Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 11th, 2011 - 111111 - Open questions

Please stop the bickering. And don't post links that violate the EULA or accuse other persons of violating the EULA/RoC. Thank you.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 13th, 2011 at 14:54:49.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

yeah wtb some people taking their troll hat off, just this once. ask a question, leave it at that, and discuss it in another thread ffs questions in this thread are directed at means, no one else lol.

WARNING!! IQ levels are at critical levels and still falling.... WARNING!! IQ levels are at.......
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Nov 13th, 2011 at 15:12:11.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill
    ....AO seems to have a long history of throwing rewards at people that have not been loyal in order to get them to return or subscribe whereas not providing comparable rewards to those of us that have been consistant in supporting this game over its lifetime...
    Possible solution: When new incentives are offered to entice new players or to get players to return, these offers/items are given a point value that is automatically added to the veterans account.

Example: Rubi’ka Hardcore pack = 2000 points. The Pack is added to the in game item store and the 2000 points are automatically added to the veteran player’s account.

Now, I leave it to you to decide what amount of ‘time’ equates to a veteran player...I’m going to go play AO!
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

Originally Posted by Traderjill
    ....AO seems to have a long history of throwing rewards at people that have not been loyal in order to get them to return or subscribe whereas not providing comparable rewards to those of us that have been consistant in supporting this game over its lifetime...
    How about some Vet Vendor NPCs selling stuff directed at people, who have played for eg. 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 15 years (Let's be optimistic ^^)

Then give us some paid points depending on our longevity - find some scale that is actually rewarding vets - and we get unique stuff that we can show off with.

Naturally these items should not be game-altering but could be a special versions of armor or weapons that have the exact same stats but a different icon. Or something like that.

We have vet points so the system knows how long we've been playing and that would determine which NPC we'd be able to interact with.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

If the Relaunch/Reengine/Rebalance brings back many returning players, will there be emminent domain so large orgs can forcibly evict from their cities farm orgs of only one or two active, subscribing members?

Here's one I forgot.

Why doesn't the game check the org bank balance before spamming the warning about losing the city for insufficient funds to cover rent?

I make sure we have at least a year's worth of funds to cover city rent in the org bank at all times & yet we get that spam every month.

J00 maik da noobs fr33k 0wt!!!
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Is Means going to answer any questions or is this thread going to be just full of questions with no answers?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    Is Means going to answer any questions or is this thread going to be just full of questions with no answers?
    It is the weekend...

he will reply to them all next friday I am willing to bet.
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Well. Questions...
    Why did you feel the need of professionals when you had no intention to listening to them?
    (referring to the engie document and a few others I have talked to).
    Needed someone to take the blame?
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    Well. Questions...
    Why did you feel the need of professionals when you had no intention to listening to them?
    (referring to the engie document and a few others I have talked to).
    Needed someone to take the blame?
    Actually they listen quite a lot and make rather large changes to everything before it has been publicized. But you can always find some hate from scorned lovechildren.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Really? apart from a few love-children and hecknoobs. I have hear the answer is "screw you. This is what we will do"
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Really? apart from a few love-children and hecknoobs. I have hear the answer is "screw you. This is what we will do"
    Listening does not mean bending to every whim of the player base.

How does that relate to Professionals? And, how would you cast blame on them for the changes that FC makes to their product? They have absolute control after all.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

When is the website getting a proper update?
    I've seen some things changing over time, but the things that are changed.. don't seem to work 100%.

- The only thing that gets updated regularly is the FWM.
    - Not all patches are available.
    - Each time i pay for an account, the way of navigating through the register site seems to get more confusing.
    - why is that stupid LE banner still the animated banner on the site? It looks bad, it's low quality, and it's old!
    - wallpapers, and screenshots are outdated.
    - the photo's... why are they there? A photo of the current Anarchy Online team would be somewhat interesting to see by some people. It looks unprofessional. They don't even say what they are or when they were taken.

well, i could complain about other things that are wrong. But Fc should already know everything that is wrong with the site. It still needs a complete overhaul, we're saying that for way over a year now.

____

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=567908 When are you going to fix these ancient annoying issues?

____

When is funcom going to produce what auno.org (outdated) and Xyphos.com are doing? I'd like to see this kind of information coming from Funcom, and not from a 'fansite'
    Last edited by Xatgunner; Nov 13th, 2011 at 22:37:41.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
    LoL, Means pulled a fast one on everyone so he could get away with a short FWM.
    It's called weekend. Peoples working on week days tend to have them, and not spend any thoughts on work while it's weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUrban View Post
    Q: Where is Waldo?
    There he is.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Means,

Additional question: When SL released Gaute and team tried something of interest but had to roll it back so that all the 200's could get the items needed to progress. The concept they tried was: When you kill a mob that is gray to you (awarded loot rights) that mob will not have any loot on it. The idea was to prevent gray mob's having any value at all to high level players. Of course 200's needed keys and other items so they could level and it was pulled very quickly to allow existing toons a way to move up.

However today when a 220 can farm all the Ado Dryad's for the rare drops and usually does prevent proper level toons from accessing them (also see predator's) this mechanic would be a great way to stop players farming gray mobs. So is there any chance of making this happen again? I really do not see how having a system where 220's can own every low level spawn is helping AO. If you feel that allowing 220's to camp/own the gray spawns is acceptable please explain why.

Thanks.
    Wow. gaute had some balls. WTB this in game... and then holy crap, mid game is active again!

Wanna marry me ingame?
    (We can get to know each other first, if you want to!)

The maximum amount of items in your apartment has been reached! This item will be lost if left here.
    I can't put stuff in my Sunrise apartment because one of the other apartments are full???

RK, Jobe, Jobe Lux & Sunrise has the same total limit as if you only had an RK apartment?

Why is the limit so small & not increased if you have each of the apartments?

Why do you get this exact same warning if you try to drop something in one of the org city buildings too?
    I can't decorate the org HQ???
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Nov 13th, 2011 at 23:56:39.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Prediction: Means won't get around to answering until next Friday. This way he can be as lazy as possible with 2 different FWM. Very smart.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast