Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2ho isnt fun anymore...

Originally posted by Znails
    uhm.. i think omni could use a dedicated pvp-chat-bot like the one clan has.. i mean it will atleast remove one obstacle..

i think thats mainly why clanners can gather ppl more easily.. im usually in our bot no matter what i do.. and usually you get bored with missioning or something and you know whats going on pvpwize.. just pop into 2ho and say buffage in the bot and feel the love

this way you wouldnt have to go look for ppl in your faction that wants to pvp.. if they do.. then they will be in the bot.

oh well, just a thought
    Agreed, last time I was in 2ho with another omni agent fighting/zoning against 10+ clanners for over 4 hours. I spammed OT OOC with a newb omni alt via AORC but whoever came left when they realized we were outnumbered. I got chain rooted/alphaed to death about 6 times that day but that didn't keep me from staying. Anyway, A PvP-chat-bot for omnis would be sweet.

Half

Aye, very many good points here people. I totally agree with this stupid debuff crap. However as i realize u cannot ask someone to not debuff, i think the debuffs should wear off as u zone though. Or at least have a decreased time or people would just zone and come back ASAP. Yes, people camp zone in areas, however whenever I am there i encourage everyone not to camp the whompas etc. So you omni can get organized. It ends up though after you guys have all zoned into 2ho 1/2 of you are on hill and the other half are hugging the whompa. And when you think we are hugging bunkers were usually allowing for you people to come in and have a chance.

Also on another note, you omnis have to stop being selfish and camping the damn bunkers as halfdeck mentioned, camping any zone in spot will rarely get you a kill, it will just end up as endless hours of boredom.

Anyone accusing me of being a "chicken" etc. just ask halfdeck what happened when there were 6 omni that one time and only me at the time

Suggestion : Omni stop hugging your damn titles and fight with some courage, if you would stand and fight maybe you would have a chance. Everyone work as a team, get a chat bot and you should see yourselves achieve better things. And funcom do something about insane debuff times cause it ruins 2ho.
    Experienced Leroy "Johiyat" Gaviglia
    200 Clan Martial Artist

Slayer of Omni-tek
    --------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%
    Achiever 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Explorer 6%

How to join the clan pvp chat bot please ?

I don't know you Johiyat, but I really hope your just trying to aggravate us Omnis to come PvP more with these posts, else I'd think you where a complete moron.

Send me a tell, ill add you

When ever im there i do try and ask if we can let omni take the hill
    but they hardly ever do

Too much guard hugging me thinks

Talking

hehe sorry johiyat you zone as much as me and im the zone queen and if people are stoopid enought o stand near a zone point , expect to get debuffed

Solution, make 2ho have grid access only and take out bunker access, whompas, and guards, dont forget mobs cause then lowbies cant pvp without being killed by the seasoned
    Experienced Leroy "Johiyat" Gaviglia
    200 Clan Martial Artist

Slayer of Omni-tek
    --------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%
    Achiever 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Explorer 6%

That won't work because everyone cannot zone in at the same time and the ones who zone in first will get crushed by the opposing team.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

Originally posted by xoox
    How to join the clan pvp chat bot please ?
    MM, ask on guild chat, everyone knows the command to get invited.

If they admin'd it then ask Mess he can invite you.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Well, i still find 2ho fun. Despite the zoning, which we ALL do no matter how much we hate it, it gives a battlefield warlike experience having 6 people rush 6 others. I like the urban setting and the 'hotspots' of 2ho, and how they're set up, too.

I think the people saying both sides need to shape up are abseloutley correct. Of course it's true that omni has less pvp-dedicated people, but im talking about the 'tactics' being used. When the clanners camp the whompa, omni becomes uninterested because there is simply no way to penetrate all the people we place on the hill when we DO camp it, grid entry or not. It's been like this ever since TC broke, i've noticed - I remember when we used to have 20 people at the hill and there would be big battles near the whompa, which would sometimes result in clan losing...it just doesn't happen anymore. What happens is that all the bandwagoner pvp'ers you've never seen before think that 2ho is all about zone camping, clans get bored, omnis there give up, numbers on both sides decrease, however more will be called into action by omni because clan's victory goes to our head...The next thing you know all our numbers have reduced to 5, because of the boredom, and 30 omnis sweep in. It happened last night. We held 2ho for about 4-5 hours, and i must say it was a very disorganized attack on omni's part. I'm pretty sure its what inspired Johiyat to make this thread. Then at about 10 o clock eastern Jacksr and firedragon rounded up an omni army 25+ strong. The remaining 5 of us were forced back into the bunker, and again, the bandwagoner pvp'ers are what destroy these battles. Let me tell you what happens.

You'll zone out as a clanner, and see a ton of omni faces you've never seen before, no titles(not that im saying this matters a whole lot), no nothin - you've NEVER seen these people hit another player before or even enter a 25% zone. The more honorable omni pvp'er are moving back to the hill to give clans a chance similar to how clanners tell each other to move back to bunkers, but the noobs keep zone camping...Soon enough you're reduced to being able to do nothing, and we blame each other for leaving? Or blaming each other how lame we are debuffing and zoning the people camping us, or me alpha'ing all the brats who run into bunkers saying 'clan sucks' even though the rest of their friends were the ones who did the work? I'm telling you, having a fully automatic weapon rocks. Nothing fills me up more than seeing one of those trash-talking bandwagoners do a polish dance to a bunker in a root or a snare and then get alpha'd for 40% hp a special, and then send you tells about how 'lucky' you are or what a 'gimp' you are. There would be a lot less rant posts about 2ho if some respect was taught.

Now i'll be honest - I bunker hop like a rabbit when i'm outnumbered...For someone to come to me and say i'm a ***** because i won't alpha someone who's HP will definately be only 50% after it and i'm killed immediately after, im sorry but that's simply ridiculous. There are reasons for zoning, reasons for debuffing and then zoning, and its all to stop people from camping. As far as my 'bunker hopping' method i find it extremely effective. The better group of omni players usually know what i'm doing when i bunker hop. I've seen some higher level omnis find it so funny they just sit there and let me do it to the small ones. The brats are so new at pvp that theyll follow me just to keep their own satisfaction...their feeling..."I 0wnzor stromm." Soon enough i'm out of dangerous debuff/gun range and i have one, two, three even sometimes 4 less problems to worry about after a gunshot or two.

This dude last night named 'Spear1,' never seen em before. After all the omnis saw i was the only one who was willing to stay in 2ho, they all just left. I caught this guy when he was alone. Rooted his tms, came back, and he ran for the zone. Then he calls me a *****. Then i see some green NT...she runs instantly because of the simple fact i am higher level than her, when i've been killed by green NTs that use crown/IEF on me. She didn't even try, and i nailed her. I go back to the bunker, this MA who kept following me left, and then i zone out to see this level 140 agent who is standing right beside the bunker, not even sneaked. I decided to test his pH..perhaps he was afk. Grace ran out, and he attacked me. i alpha'd him, and he started running immediately, and killed him. The whole time i was thinking 'could he really be this stupid?' The point of this isn't to brag how i raped the heck out of lower levels, its to show that they are lacking pvp knowledge and they need it before they can pvp responsibly, and do well. It isn't fun to fight people who act like mobs.

Clan does this too. And i think it's time we taught the new pvp'ers to be a little bit more sportsmanlike. I can remember being such an ******* to all the arena gankers, sending them hate tells when i was a lower level and just getting into pvp, but now i know a lot of these people, and i can call most of them my friends in AO now. Of course some of these people will whine at me after i got them back for ganking me at level 90, but hey, they had the choice to shake hands and they were the ones that said 'no' the way i see it.

A lot of people reading that it's someone like me saying this will probably say 'well stromm you're a bit arrogant too.' I'll admit it, it's true, i have that problem sometimes. However i find pvp fun when me and other omni like Maddiganed can exchange each other tells of 'nice shot' 'good fight' rather than '**** you ganker' from a person i never did anything personal to, or say anything personal to from an antagonist stance. These are the people who i'll be a complete ******* to and i feel it's within reason.

2HO is most spontaneous when it comes to the fun gauge. Sometimes it can be considered 'lame,' 'empty' 'fun' 'awesome night.' Different things happen. All lame tactics will happen to lame people, and then they are the first to cry for nerfs. I have but one thing to say:

PvP is a blood sport, if you can't bleed then shape up or ship out.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

hehe, thnx cy, its just that I havent logged in a while, but Im thinking to now, to pvp, so would be nice to have a chat channel with pvp happenings...

cool deal.

Yaaawwwwnn.....

Bored of 2ho...

Camelots a snooze...

Arena's a bad Joke...

/me whips out Black Hawk Down Demo for some fun. ( no zones either)

See y'all in the next game !!!!
    "In this great future, you can't forget your past"

Robert Nesta Marley

also i would likle to add that zones help the lower players as well ,
    no fun getting whopped when your lvl 125 against a lvl 200 now is there people got to be able to fall back
    and to tell you the truth most people wont fight for long in a places where you cant zone or have no safe area IE the box room
    OH im sure they will say they will or do
    but i dont think so

hmmm...

I do hear yer point polgra, however i dont see alot of lvl 120s using the zone tactics in 2ho - i see lvl 200s doing it.

Ive had many soldiers tell me they will NEVER pvp if they cant zone.

So... is that the deal ?? no one wants to fight + risk death ?? I think notium wars will be a big flop if this is the case.
    "In this great future, you can't forget your past"

Robert Nesta Marley

Originally posted by polgra
    also i would likle to add that zones help the lower players as well ,
    no fun getting whopped when your lvl 125 against a lvl 200 now is there people got to be able to fall back
    and to tell you the truth most people wont fight for long in a places where you cant zone or have no safe area IE the box room
    OH im sure they will say they will or do
    but i dont think so
    the zero risk thing bugs ppl... and when a lvl 125 can seriously hurt a lv 200 with a debuff, with zero risk... its a problem.

we're all convinced it benefits you tho, rest assured
    Guru - Averykins "Kylee6" Submissiv (15% River Series 6 Princess of 2002)
    Clan Eternal Fury

Re: hmmm...

Originally posted by Lostpacket
    Ive had many soldiers tell me they will NEVER pvp if they cant zone.
    That's just because soldiers are too gimped to do anything else.

Well why people zone? Becasue they can, even if they dont like it others do it.

In other games where there is no sush thing as bunkers and zones you just fight to the death or run.
    Last edited by Julia; Oct 18th, 2002 at 02:00:49.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Re: hmmm...

Originally posted by Lostpacket
    [BIve had many soldiers tell me they will NEVER pvp if they cant zone.
    [/B]
    True that, but why shouldnt soldier zone when after i alpha someone he takes his 40% hp left in a bunker rather then even tryin to shoot me and im only attacked when theres either johy/patk/hunter/celestiness or abid ? i never see anyone else attacking me one on one after an alpha (actually not all the above do it ... only pat,johy and celess dont zone) specially docs even tho i would get owned pretty bad...
    Infamine 200 soljah

lol, what Hermy said...so true.

You guys bunker hop and zone as much as Omni, when the odds aren't in your favor.......even you Joh :P
    -Zindel- Novice 200 Opifex MA
    -Clematis- Apprentice 180 Opifex Fixer
    -Bushwhacker- 135 Atrox Enforcer
    General of Mecenaries of Kai [TaG]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast