Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your romantic online relationship on MTV?

I contacted MTV about meeting up with Mandavel from my org. 8 days later, MTV contacted me back and told me She was actually a He. -_-
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    This is a train wreck waiting to happen.
    /thread
    Point Blank

So laik I was chattting with this gal 2 years ago, I was single and ya know online all th taim. So we got close and stuffz, she said she'd send me nude pictures if I gave her phatz and I gave her a a ql300 CC set...

I got nude pictures alright, my toons name written on ze belly and all. I mean it great except the 5.7 inch of pure love staring right at me. I was heart broken! Would MTV laik to run this story? I have the pictures still!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

lol for those whos brave enough to go public to the world to show how retarded they had to be to get a internet relationship is brave, so i wish em GL :P becose if they dont think this over they will problabe not be much fameous in the way they think. its kinda the most retraded thing irl. gameing addiction and internet boyfriend/girlfriend. this is no flame for those.. but seriously.. think over it. its a flame ish comment i gues, but its also a wakeup call for those who thinks it about fame to get this document on mtv.. and sure i will watch it problabe but i doubt this will get publicated in the way some here might think

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
    Do they still actually play music videos?
    There wasn't any music last time I checked...

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    lol for those whos brave enough to go public to the world to show how retarded they had to be to get a internet relationship is brave, so i wish em GL :P becose if they dont think this over they will problabe not be much fameous in the way they think. its kinda the most retraded thing irl. gameing addiction and internet boyfriend/girlfriend. this is no flame for those.. but seriously.. think over it. its a flame ish comment i gues, but its also a wakeup call for those who thinks it about fame to get this document on mtv.. and sure i will watch it problabe but i doubt this will get publicated in the way some here might think
    What about all those players who played AO and got married after meeting here, though?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    What about all those players who played AO and got married after meeting here, though?
    Did anyone actually do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Research caps are bad and Funcom should feel bad

Yes, people actually did that.

Darnit, wheres Docjones when i need him
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

I actually met my wife on Myspace.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

won't work. MMORPG = Many Men Online Role Playing Girls. Everyone knows there are no gurlz on teh intarwebs!
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

All jokes aside this seems sweet and sincere. There isn't one single thing wrong with meeting a person online, becoming friends, getting to know each other, meeting in real life, getting to know each other more, falling in love, getting married, and producing small human like carbon based lifeforms.

The problem is the general viewing audience that watch these type of shows will not find this entertaining. Not at all. Lets take a look at the show the OP presented as an example of what MTV is trying to do here...

Catfish

"Catfish is a 2010 American documentary involving a young man being filmed by his brother and friend as he builds a romantic relationship with a young woman on the social networking website Facebook."
    aww.. Isn't that sweet. BORING!!

The good part, the part that made this TV worthy of the general reality TV viewing audience, is the fact that the whole thing turned out to be a lie.

...snip... "He later finds evidence that Megan and Abby have made other false claims." ... snip... "Ariel urges his upset brother to continue the relationship for the documentary."
    We continue this impending train wreck to see people go to rehab, coming clean about the truth and other dark little family secrets that entertain us.

Now to put the icing on the cake...

"In an interview Ariel Schulman related that some viewers believe Catfish to be a fake documentary, or a hoax. Morgan Spurlock, director and subject of the documentary Super Size Me, walked up to the producers of the film during one of its initial screenings and told them "it was the best fake documentary I have ever seen". Comedian Zach Galifianakis also has stated that he does not believe the events in the film to be true.

Kyle Buchanan at Movieline questions why the filmmakers would begin obsessively documenting Nev's online relationship so early on, and argues that it is highly improbable that media-savvy professionals like the Schulmans and Joost would not use the Internet to research Megan and her family before meeting them. Others have also questioned the trio's decision to begin filming, as well as the seemingly improbable coincidence of them catching everything of importance to the story on film as it happens. It has also been pointed out that the group's supposed movements in Catfish are not documented in their public blog postings at the time and that at least one website mentioned in the Internet conversations shown in the film does not appear to have existed.
    This is what MTV wants... Just like Vallikat said.. "A train wreck" Why? Because train wrecks sell advertising space, because train wrecks bring is the audience = revenue. No train wreck? BORING!!

Hell, I'm all for it! If your down with this sort of thing then have at it. It will also be a nice marketing plug for FC = AO, right? They get to have AO plastered all over MTV!! So bring on the trains and good luck to those that get involved.
    Last edited by Roswell; Dec 8th, 2011 at 08:00:50. Reason: Add Stuff and Junk.
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

waddabout guys pretending to be girls pretending to be guys pretending to be girls in a MMO
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

your wrong, evryone wanna see people with low social ability, that rather choose a computer more than Real life. people are werry intrested to see how this kind of people behave and how their relationships are. 2x lovebirds gameing together.. cant get more fun to watch if your not a computer person.. me myself thinks this is odd. ofc i can also play, but when you have a IRL you also see the diffrence and how weird non IRL people are when we play with em ingame. they are werry intresting people
    i cant see how you cant find this entertaining.. the computer word ( EMO ) this spread like fire to IRL, becose irl people obviously has a intrest in Un social people, its not a cool thing to be caled emo for most guys, its like retard but worse :P and to see emo/retards on television with a crew that has a plan to make good tv. they will obviously not just tape this people without haveing a plan for it to be entertaining. as i said earlyer, i hope those who thinks this sounds like a great idea to think twice, becose i doubt this will give the people signing for this a postive effect after MTV is done with em. and yes i know Net dateing is usual, but Game Dateing..its 2 big diffrent things ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
    All jokes aside this seems sweet and sincere. There isn't one single thing wrong with meeting a person online, becoming friends, getting to know each other, meeting in real life, getting to know each other more, falling in love, getting married, and producing small human like carbon based lifeforms.

The problem is the general viewing audience that watch these type of shows will not find this entertaining. Not at all. Lets take a look at the show the OP presented as an example of what MTV is trying to do here...

Catfish

aww.. Isn't that sweet. BORING!!

The good part, the part that made this TV worthy of the general reality TV viewing audience, is the fact that the whole thing turned out to be a lie.

We continue this impending train wreck to see people go to rehab, coming clean about the truth and other dark little family secrets that entertain us.

Now to put the icing on the cake...

This is what MTV wants... Just like Vallikat said.. "A train wreck" Why? Because train wrecks sell advertising space, because train wrecks bring is the audience = revenue. No train wreck? BORING!!

Hell, I'm all for it! If your down with this sort of thing then have at it. It will also be a nice marketing plug for FC = AO, right? They get to have AO plastered all over MTV!! So bring on the trains and good luck to those that get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    your wrong, evryone wanna see people with low social ability, that rather choose a computer more than Real life. people are werry intrested to see how this kind of people behave and how their relationships are. 2x lovebirds gameing together.. cant get more fun to watch if your not a computer person.. me myself thinks this is odd. ofc i can also play, but when you have a IRL you also see the diffrence and how weird non IRL people are when we play with em ingame. they are werry intresting people
    i cant see how you cant find this entertaining.. the computer word ( EMO ) this spread like fire to IRL, becose irl people obviously has a intrest in Un social people, its not a cool thing to be caled emo for most guys, its like retard but worse :P and to see emo/retards on television with a crew that has a plan to make good tv. they will obviously not just tape this people without haveing a plan for it to be entertaining. as i said earlyer, i hope those who thinks this sounds like a great idea to think twice, becose i doubt this will give the people signing for this a postive effect after MTV is done with em. and yes i know Net dateing is usual, but Game Dateing..its 2 big diffrent things ! ! !
    You're assuming that people choose to meet someone through the computer rather than out in person, but I'd figure that it just sort of happens when people have interaction with eachother. Why would it be any different just because it's through a digital medium like a game?

And you're wrong on your other assumption; "emo" is not a "computer word", but a designation of a subculture. That's then been picked up as slur, like "gay", and so many other things, because some people don't "get it".

Quote Originally Posted by FlowBax View Post
    You live under a rock?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

yeah wiki ftw but evryone that calls someone a emo that is rather often in games is always ment to be offensive to throw trash and evryone takes it werry hard. and i doubt they take it hard if we gonna go out from your wiki emo/tard is the same in a game, but insted of caling someone crybaby retard they rather say emo

You're assuming that people choose to meet someone through the computer rather than out in person, but I'd figure that it just sort of happens when people have interaction with eachother. Why would it be any different just because it's through a digital medium like a game?

And you're wrong on your other assumption; "emo" is not a "computer word", but a designation of a subculture. That's then been picked up as slur, like "gay", and so many other things, because some people don't "get it".

You live under a rock?

What would I need wiki for it's common knowledge what the emo culture is emo you wouldn't call anyone unless they're being overly emotional about something. If you do, you're the one being the tard cause it doesn't make any sense but then, non-english speakers and ignorants etc. generally just make up their own versions of what something means and then go about just saying weird things and using the wrong words. This is always funny
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by FlowBax View Post
    ask sparklygrl and tarryk.... they are married and both of them are playing AO :O
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Tarryk and Sprklygrrl knew each other from RL actually. So not a good example.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

"There are no women on the internets" I've always loved this saying.

Chances are, if you have been told that by someone.. its a woman in disguise that wants nothing to do with you. Whatever unfortunate process that you may have undergone to actually believe this saying, well... you have my condolences. :P
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast