Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2ho isnt fun anymore...

2ho isnt fun anymore...

After many long hours of 2ho, it has gotten to the point where it just isnt fun anymore. Some reasons are as follows:

1. People Zone
    2. People Zone
    3. People Zone
    4. People zone
    5. People zone

Anyway we all know that. But there is other things that contribute to the degrading quality of 2ho as well. (No opponant).

Omni I am asking you please please, organise urselves! You guys look like a out there and when u have 20 people and cant kill one person there is a problem. Get urselves organised!

Oh and BTW - please when you see the message "Attacked by..." that doesnt mean go zone ASAP, maybe if u omni held your ground and fought back you might actually kill someone.

I am not sayin i havent zoned or what not but please omni get some organisation so we can actually have some decent battles instead of a complete wipe out everytime. Other suggestions are welcome to the improvement of 2ho.

My 2 cents...
    Experienced Leroy "Johiyat" Gaviglia
    200 Clan Martial Artist

Slayer of Omni-tek
    --------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%
    Achiever 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Explorer 6%

I might add a few things:
    6. people debuff and zone
    7. people debuff and zone
    8. people debuff and zone
    9. people debuff and zone
    10. people debuff and zone
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

LOL

You'll know it when us oldsters are back.

We are kind of busy gettting some of the new gear they have been introducing

We'll be in touch....
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

New gear so you can stare at reclaim and camp bosses for endless hours? Hmmmm... sounds fun.
    Experienced Leroy "Johiyat" Gaviglia
    200 Clan Martial Artist

Slayer of Omni-tek
    --------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%
    Achiever 66%
    Socializer 40%
    Explorer 6%

Sorry we aren't there to provide you entertainment lol

And the bosses we are taking down tend not to be camped hehe
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Server First!

Originally posted by Vergil
    LOL

You'll know it when us oldsters are back.

We are kind of busy gettting some of the new gear they have been introducing

We'll be in touch....
    what new gear is that anyway? does it make you zone faster or something ?

Originally posted by Vergil
    Sorry we aren't there to provide you entertainment lol

And the bosses we are taking down tend not to be camped hehe
    So it's you guys that keeps Ownz and Joo busy atm
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

You're basically right Johiyat. This is a following of a 'good' session:

Omni: Someone take charge.
    *silence*
    2nd,3rd,4th,5th omni: Someone take charge. Someone start a chat. Someone call target.
    *silence*
    3rd Omni: This is boring. Logging. Gl all.
    *silence*
    Omni: K, we'll use ot ooc as chat. I'll call target. There are only 4 clanners, and 8 of us. We'll charge and kill the trader.
    *silence*
    Omni: Everyone get that?
    *silence*
    Omni zone through whompa. Takes about 1 minute to get all 8 in to 2ho for some reason.
    Omni: Charge the hill. Target is <insert one of the zillion clan traders who live at 2ho>
    Omni is charging and noticing that there are 7 blue dots hugging the whompa.
    Omni is chain rooted by 3-4 people and killed.
    Omni wonders wtf is up with omni and how they can't kill anything even with 2 on 1 numbers.
    Omni never bothers with 2ho again.

In all seriousness though, the above is an example of how it is when it is good. Usually omni can't even be bothered to have people calling targets there. 90% of the time no one takes charge, and no one creates a channel because most omni have an attitude of 'wth are you to tell me what to do.' Hell, usually omni can't be bothered to even show up there. :P And half the time you can't get a buff out of another omni. :P I've lost count of the times I went in with 4 soldiers, and no rrfe for example. :P Still, the 1% of the time it is organized, it is fun again.

Do wish more omni would put some effort at 2ho.
    Last edited by Zylina; Oct 16th, 2002 at 08:21:47.

Everytime I'm there its the Clans who are hugging the Barracks, not Omni, even if we're outnumbered 2 to 1.

Maybe its because I play a character with highly annoying crowd control ability.

/shrug
    Last edited by Psiraven; Oct 16th, 2002 at 08:25:08.
    MP's should be FEARED.

2HO

im a big noob in 2Ho

but im totaly aggree with you

first we need more pvp place
    (with grid or whompas and save near not a zone in DAV with 5 mins of travel to go in)

second we need more good pvper in ot faction who know how to play
    im open to all advices and i read all post

third we are all here for fun im pissed off beeing insulted when after a kill i know some clanner who the same prob.

so bump

milajojovich ot agent

What Psi Said

Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Server First!

uhm.. i think omni could use a dedicated pvp-chat-bot like the one clan has.. i mean it will atleast remove one obstacle..

i think thats mainly why clanners can gather ppl more easily.. im usually in our bot no matter what i do.. and usually you get bored with missioning or something and you know whats going on pvpwize.. just pop into 2ho and say buffage in the bot and feel the love

this way you wouldnt have to go look for ppl in your faction that wants to pvp.. if they do.. then they will be in the bot.

oh well, just a thought
    Znails

While not as experienced

I have fought in 2HO many times, both with my main and my alt (silverb).

There seem to be two variants on the theme (even when we have chats and are fairly organized the same 2 things happen).

1. We gather at 10-3, get buffed to the hilt, agree on primary professions to go for or specific names if we have spotters in 2HO.
    We also agree on flankers if we are enough to do it. Countdown and into whompa we go.

The lag from so many zoning means I have about 2 secs left of pvp grace when I come out, and BOOM... Attacked by (multiplied by the number of clanners in 2HO), Divested by (mulitplied by the number of clan traders in 2HO, xxxx clan doctor forces your ncu to run uncontrollable body tremors.... Please wait...

2. Everything as before, but this time we are allowed to zone in unopposed (almost). Clanners are zoning in and out of bunker not staying long enough to attack. Depending on the characters present this will now go one of two ways. Either the clanners log/grid out because Omni forces are too thickheaded to pull back a little or Patk9 and other hardcore pvpers will fight close to door and zone..zone.....zone. Granted they do stay out far longer than others and run a real risk of getting killed. So hats off for that...but in the end we are both using the same tactics, zoning until its boring, or flooding the spawnpoint.

All of this has led me to bring my agent alt to 2HO more and more. The clans usually have one or two scouts out who are <75. Silver just loves AS`ing these guys, and the fighting is much more fun because these guys will stick to the fighting until the end.

Both factions need to learn to leave a bit of manouvering space for eachother... otherwise it wil be zone zone zone until someone gets tired of it and logs off.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Talking

Hehe Johi, I would say its the clanners who are a bit too well organized..

<clan grunt>: Sir, there is 5 omni at the hill waiting for us...

<clan general>>: Hold those horses son, we are only 10,
    lets call in 15 more clanners before we leave the bunker and deploy our l33t locust tactics...

Meanwhile at the hill:

<omni grunt>: Sir, there are 40 clanners buffing up at Athens grid, and 15 more clanners just stacked up in the bunker, they should maybe dare attack us soon.

<omni corporal>: Excellent private, they hold us in fear as they should, lets fall back and call in the airstrike...
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Unhappy Hmm

2HO for a lowbie clanner (148 Trader)

Clanners on the hill in 2 ho, omnis thru the whompa "Organizing".

So...After 1-2 hours of waiting on omnis to show, they come thru the whompa to scout a target that will drop fast,"alpha the green trader" come thru again to take out the target, stay there waiting for clans to come down and get attacked by guards and Omni pol then Alpha the green trader mb not kill him so a coupe of omnis die (shame sniff sniff) they go back thru the whompa and then after 20 mins same again then eventually give up

Traders are the reason omni keep zoning.
    I come to 2ho, then comes a stupid trader, presses 2 buttons and blam im retarded for 3mins.
    Karill exits 2ho and afk's for 3mins.
    Then i enter again, another stupid trader comes and presses 2 buttons and karill is again a retard for 3mins.
    I keep doing this 5-6 times, then i just get irritated and leave.
    I dont think its fair that i have to afk 30mins every freaking battle because of a silly proffesion.
    Sergio "Karill" Marinos

I almost never PvP in 2ho for 2 simple reasons:

1) Zoning, everyone zones all the time, if there are 10 clanners and 5 omnis, the omnis zone at whompa, if it's 10 omnis and 5 clanners, the clanners zone at bunker, if there are 10 of each faction, we all zone at bunkers, I just have very hard to see the fun in it, that's why I stay in Camelot for PvP (not much PvP there right now tho)

2) MA without River Series 6, isn't very good in open PvP as in 2ho, and I don't want to use a River (almost forced to start using one after 14.6 when they are nerfing all good bows tho)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Simple solution :

You know how u cant grid when in fight ? Well, make it so u cant zone either, thru whompa or into some building. There is no safe haven then and you will have to fight (or run) to the death.
    You could still out run, if not rooted, to get away. Tactics !!

There are many times when I'm in 2ho we have clanners bunker hopping again and again and again -- till I get bored out of my mind and leave. I never seen that as clanners being "disorganized" or too "chicken" to hold their ground when they see "attacked by..." If the clanner zones out of bunker, tabs 5-6 omnis outside, attack an omni and then hold their ground..1) he's got very low chance of scoring a kill 2) he's probably going to get chain rooted and alphaed to death before he can say "wtf". The problem is TACTICS. Title-hungry omnis refusing to clear the bunker kills the action in 2HO every single time I'm there.

ME: "Clear the bunker"
    anon: "Why?"
    ME: "So they won't get tired of zoning and log off."
    anon: "So what if they log off?"
    ME: "Then we'd have nothing to shoot at."
    anon: "Good, that means we control the zone"
    ME: "?!.............lol"

Now, when omnis are "whompah hopping," it basically means 1) you're camping the whompa and charging with too many people -- clear the hill, lure omnis to hill with a smaller force then gangbang to your satisfaction. 2) You've got too many people debuffing -- if you want to speed things up don't cast debuffs at omnis when they're close to the whompa.

Half

An Omni-Bot for PvP is a great idea.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast