Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Friday with Means - November 11th, 2011 - 111111 - Open questions

Who ever thought that we could find such a synical bunch that could turn volunteer work into laziness?
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

My question to Means: Can i join ur swtor org plz
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Siyra View Post
    Who ever thought that we could find such a synical bunch that could turn volunteer work into laziness?
    Can I have some of that koolaid? Since when does Means work for free?

FWM are simi-volunteer. He does not HAVE to do this, he does it because he wants to.

Also: cynical
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
    Can I have some of that koolaid? Since when does Means work for free?
    He doesn't work for free. His job is to work on AO - not talk to the AO community weekly, or answer any questions we have. What he is doing every week is volunteered time, no previous GD did this kind of thing because.. surprise.. it's not obligatory.

So take it for what it is, a generous use of his time to answer our questions, and try not to act like to much of a jerk because he doesn't do it on your time schedual.

@Solstiare: Thanks, my web browsers spell check, despite being turned on, doesn't work for some dumb reason so I never quite know when I get something wrong.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

FWM started with the best of intentions. In fact, I was one of those who suggested it

However, of late, the amount of "new" information that comes out in several months' worth of FWMs is probably less than the amount you saw in Silirrion's Letters from the Game Director (about monthly or every 2 months). Plenty of it is whining about the bugs they had to fix, which frankly portrays a terrible image of your organisation even if that's the reality behind the scenes. You may as well just cancel the Friday pretense and just write when you have stuff to say. Tossing out a screenshot a week as filler is pretty pointless.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    You may as well just cancel the Friday pretense and just write when you have stuff to say. Tossing out a screenshot a week as filler is pretty pointless.
    Friday with Means - November 18 - no more FWM!

9:55 PM - Vhab sneaks up a "First!"

10:00 PM - Apocalypse crowd explodes all over forums with multiple orgasms, cancelation threats roll over the place , people compete who will rage quit in more epic fashion.

10.15 PM - Local TV crews spot Quitter456 dragged by masked criminals into a black van with Montreal license plates.

10.30 PM - Fanboys counterattack. Masta leads the charge by making 584 threads titled YOU WANT TO QUIT? SO WHAT!

10.45 PM - Apocalypse crowd lead by Haxi invades Newbie Island on both servers, identifies any possible new player and forces them to log off with coordinated /moon usage.

11.10 PM - 5 page rant by Obtena about how "all other games suck anyway" goes unnoticed

11.30 PM - GSP Dancers lead by Valikatt charge into apocalypse crowd on newbie island forcing them to leave. Haxi is seen fleeing into Borealis portal.

11:45 PM - Kintaii releases his new single - cover of Journey's "Dont Stop Believin' played on ukelele, available NOW on iTunes.

12:00 PM - Annarina quits and goes to work for Blizzard

1:00 AM - Police evacuates Funcom's Montreal office, after really large Norwegian , wielding really large medieval axe and dressed up in I PLAYED SINCE BETA T-shirt, is spotted right at the entrance.

Saturday with Means (posted from my iPhone) - November 19 - just kidding!
    Last edited by Hannavald; Nov 14th, 2011 at 07:02:30.

So if he doesn't give us a bunch of new info every week he sucks?

It appears gratitude is just on that long list of things people leave at the door when they go online.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    11:45 PM - Kintaii releases his new single - cover of Journey's "Dont Stop Believin' played on ukelele, available NOW on iTunes.
    I'd pay for that!

I dont get all this this twink hate. Twinking is what makes AO unique amongst other games. Not everyone enjoys grinding all the time up to 220 where most of the things are equippable by rclick, some people love to say "First XXX to equip YYY at lvl ZZZ", others like hearing "ZOMGZ sploitz!11" or just hang around in more than good stuff and its good. Its a typical win/win situation as it keeps veterans busy or interested so they spend their time and if they spend their time FC earns their money. Not to mention fact that most lowbie items are available mostly with higher level / twink help. CDRs are equippable by lvl 41, can you show me untwinked character thats able to get them by this level, or by lvl 60 or whatever? By the time you can get them yourself in a gimp setup they are rusty. Same goes with SoM items that are equippable at lvl 10 or so if you want to spend a bit of time and 20 if all you want to do is ask for wrangle, yet ive had problems with killing neleb on my NT at lvl 70 (yup, seventy). Twinks show newcomers unique ability AO offers to develop your character other way than leveling. If you take it away whats left? The highest monthly fee on market, endless grind, empty playfields and zones, lft window with not enough people to fill one team? You know, there must be something that keeps people interested, i can hardly imagine anyone catching marketing bait if he hears "Come and join, we are like everyone else but more expensive". C'mon ...

As selling lootrights by twinks argument goes on ive been playing for 5 years or so and ive never seen anyone selling lootrights inside subway, totw, foremans or coh. There were some guys offering killing services inside totw or coh but those did look like noobs trying to earn a bit of money so i dont mind.

Removing disable xp and forcing people to level is one of the worst suggestions ive ever heard here. Those are MINE characters, not yours so dont tell me what should i do with them if it doesnt break EULA. Its silly people are accusing players for population problems, you should really rethink it as it ain rocket science or something but the very basics of economy; you are accusing customers that product is not selling, lol.
    Last edited by Ciex; Nov 14th, 2011 at 08:02:07.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Can you inform the fates that I still haven't received my hat?

Please tell me the level locking is staying. It's the only way to try and get rare loot when you're at the cap. TOTW is a death trap even at level 60 when you're trying to get Keeper's Vitality and some nice person trains a bunch of mobs into you. I don't twink as it's too much hassle but I see nothing wrong with it and those rare drops can make a big difference to a froob.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Quick Question ....when will you answear Questions™.

/SNIP
    I lol'd, @ a little over 8am. Kudos sir, kudos...

Friday with Means - November 18 - no more FWM!

/snip

Saturday with Means (posted from my iPhone) - November 19 - just kidding!
    Epic. Bravo, sir, bravo!
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

10.15 PM - Local TV crews spot Quitter456 dragged by masked criminals into a black van with Montreal license plates.
    Youtube link?

Funcom employee

I think everyone has had a fair chance to get their questions in over the weekend so I am closing the thread to begin the little job of trying to answer as many questions as possible.

The answers will be in their own thread so nobody has to dig all the way through this one.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910