Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 25th, 2011 - Less words more screens

This looks a lot better than what I expected
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

So just to be sure, we will be able to continue using the old client even after this new engine is rolled out and if so will we be able to enjoy possible new content?

Also maybe think about having an AO classic server once re-balance changes go live so we can still enjoy the same game we enjoy today.

I guess to quantify my first statement the reason I play AO and not something more shiney and modern, I always feel so cramped or boxed in with the visuals and layout. I get that same feeling from the screens that were posted. I love the open feeling that AO has had for it's many years.
    Last edited by Gaveup; Nov 25th, 2011 at 21:28:39.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

These are the pictures that I have waited for years!!! ATLEAST WE ARE HERE WOOwoo

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    Also maybe think about having an AO classic server once re-balance changes go live so we can still enjoy the same game we enjoy today.
    Yeah that's the one thing AO could really use, dividing of the population between more servers. How many years must we beg for some breathing room!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Enjoy your vacation with the family, Means.
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

In the case of you going for the cellshaded look of that swamp shot i couldn't be more happy because that is exactly like the game art you got everywhere that looks so muck better then the actuall, current, game!

Impressive...

most impressive.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Much better screens then before
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

very very nice screens. I'm amazed just how much the lighting has an effect on the game, the screen with the new terminals looked the most amazing IMO, not only did it show off the new terminals and lighting, it showed just how much the engine improves some of the older textures and models without even having to replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    I guess to quantify my first statement the reason I play AO and not something more shiney and modern, I always feel so cramped or boxed in with the visuals and layout. I get that same feeling from the screens that were posted. I love the open feeling that AO has had for it's many years.
    I know exactly how that feels, but .. AO will still be the same environment, it'll just have these way nicer graphics.

Really great to see progress new areas, and some of the newer, more advanced locations too looking great btw!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Seeing these tribal houses in the jungle made me think about it ...

In AO i always felt a lot of stuff were not scaling well ; toons looks like giant close to most door / house. Aditionnally the geometry/proportions always seemed a bit funky to me, even if i did get used to it and that getting a "wide screen" didn't arrange anything. But i always felt like the whole game was stretched (vertically). Any plan to arrange that ? Stretch everything the other way around ?

Also, what about field of view etc ; i hate what they do in game like CoD MW2/3 & co, it's very narrow. But some other game get a very realistic and immersive field of view / general geometry / scale (i believe it's linked), like Mass Effect or Mirror's Edge, for instance ...

AO looks both stretched and sadly flat at the moment :/

I almost lost my faith in the new engine but these screens brought it right back! Looking good!

new engine > naked women

can't wait for it to hit live... tho TF2 runs @9 FPS on this laptop under DX9 mode D:
    hopefully by the time it goes live, I'll have a new desktop built from newegg.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    Awesome work!

A picture is worth a thousand words, so that is 5000 amirite?
    quote kintaii: "still n00b"
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

With the new lighting I think Borealis needs a catwalk to sport new thongs with Trox's under such conditions.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gliese View Post
    With the new lighting I think Borealis needs a catwalk to sport new thongs with Trox's under such conditions.
    Isn't that the purpose of the buildings and wall near the Bor grid already?
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

Quote Originally Posted by Arriviste View Post
    Isn't that the purpose of the buildings and wall near the Bor grid already?
    The Purpose yes. But is there a catwalk? no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39YUXIKrOFk

Are these fake? I heard rumours the engine is fake...

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    BAD Heilt! put it back where it belongs!

As for how much GPU will be used, Id think about 100% more
    How much is 100% more of 0% again? lol
    Tsarbomba .: Test:.190 Atrox NT.: RK1:.160 NM NT .:RK2:. 83 NM NT

Really pretty... But with this I suddenly feel like I want to get back into the wild and kill mobs outdoor.

RK outdoor xp boost canhaz?
    Just log your 220.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast