Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Profession balance: The potential of the engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Basically, any time an engi feels the need for more IP, tradeskills are the first thing to get sacrificed.
    Which is a shame.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Basically, any time an engi feels the need for more IP, tradeskills are the first thing to get sacrificed.
    Speak for yourself. If you do it right, there's no real shortfall. Unless you need extra skills for PvP or something.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Feb 19th, 2012 at 00:00:19.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Unless you need extra skills for PvP or something.
    That right there is reason enough for the change.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    That right there is reason enough for the change.
    With AS getting nerfed at the same time...not so much.
    Because Race Yalm

I don't see what AS nerf has to do with enabling an engi to have a setup that works well for all three primary functions available to them so I will just stick with my position that there shouldn't be a distinction in the first place, even if there are special cases where someone can do 2 of those 3 with a specific setup.

I don't see what AS nerf has to do with enabling an engi to have a setup that works well for all three primary functions available to them
    Aimshot aside, then, this is already true, so...huh?

so I will just stick with my position that there shouldn't be a distinction in the first place, even if there are special cases where someone can do 2 of those 3 with a specific setup.
    Seriously. There is NOTHING SPECIAL about being able to do that.

The only "special cases" I see around here are the ones that can't.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Feb 21st, 2012 at 08:32:07.
    Because Race Yalm

I guess that's just a matter of opinion. Lucky for most of us, FC sides with the options they are implementing.

I guess that's just a matter of opinion. Lucky for most of us, FC sides with the options they are implementing.
    More of a matter of convenience. Not everyone wants to keep ATE3 perked and swap their complete loadout every time they want to make QL300 alien armor or 5 gem aruls. Laziness and efficiency walk a thin line hand in hand.
    Waiting for a cure.

Hm, at first I thought this change would be beneficial to engies, and made sense.
    Although now I'm wondering if this will not result in a loss of diversity among setups. /shrugs
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

More of a matter of convenience. Not everyone wants to keep ATE3 perked and swap their complete loadout every time they want to make QL300 alien armor or 5 gem aruls. Laziness and efficiency walk a thin line hand in hand.
    That's nothing to do with lazy so get off your moral high horse buddy. I guess we can all take satisfaction that FC is siding with lazy people everywhere so they don't have to gimp their perks and have a second set of gear to do what is intended with the profession.

I guess we can all take satisfaction that FC is siding with lazy people everywhere...
    I sure don't. I think it's ruining this game.

And speak for yourself when you say "gimp".
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Feb 24th, 2012 at 20:05:15.
    Because Race Yalm

Would love to see AT3 go away - make it so you have to equip bazzits items, but losing 3 perks to be able to swap gear kinda sucks.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    Would love to see AT3 go away - make it so you have to equip bazzits items, but losing 3 perks to be able to swap gear kinda sucks.
    Ew no.

Just make it permanent like SL specializations.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Thorneee View Post
    Hm, at first I thought this change would be beneficial to engies, and made sense.
    Although now I'm wondering if this will not result in a loss of diversity among setups. /shrugs
    The only diversity will be the loss of "I don't have tradeskills, sorry" when asking an engi to make something for you.

That's nothing to do with lazy so get off your moral high horse buddy. I guess we can all take satisfaction that FC is siding with lazy people everywhere so they don't have to gimp their perks and have a second set of gear to do what is intended with the profession.
    I think you're injecting some tone in my statement which is absent. Try removing the angst from your inner monologue and try again.
    Last edited by Mostadio; Feb 25th, 2012 at 06:22:41.
    Waiting for a cure.

The only diversity will be the loss of "I don't have tradeskills, sorry" when asking an engi to make something for you.
    It's gonna be funny to watch the rage when people are actually told "No, I don't want to make your crap."
    Because Race Yalm

Ew no.

Just make it permanent like SL specializations.
    Oh - would love that even more. Was figuring that FC wouldnt go that route, so was saying having to use the item would be better than keeping AT3 perked all the time.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

It's gonna be funny to watch the rage when people are actually told "No, I don't want to make your crap."
    b-b-b-but it's only a few clicks! Oh how they do rage...
    Waiting for a cure.

One other feeling against ts for nanos is need to rework our toons, after rebalance old setup might merrily still work. But for engis it's nanoskills bye-bye, and if we must reset them like used means regearing symbiants and some of us have gone with EoE which is tiny bit of a pain...
    Last edited by Ekarona; Mar 2nd, 2012 at 15:33:36. Reason: nanoskills not tradeskills duh
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    One other feeling against ts for nanos is need to rework our toons, after rebalance old setup might merrily still work. But for engis it's tradeskills bye-bye, and if we must reset them like used means regearing symbiants and some of us have gone with EoE which is tiny bit of a pain...
    None of us are looking forward to this. I get to spend an entire afternoon buffbegging and running around in a gimpsuit. Not that alphas are overly difficult to equip on an engi, but I really feel for the guys that did EoE, that sucks big time.
    Waiting for a cure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123