Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Friday with Means - November 18th, 2011 - Agent Document vs 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Dywas View Post
    In any way you want to see it, it's Funcom's will, at this moment, that EU players pay more for no mathematically-valid reason.
    That's just you're assumption. Unless you know exactly how their billing works, you simply can't make that statement, however unlikely it would be there would be a difference. Fairness is not a factor, even though you are convinced it is. I'm willing to bet that it simply comes down to profit margins and markets and what is necessary to achieve RoI on AO as a product line so investors don't do nasty things to the game we love.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 24th, 2011 at 16:12:07.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Waldgeist once said in the old German forum that they need the hard currency to keep the server running on.
    I'll bet €, with all the good DM would also not one to one against the USD.
    But I think we had Talkshow in the German forum and more like a very long time that must be so that the game will not live on the ridge there.

I say if we want Change customer what would all europe players off the game account. unfortunately fc then the server shut down to put the award instead.
    would arrive at what the FC com says unfortunately I have the feeling.
    My englisch is bad. Wenn mit mir streiten willst quatsch mich auf Deutsch zu.
    Mitglied bei Punishment Inc.

Chars
    Drheiko was born on Thu Jun 22 09:20:15 2006 RK1 150 Doc
    Grafheiko was born on Wed May 17 17:17:37 2006 RK1 200 Agent (froob)
    Tilli was born on Tue Nov 14 12:25:47 2006 Rk1 220 Keeper
    Secretagent was born on Thu Oct 26 12:28:57 2006 RK1 220 Agent
    uvm...zu den geburtstagen wünsche ich mir ein 300 supplebot

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    That's just you're assumption. Unless you know exactly how their billing works, you simply can't make that statement, however unlikely it would be there would be a difference. Fairness is not a factor, even though you are convinced it is. I'm willing to bet that it simply comes down to profit margins and markets and what is necessary to achieve RoI on AO as a product line so investors don't do nasty things to the game we love.

Actually, YOU are just assuming. I actually know what I'm talking about in a business/law/economics sense. This isn't specific to Funcom, and that's where your argument becomes invalid. It's a much broader economy issue.

The only two factors that account for zone/location in an internet based service such as an MMO (and trust me, I know what does, it's part of my job) and product cost is VAT and how the money is exchanged. Many EU credit card carriers offer almost free exchange rates, the ones I work with sure do and I notice that when paying in dollars for many services and products. The VAT difference alone wouldn't do it either.

There IS a reason the European Commission is checking into these things, you know? I'm going to calmly wait for EU regulations to come into play and magically FC will either make US costumers pay the same we do or the other way around.
    Fairness IS a factor or it would never be investigated by the EC. Discrimination based on location is obviously unfair. There's no grey lines here, buddy.
    Just think a bit, why is the "hardcore pack" priced the same on both zones? Wouldn't the exact same issues that prevent FC from offering the same subscription values apply? It's so simple. Just open your eyes a bit.

You talk about "profit margins and markets" and you seem to absolutely ignore how global businesses work. Study global economics and business and you'll quickly understand it.
    You'll understand how we're getting shafted for no valid reason. Believe me, I'm a big AO supporter, it's still my favourite game by a long shot. But I'm not blind enough to believe FC is not a corporation that is overcharging EU costumers at the moment.

It will end soon enough, regardless of FC liking it or not.

Cheers.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Nice solitus male head
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

mystery of asian contractor solved.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/mystery.jpg/
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345