people tend to steal and forget to mention it to others... not that it has happend in any team ive been in... I think...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

i agree...i dont think the ppl in my team really did anything....but i found it odd that i was the only person who "found" mkII armor on the corpse and told eveyrone about it so we can roll...i found 2 sleeves in 3 hours we were there..everyone else said they found nothing on the corpse.

btw i lost both rolls

I'm glad this is finally being implemented.

Too bad this patch won't have a chat interface improvment as well... it would be nice if you could split up the chat window into different windows and filter text to different ones...

IMO this (the looting message) will help to make sure that people get a fair share of loot.

I agree that if you are the person that checks 100's of bodies for that soul fragment you are doing a lot, but you are also slowing down the team; not to mention, seriously, how hard is it to right-click on a body? Of course, fighting isn't much hard ("q" ), but you at least have to pay more attention to fight, etc.

I think the whole team deserves a roll on things like this; after all, if it weren't for the team, the mobs wouldn't have died in the first place and you wouldn't be looting it! If you really don't want to split any loot you find in a mission, then go solo it!

This will also help with Smuggler's Den and other Unique mobs as well.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

Thumbs up woot

Finally, something good in the patch.

Yet another reason chat needs to be seperated from battle spam though
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

I guess not everyone can be happy all of the time. Guess some of the poeple can never be happy. The spam is VERY minor. And even if you don't like it, it just makes me think your a ninja looter.

It's great for bosses, how many times have you seen somethin on a boss and then the person who grabs all the stuff never announces it.

How many GA disks have to misteriously disappear from a boss monsters loot?

Now, when someone loots a body you just see

"So and so looted a '....' "

thats it.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

About alpha loot on chests and people who completely lack any ability to B&E or Trap Disarm

Make it so that a chest can be unlocked by anyone, but once it is unlocked it will not open until the person who's alpha loot it is opens it. I think the real problem will be with people who don't want to loot the chests at all. Alpha loot would be stuck on that person, unlike for bodies it will eventually be open loot for everyone.

it is a good thing. you get to see if there are people going away from the team to loot so you can kick them.

it would be nice to be able to turn it off, but i'd rather have it and not be able to turn it off than not have it; just so i can leave teams with unethical people.

Not really needed, but not bad...

I have never been able to figure out what the big deal is with ninja-looting, alph-looting, etc.

I do like this addition (though agree it would be nice to have options for it).

I guess it is just because when I team, I tend to start teams and lay down the rules up front:
    -For normal items, if the character you are playing can make use of it (besides selling it) then do so. If it replaces another item (in the case of weapons/armor/etc) then offer up the item it replaced.
    -If the character you are playing can not make use of an item, offer it up to see if someone else in the group can. If not, its yours if you could put it to use (on an alt or whatnot) or anyone elses if not.
    -If you get a second item of a category (armor/weapons/nanos/etc) you pick which one you would rather keep and offer up the other one. If no one else needs/wants it, its yours too.
    -For very rare items, those who need them the most get them so long as there are not others in the group that could make good use of it and the finder has not gotten another good rare item (if he has, then one must be offered up). If no one needs it, the finder can keep it.
    -Anyone who pisses and moans about not getting an item gets booted. I dont care to spend my game time fighting over random items.

I could care less about fair as I prefer to go the route of "who can make good use of X".

Needless to say, this method helps find like minded people that are there to have a good time and help the group out and weeds out those that are there for the Ph4t Lo0t and could care less whether someone actually needs it when they could sell it instead.

I think this change will help me by virtue of letting everyone in my groups know that I am being straight up with my rules...as most times, I make it known that I loot and divvy up all the goodies. Anything no one can use I sell and split the cash up at missions end.

-Religion

I too like the idea of knowing who's looting what. Although, there are many children that play this game, it could lead to annoying arguements.
    Einheit 173 Nano Technician OMNI RK1
    I've seen the future. And it doesn't work - HG Wells

Hmm been thinking more about this. The person who said ninja looters slow down teams is damn right! I want xpxpxpxp not some bogus loot.

So this is one positive effect, however, I think they should put some of the team loot chest stuff into solo missions. As an adventurer I solo a lot, and well I can never get bronto patches or weapons recepticles in these missions. I can get rings/bracers/nanopacks and the other odd piece of crap in a chest.

Also for unique/boss mobs this is a must, but i really want a way to turn off the spam when on a team and stuff. A lot of time I do guildchat while teaming, and well, spamming myself silly is just gonna make me go nuts.

Oh yeah I think ppl who ninja bracers are going to piss people off bigtime...

Remember in the Matrix "Ignorance is bliss" I predict a lot of fighting/people getting black listed etc cause as it is people are SO darn sensitive in missions.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Originally posted by Kenidy/Isgrimnur
    IMO its stupid, just means some guy who is looting all the bodies/chests is gonna spam me with "looted blahblahblah" when most of the time its garbage.

Now what if someone does get a soul frag? You think its fair to raffle? Why? Some guy prolly had to check 200-500 bodies to find it, and what did you do? Nothing, and hmm you get a 1/6 chance to win it? Don't know but I think I wouldn't raffle it and if team wanted to kick me, oh well.

ATM I don't care that people loot, I just want xp. If I want loot I solo a mission.

IMO this is something that should ONLY be used on boss monster types, like boss monster or those new outdoor bosses. For every chest/body it will drive me nuts.

Other suggestion, give us the ability to turn it off if you do use it.
    '
    Seems like someone is making a business from selling soulfrags.

If he wants to clear 500 bodies and chests to get a soulfrag, let he do a damn solo mission like you say you do. If he wants to leech a teams xp (and at higher levels you easily get 5mill xp / mission), he sure as hell should share the loot he finds.

One solution would be to join a team for a team mission, then enter the building and say "I'm leaving team, I'm just here for loot, you guys get xp". I still have to see one ninja do that tho.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Arrow Well, the game could use this solution anyways

Player chat reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally ought to get seperated from battle spam. Theres only so much you can turn off before you end up getting killed over it.

They can put loot messages on the spam window.

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    [team] my ____ buff is about to wear out
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    [team] wheres the up buttom?
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    [team] afk a sec
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    [team] did someone say something?
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by eaze

'

If he wants to clear 500 bodies and chests to get a soulfrag, let he do a damn solo mission like you say you do. If he wants to leech a teams xp (and at higher levels you easily get 5mill xp / mission), he sure as hell should share the loot he finds.

One solution would be to join a team for a team mission, then enter the building and say "I'm leaving team, I'm just here for loot, you guys get xp". I still have to see one ninja do that tho.
    *laugh*

So true.

However, there are some truly skilled looters/chest poppers who somehow manage to get 80% of the loot AND be there 100% of the time in combat. Those people, I have no problem with. :P

But yes, an option to turn this off without resorting to /team loot alpha would be great.

Originally posted by Kenidy/Isgrimnur
    IMO its stupid, just means some guy who is looting all the bodies/chests is gonna spam me with "looted blahblahblah" when most of the time its garbage.
    Turn the loot messages of. You can turn off most other messages, dmg by player, dmg by other, nano by player, by other, etc. I hope that Funcom don't forget that loot messages are "turn on/off able".
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

Originally posted by eaze

'

Nope I don't sell them I buy them, check my name under buy and sell, its a fact. Now I think 2x I have been lucky enough to hit a chest while standing right there and have that soul frag pop up. That is 2x in hmm lets see char 1 is lvl 193 and char 2 is 188-189...thats a hella lot of missions for me to "get lucky" I think if I do "hit a chest" either cause I get pissed at the ninja doing nothing but that or, cause "its there" that I will keep whatever is in that chest.

Also I solo a lot. At least 2-3 missions a day I solo. I have never found anything but bracers/rings in chests while soloing. Also my lvl is not over 190 to get the "right" soul frags.

I think i made a post in here: simply put let the items found in team chests be found in solo chests, and there shouldnt be a problem. I solo just cause i hate racing chests with people. IMO whats going to happen now, is if no one loots anything, it will slow down the team, cause everyone will want to check.

(hmm no chests in team mission would solve this.)

Also make mobs 190-200lvl easier to solo. Enf have crazy hps and hit HARD. MA's have ucv and crit like MOFOs.

Ok tired and ranting off...basciallly i dont want to get spammed, i dont want to know who is taking what, it will just make me bitter, and i dont want to get into an arguement over some item. imo this will most likely make things worse, or people will just stop looting all together.

EDIT: do you think when I get to lvl 200, a team will let me just join to loot everything? that is kinda a funny statement...but man can I hope
    Last edited by Isgrimnur; Oct 17th, 2002 at 08:18:42.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12