Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 28th, 2011 - Happy Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    bah.. crap!

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Would be nice to have some way of obtaining ices at least, perhaps it will be possible judging from what you wrote
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Oct 28th, 2011 at 16:31:11.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

S10

Outstanding news very glad to hear that this was all part of the plan all along

things are moving in the right direction!!

keep knocking the problems out of the park!

oh, while the topic of lowbie (sorta lowbie) content is hot, a good example of 220's having to run their lowbies through content is ado brain quest. the ruins guardians, Don baraton (or whatever his name is), the muddy dryad, and the tower keeper could be toned down to the point where a team of TL4-5's, which the loot and quest are designed for, can do the content, without the help of a 220.

I'm sure others can point out other content that fits in the same catagory.

oh and lol, nice simpsons birthday card on the shelf. just noticed that
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Oct 28th, 2011 at 16:34:26.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Adding appropriate credit rewards and gear to non-repeatable missions on the leveling path to 220 is the correct way to proceed with this issue and it is how we intend to proceed with the problem in the near future. We want people to be able to obtain what they need to be able to contribute to their groups...but injecting billions of new credits into the economy was not helping this issue and had to stop.
    Good to hear.

One thing: have you considered upping the rewards on repeatable missions (i.e., random ones)? Right now RK missions are set up in a way that necessitates the use of 3rd-party utilities due to the prevalence of crappy rewards, and SL ones are even worse.

Now I'd just like to say one thing to everyone who so fiercly defended the s10 bounties proclaiming they had absolutely nothing to do with the economy going down the toilet and that is:

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Now I'd just like to say one thing to everyone who so fiercly defended the s10 bounties proclaiming they had absolutely nothing to do with the economy going down the toilet and that is:

You do realize those same people will just insist FC is wrong and that S10 was perfectly fine.

Hopefully ICE will be put back in. So much for just making that 150 fix to go in there to find some for doing raids.

Gief ICE back ;x
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Im not a big fan of recent s10 changes but id really like to see it as raid zone again as it was in the beginning. Raids are the thing low - mid levels lack the most (well endgame too).

No matter what you plan for it please, please, please dont make it:
    1. Soloable.
    2. Zone just like everything else: "doc + enf proplayer team lf crat and only crat, get lost if you dont have one".

Encourage massive raids that require a bit different twinking than todays "solo - dd" ( more benefits from support oriented toons). Maybe generals should be instanced and ql of general would depand on numer of raiders inside? Therefore the more people the higher general lvl, the higher his level, the higher VB ql? Anyway, good luck, dont screw it up,we all know you can hardly afford more player loss
    Last edited by Venachar; Oct 29th, 2011 at 18:59:33.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

wow i cant wait to see what will be coming next!

*eagerly awaiting more positive changes*

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post

It's not about defending the S10 bounties, it's about letting people know the truth about a certain problem that was causing a credits boom which was thankfully fixed about the time that prices started dropping again (OMG long before S10 bounties were fixed!!)

Oh and I don't have a S10 twink
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Hey guys, I was curious, so I used the latest forensic technology to get a closeup of the screen on the left. The results were pretty interesting.

ENHANCE:
    http://i.imgur.com/l0XkP.jpg

Nobody is forcing you to level to 220. I also enjoy lowbie content and never said I didn't. The content was being ruined by twinks of high level characters training and outdamaging the lowbies. This area was abused systematically and now it has been corrected.

If I remove the disproportionately large credit reward from the area and you say you won't go back there then we know precisely what part of that "lowbie content" was important to you.
    Quick question - credit reward is gone but so are ICE. Is that a planned part of the removal as well or will they be returning? I didn't see that addressed with the bounty discussion.

@ cbus: bhahahaha that made my day
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Will the perk reset guy be getting cheaper for lowbies now that we don't need that cred sink anymore?

Nobody is forcing you to level to 220. I also enjoy lowbie content and never said I didn't. The content was being ruined by twinks of high level characters training and outdamaging the lowbies. This area was abused systematically and now it has been corrected.

If I remove the disproportionately large credit reward from the area and you say you won't go back there then we know precisely what part of that "lowbie content" was important to you.
    Thats pretty disingenuous of you.. It was important to me to have something different do do when I get bored farming on my 220! Spending a few hours playing in S10 or 150 BS actually broke down the monotony having to grind hours of <name your poison> to afford that next piece of equipment.. S10 never was my sole source of income..

150 is (was) a culture.. Enabled by S10.. There's never been so many everywhere before and made a great way of meeting people. It gave a lot of people something to do and now you've knifed it in the back..

There were so many ways you could have addressed it like lowering bounties drop rates or value.. Going nuclear on the community was uncalled for..

/Lyle

p.s. Don't know where you got your info from.. In the times I've been there everyone's always been really friendly to one another.. The occasional train is by design, just like totw.. I've never seen evidence of the abuse you leveled at the place.. Here's an idea.. Why don't you answer the petitions quicker and wield your mighty ban hammer at them...

p.p.s Active toons on RK1 - Guess whats the second favorite after 220?

220, 4520
    150, 2233 Surprise!
    60, 929
    200, 737
    100, 481
    170, 210
    Last edited by lyledesol; Oct 28th, 2011 at 17:40:27.

Quote Originally Posted by lyledesol View Post
    p.s. Don't know where you got your info from.. In the times I've been there everyone's always been really friendly to one another.. The occasional train is by design, just like totw.. I've never seen evidence of the abuse you leveled at the place.
    Seen both sides... the occasional train to fence by some1 grabbing too much aliums - or there were simply too much trashmobs - and the train on purpose because you just been in someone's "usual farming grounds" ...

However, i would like to see the ICE's back in. Not in an overwhelming droprate, but a fair enough amount to either supply your org's city raids or hell, selling.

However, let's see what they make out of s10 in the next update(s).

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Quote Originally Posted by lyledesol View Post
    p.s. Don't know where you got your info from.. In the times I've been there everyone's always been really friendly to one another.. The occasional train is by design, just like totw.. I've never seen evidence of the abuse you leveled at the place.
    From personal experience I've seen
    - Tons of training, some due to newbieness (understandable) and some intentional because people wanted to remove a person from 'their' farming area.
    - KS/ODing... actually this was the reason I stopped going. I know a lot of people in game who took great joy in ODing people around them that were trying to kill in the hopes of running them out of the area. I was even in an org once, that I specifically left, because that type of behavior was their flavor of the month. I don't have statistics on it but I'm sure Funcom must have petition reports streaming in from S10 incidents on a regular basis. Going to stereotype here and say that the 'strong' that were engaging in this ridiculous behavior are probably more likely to be forum posters than the folks that are on the receiving end of the borderline harrassment. So yeah, its very possible you dont' see thread after thread about it because your usual thread starters are probably the problem causers in the first place.

Now personally, none of that would stop me if I wanted to farm there (which I didn't enjoy it due to witnessing said behaviors) beause my MA is wearing good enough gear to handle things.. but really... flagging up in S10.. seriously? Yeah that's newbie friendly when that poor tank mongos for someone to gank them.. NOT.

Good riddance to the S10 bounties.

Now since people are already pissed and whining.. how about accidently doing something to address the Ely kite team issue? "Oops, hecks now run from people too high to earn xp from them. We weren't planning that til next year but...."
    Last edited by Traderjill; Oct 28th, 2011 at 17:23:05.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Means, did you ever consider instead of completely shutting down the bounties in S10 putting a lockout timer on the Bursar, giving you direct control of how much a player could earn from bounties a day?
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast