Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Towerwar history (Atlantean)

Towerwar history (Atlantean)

I've been logging/tracking all towerwar activity on Atlantean since September 2007. There's been a lot of fighting since then for sure! Both ingame over the fields, and on forums before and after.

A while ago, I was wondering just how much info I could possibly squeeze out from the three messages that I log; The "attacked", the "abandoned base" and the "victorious!" messages. The answer? A lot!

Without further ado, I give you:
    Timelapse of Atlantean TowerWar Activity (September 2007 - December 2011) - available in FullHD!

Out of all recorded history (September 2007 to early december 2011), the average SideXP is:
    Code:
       Omni: 9,156%
    Neutral: 4,118%
       Clan: 11,312%
    For the curious: Rimor Timelapse

If you want more details on towerwar activity, please see towerwars.info
    Last edited by Demoder; Dec 23rd, 2011 at 13:54:19.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Pretty
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Very nice Demodor

Thank you!

amgamgamgamg data!

Absolutely fascinating, as a new returner to the game what exactly happened in September 2009 which turned all the tower ownership to clan in less than a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigashadv View Post
    Absolutely fascinating, as a new returner to the game what exactly happened in September 2009 which turned all the tower ownership to clan in less than a week?
    20 pages of this happened.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

09:40 is the bomb.

oh and the 09 Summer, some fun times where had.

in before Mavritanic QQ

Nice!

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Very well done Demoder!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigashadv View Post
    Im sure someone will tell you otherwise. But what happened was that earlier than year orbital strike went from being lethal to not so lethal and previously clan SB had been fixed so that it did break omni SB root.

It took a few months for clan to get their act together and then clan took tl7 towers from omni and is still keeping it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Im sure someone will tell you otherwise. But what happened was that earlier than year orbital strike went from being lethal to not so lethal and previously clan SB had been fixed so that it did break omni SB root.

It took a few months for clan to get their act together and then clan took tl7 towers from omni and is still keeping it today.
    This isn't the only root cause, though. Omni had held a complete domination for so long that clans had gotten demoralized and either stopped trying or stopped playing. Thus a lot of Omni got bored of no PvP activity and also stopped playing. Then this change came about, gradually clan saw that they could win again (maybe a few came back - I personally did, even though I'm not much of a PvPer). Clans started winning, even more Omnis got demoralized and stopped trying or quit the game.

It was a snowball effect on both sides of the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    That.
    Clans had a wild morale rally, while Omni spent the past few yrs getting fat and lazy chasing grief/meep crews. Add to that the serious exodus of Omni leadership, and the major powerhouse pvp orgs.
    A lot of ppl, myself included, were not willing to spend hours fighting for bases, endure those stupid 4 hour "gank me plox" tower flags, just to return the high bases to the same old orgs, while hoping for the ttl 3-4 crumbs. So...we have what we have today.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

nice work!
    Proud advisor from Equilibrium
    Mrmartial 220/30/70 MA crit powaa
    Shadeeeey 220/30/70 shade
    Tinyminy 220/30/70 doc
    Nerfmeplx 207/30/70 Gnaker
    Speeedie 170/24/42 Tl5 twink
    Zomghalpplx 150/20/42 S10 farmer
    Phewphew 126/15/35 tl4 twink
    Nopeisdope 92/9/21 tl3 twink
    Minytiny 56/6/14 trader

Very nice Demoder..

The summer of 09 was indeed a fun time to be clan

Quote Originally Posted by lyledesol View Post
    Very nice Demoder..

The summer of 09 was indeed a fun time to be clan
    Indeed it was.
    Malentor - Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    This isn't the only root cause, though. Omni had held a complete domination for so long that clans had gotten demoralized and either stopped trying or stopped playing. Thus a lot of Omni got bored of no PvP activity and also stopped playing. Then this change came about, gradually clan saw that they could win again (maybe a few came back - I personally did, even though I'm not much of a PvPer). Clans started winning, even more Omnis got demoralized and stopped trying or quit the game.

It was a snowball effect on both sides of the timeline.
    You are saying the root cause of the 3 year omni dominance was not sb+os?

welcome to 1-side only server reality.
    Rk-1 - clan domination
    Rk-2 - omni domination.

Gratz FC!
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    welcome to 1-side only server reality.
    Rk-1 - clan domination
    Rk-2 - omni domination.

Gratz FC!
    No, grats to the hundreds of clan, omni, and neutral players you can see listed in the THOUSANDS of battles in that video for flying across Rubi Ka to generate some PvP fun.

Just because Mavritanic no longer has a ql 275 Focus doesn't mean those hundreds of players didn't enjoy themselves.

This thread is about the players who are no longer around that we're reminded of in that video, and the players who still are who are reminded just how long we've been enjoying NW (since long before 2009 even).

Put in a piece like that (thank you again Demodor) it shows what we've done over the years and how it takes two (sometimes three!) to tango.

This thread isn't about you Mavri, so let the people who are dedicated to NW enjoy it.

not me?

FC just keep ruined HiLevel NotumWars (2-3 years domination is very destructive for game). So, as result of long domination we have some pathologic effects now.

Yes, august 2009 was very hot on Atlantean, but it happen only after changes.

Well, i can understand, if FC don't want (probably) change NW before new balance. But i not see official info about ANY developers movement in the NW. So, this situation will be keeped, and i can understand it only as - for them it is not a significant matter. So, if somebody want something new in the open-world mass PvP - we can't waiting it in the AO, and we can start check new projects.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast