Thread: Omni-Tek Armed Forces Field Manual

Omni-Tek Armed Forces Field Manual

(( This is a work in progress I have had on my laptop for a while.

Disclaimer: This Document is an attempt to cover specific topics which sometimes come across as a little gray. Until concrete information on a topic is made available please feel free to comment on the speculative ideas, post your own, or even adopt them into your story. The following is derived mostly from: Brainstorming Session – Omni-Tek Law and Order))

Omni-Tek
    Armed Forces

Pocket Manual

----------

Table of Contents:

3. Forward from Adm. Steele
    4. Mission Statement
    5. Omni-GF
    6. Omni-NF
    7. Omni-EF
    8. Command Structures
    10. Ranks
    12. Officers
    13. Military Service Chiefs
    14. Chain of Command
    15. Local Theaters of Operations

----------

Forward

From the desk of Admiral Montgomery Steele:

Congratulations on choosing a career of service to your fellow man and to Omni-Tek. By joining the most prestigious military in the universe you have the privilege of serving on some of the most exciting, spectacular and breathtaking frontiers in the known universe.

[WIP]

----------

Mission Statement

The Omni-Tek Armed Forces are responsible for providing the military forces needed to deter war and protect the security of The Corporation.

The major elements of these forces are the Army, Navy and Expeditionary Force, consisting of millions of men and women on active duty across the Milky Way. Of these, some 40,000 -- including about 5,000 on vessels at sea -- are serving here on Rubi-Ka. They are backed, in case of emergency, by the more than 1,000,000,000 employees who will willing take up arms in defense of The Corporation.

Under the CEO of The Corporation, who is also Supreme Commander of the Military, the Secretary of Defense exercises authority, direction, and control over the Armed Forces, which includes the separately organized military departments of Army, Navy, and Expeditionary Force, the Joint Chiefs of Staff providing military advice, the unified and specified combatant commands, and various defense agencies established for specific purposes.

----------

Omni-Tek Ground Forces

The Omni-Tek Ground Forces (Omni-GF) serve as Omni-Tek’s Army and primary ground forces. They are the largest of the three military branches and have a presence on just about every world which Omni-Tek owns or has interests on. Roles of the Omni-GF would include Soldiers, Combat Engineers, Combat Medics, Localized Pilots/Drivers, Artillery Crew, etc.

----------

Omni-Tek Naval Forces

The Omni-Tek Naval Forces (Omni-NF) serve as Omni-Tek’s main combat fleet serving both a Force Projection role as well as a Provisional one. The Omni-NF are the smallest of the three branches of the Omni-Tek Military. Roles of the Omni-NF would include Sailors, Combat Medics for the Omni-EF, Mechanics, Hi-Tech Engineers, Long Range/Fighter Pilots, etc.

----------

Omni-Tek Expeditionary Forces

The Omni-Tek Expeditionary Forces (Omni-EF) serve as Omni-Tek’s fist in an initial conflict. The Omni-EF deliver on the Force Projection created by the Omni-NF by taking advantage of Omni-NF’s speed and mobility. Serving primarily aboard Omni-NF vessels the Omni-EF will deliver themselves directly into a conflict via Troopships. Roles of the Omni-EF would include Soldiers, Commandos, Demolitions Expert, Assault Landing Pilots, etc.

----------

Command Structures

Peace Time:

During peace time The Omni-Tek Armed Forces is commanded by a Joint Chiefs of Staff. Military Decisions are made via general consensus of the Joint Chiefs and subject to Executive Veto from the Omni-Tek CEO. Orders can be issued by any member of the Joint Chiefs into the Command Structure of any branch of the Armed Forces. These Orders will trickle down until they reach the regional command structure.

Fig A.

----------

Command Structures cont.

War Time:

During war time The Omni-Tek Armed Forces is commanded by a Joint Chiefs of Staff who have direct and exclusive command over their Armies and Fleets. Military Decisions are made by the Ranking General or Admiral and are subject to Executive Veto from the Omni-Tek CEO. Orders can only be issued directly down the branch’s chain of command and the commanders can only command the resources in their branches resource pools.

Fig. B.

----------

Ranks

Below is an overview of the Unified Ranking System (URS) used by uniformed militaries of the First Class, which the Omni-Tek Armed Forces is.

Officers:

O-10 General/Admiral
    O-9 Lt. General/Vice Admiral
    O-8 Major General/Rear Admiral
    O-7 Brigadier (General)/ Commodore (Admiral)
    O-6 Colonel
    O-5 Commander
    O-4 Major
    O-3 Captain
    O-2 Lieutenant
    O-1 Junior Lieutenant

----------

Ranks cont.

Enlisted:

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer
    E-8 Chief Petty Officer
    E-7 Petty Officer
    E-6 Master Sergeant
    E-5 First Sergeant
    E-4 Sergeant
    E-3 Corporal
    E-2 Private
    E-1 Recruit
    E-0 Cadet

----------

Officers

Officers of the Omni-Tek Armed Forces are broken up into three categories; Junior Officers, Field Officers and Star Officers.

Junior officers include O1, O2 and O3 and typically command Small Squads. Responsibilities generally include Basic/Support (O1), Standard/Combat (O2) and Elite/Spec Ops (O3)

Field Officers Include O4, O5 and O6 and typically command Companies, Bases and Vessels. Responsibilities generally include Basic/Support (O4), Standard/Combat (O5) and Elite/Spec Ops (O6)

Star Officers are O7, O8, O9 and O10.
    Star Officers command Armies and Fleets of increasing power and size depending on the number of Stars the Officer commands.

((* Players should never assume a rank higher than O4.
    ** If you wish to possess a rank of O5 or Greater you should seek special permission from ARK-Events.
    ***A Rank of O5 or greater can be assumed at any time if the character is currently retired. The character should only be recalled to active duty by a member of ARK-Events due to holding a rank of O5 or greater.))

----------

Military Service Chiefs

Each branch of the Omni-AF is commanded by a panel of three Service Chiefs. The nine Services Chiefs make up the Joint Chiefs who report to the Director of Defense (DoD) who is subordinate to the CEO.

The Role of the Joint Chiefs is to advise the DoD on active military operations. During times of peace such advisement is come to by majority vote by the nine Chiefs. In War Time, however, decision making capabilities are made by the individual branches and then reported to the DoD.

Orders from the Joint Chiefs are relayed directly to highest applicable Flag Officer and disseminated down the Chain of Command.

----------

Chain of Command

Orders in the military are rigidly organized and are designed to flow straight up and down to minimize cross-interference.

Orders from the Omni-GF Service Chiefs will flow down the chain of command to the highest available authority for the particular base or planet. These orders do not apply to any Omni-NF or Omni-EF forces operating in the same theater.

Example:

If you are an Omni-GF soldier on the frontier world of Rubi-Ka your orders will be given by Lt. Gen Robert Rosuma.

If you are an Omni-NF Pilot operating on or around Rubi-Ka your orders will be given by Vice Adm. Armand Jones.

If Lt. Gen. Rosuma orders a ceasefire and you are an Omni-NF pilot, his orders would not belay your current attack orders.

----------

Local Theaters of Operations:

(GF/EF) Rubi-Ka Southern Command – RKSOUTHCOM – Headquarters: Lush Fields

(GF/EF) Rubi-Ka Northern Command – RKNORTHCOM – Headquarters: Avalon

(GF/EF) Rubi-Ka Central Command – RKCENTCOM – Headquarters: Borealis

(N/A) Rubi-Ka Artery Valley Command – RKARTCOM – Headquarters: Outpost 10-3 – Operation Abandoned

(NF/EF) Rubi-Ka Orbital Command – RKORBICOM – Headquarters: Fleet Carrier OTS Golden Eagle
    Last edited by Trousers; Nov 3rd, 2013 at 06:51:50.

Reserved, I guess.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

showoff
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

heh. people gettin' their geek on.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

OOC:

Not to nitpick, but may I suggest current military ranks.

Army/Navy
    Colonel/Captain
    Major/Commander
    Captain/ Lt. Commander
    Lieutenant/Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant/Lieutenant Jr Grade

But looks good.
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Dec 8th, 2011 at 08:48:45.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    OOC:

Not to nitpick, but may I suggest current military ranks.

Army/Navy
    Colonel/Captain
    Major/Commander
    Captain/ Lt. Commander
    Lieutenant/Lieutenant
    2nd Lieutenant/Lieutenant Jr Grade
    I spent a lot of time hacking over ranks.

Ranks

Below is an overview of the Unified Ranking System (URS) used by uniformed militaries of the First Class, which the Omni-Tek Armed Forces is.
    This was selected to allow players the opportunity to memorize one ranking system which would apply across the board to all branches. I don't think players enjoy needing to look at notes to determine if the army guy is a higher rank than the navy guy.

But, that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    But looks good.
    Thank you.

Pocket Manual doesn't have a part number.... everything Omnitek owns has a part number, they're so paranoid
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Can I point out, with Gunfytr, your ranks slip in and out of different services and I'm not sure it was intentional. Your OR's are also a bit funny.

E-9 Master Chief Petty Officer
    E-8 Chief Petty Officer
    E-7 Petty Officer
    E-6 Master Sergeant
    E-5 First Sergeant
    E-4 Sergeant
    E-3 Corporal
    E-2 Private
    E-1 Recruit
    You have pongos up to E-6 and then you slide into Naval ranks E-7 to E-9. I am not overly familiar with Master ranks, however, PO is equivalent to Sergeant, CPO equivalent to Colour/Staff/Flight Sergeant, and I presume your Master ranks are equivalent to Warrant Officer's. Doesn't really matter but if you are aiming for rough translation from modern day, then you have missed.

You have also missed my bloody service completely and I am not amused. Infractshun incoming...

No, really good effort Trousers, and I'm pleased to see real activity in these forums of late!
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    You have also missed my bloody service completely and I am not amused. Infractshun incoming...
    That's fine. I actually don't have an Infraction for 2011 yet, and I am kind of bummed about that.

The issue with the RAF is one that I had with Event Director Devdas a while back and it's just going to go down as a difference of opinion; where I am feel I am correct, naturally.

When Vessels move from the Sea to Space, either the Navy will (Think BSG) or the Air Force will (Think StarGate SG:1) take over space operations and will effectively render the other branch obsolete at the Galactic Level.

This position was was made in the cited work which references the use of Coast Guards and Air Forces for 'Back water' operations.

In my model the Navy took space supremacy which is why Air Force ranks are not proportionately represented.

Omni-Air Force, meanwhile at HQ...

"What ho, old bean! Seems those soap slackers have been tipping the cabbage crates over on our jacksies!"

"Good heavens, sport! Scramble the Omlets and lets show these blighters what-for!"

Omni-AF
    Spiffing!
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

This Manual NEEDS to be in-game.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrestus View Post
    Omni-Air Force, meanwhile at HQ...

"What ho, old bean! Seems those soap slackers have been tipping the cabbage crates over on our jacksies!"

"Good heavens, sport! Scramble the Omlets and lets show these blighters what-for!"

Omni-AF
    Spiffing!
    Your Python knowledge is excellent, sah. As above, an excellent effort and well done on your work Trousers.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Added a topic on Theaters of Operations.

In the wake of the passing of Robert Rosuma the following addition to the Omni-AF Strategy Guide is being added.

Again... This Manual NEEDS to be in-game.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.