Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mob's pets

Mob's pets

Yes, finally the mobs have pets to fight us with, it seemed so strange fighting engis without their pets.

flame me if you want, but this adds a little bit of logic to the AI

No flame here. Slayer-kiting, here I come!

Only way this will be a bad thing is if NPC pets have better pathing than PC pets...
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Yeppers, its a great change!!!

But one thing is sure though.... I almost wet myself when the Eng that I attacked created a Slayer....

Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

if i charm pet owner can i use the mob pets too?

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Originally posted by NOVA
    if i charm pet owner can i use the mob pets too?
    haha, ffs! cut em some slack, willah!!"#"

no, but seriously, I like this. About time. Seems FunCom is fixing alot of these "lesser cosmetic" issues for the Notum campaign. I like it. Keep it comming.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Should make that first room with the occasional quartet of Engineers verrry interesting.
    Slyykie - 200+ Shade
    Slyyk - 200+ Fixer

Members of Alphastrike
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sarcasm rules! Go prance around in the forest you silly pixie.

Should make that first room with the occasional quartet of Engineers verrry interesting.

Ou man, that is actually something I wish to happened

RM engineer and her Sleyers

or 3x mp and pets.

OMG, there is "6-9" mob at first room.
    Now I finally understand why crat shut go first and area calm
    Last edited by NOVA; Oct 16th, 2002 at 13:29:59.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Be nice to see... definately make it more exciting and a reason for more calms or roots and snares
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Don't be so thrilled with the NPC pets. I heard they may be unmezzable

Exclamation

I don't think un-mezzable, but the MOB keeps giving his pets the \pet guard order which breaks mez every time....

Does the mob actually sit there and create his pet for a few secs like a normal character? Or does the pet just appear instantly?
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Eh? I insta cast my attack pet. Don't see why mobs can't either. *shrug*

What I found funny is that when I'd kill one of those clan crats in the backyard, their pet would then fall under controll of another clan crat. Having a functionary with two crat pets beating on you at level 1 was insta death. :P

Still, I like the change. Now I'm just curious to see if the mp mobs are stupid enough to use a demon...or if they use a trans enmity. :P

Exclamation

They damn well better give xp and loot.

Making them immune to nanos is a dumb move. Our pets aren't.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

They aren't imune to nanos lol.

I can remember months ago talkin bout this with guildies. Meta's with there demons, engi's with there slayers. Everyone was like "That would be kinda cool, but damn I'd freak!"

At any rate currently only certain pet types are giving xp. I'm sure that will be fixed. They don't drop any loot that I've seen, course do our pets?

They aren't really 'instaspawned' but crats and engi's do the 'activate' motion and the pet appears, then gets orders. The meta casts there pet.

On the bright side of stairin down a room full of high lvl engi's, the engi's spawn the pet after a few seconds of combat, and once you kill the npc, the pets go into standby mode and just sit there until they deactivate a few minutes later, or get attacked.

On the bad side, currently the crats/metas/engi's seem to have enough nano to keep spewing out pets over and over and over, so you have to kill the caster first, or you just keep being confrunted by ninjas/demons/slayers.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

It appears from test center reports that the NPC pets are immune to mez/charm nanos. I maybe going out on a limb here but I think she meant immune to those nanos not all nanos =P

Anyways, making NPC pets unmezzable has go to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I hope this is a bug...

cool, sounds interesting, missions are insanely boring, better MOB AI is great.

Originally posted by Fion
    At any rate currently only certain pet types are giving xp. I'm sure that will be fixed. They don't drop any loot that I've seen, course do our pets?
    Yeah, some do. I've killed Engie bots and gotten the shell back. Then wished I could have hacked it to remove profession req.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

So if a group was just interested in gaining XP. All they would have to do is drag a pet class NPC to the first room and kept killing his pets, as they will kept casting them over and over?

Thank almost seems like an exploit in a way. We all know that NPC's have this hugh pool of nano. So that will let them make probably a ton of pets. Like 12-16 of them.

I don't have a high lvl character on test to check this but that just doesn't sit right with me.

Maglin

Originally posted by Maglin
    So if a group was just interested in gaining XP. All they would have to do is drag a pet class NPC to the first room and kept killing his pets, as they will kept casting them over and over?
    Thank almost seems like an exploit in a way.
    How is that any more of an exploit than just pulling another mission and killing more mobs in there for the xp? They still have to kill the darn thing.

Personally I'm quaking at the idea of pulling a QL125 mission and finding MPs with Transcendant Enmity Personifications or Demons in there.

Its gonna suck rocks through a straw if you don't get more XP for now having to deal with a pet class plus their pet than you did for dealing with just the pet class alone before. It already is pretty darn ridiculous that I will get zero XP for killing the other side's guards, as I had to do recently to help a fixer doing the fixer quest in Omni Ent and to help an MA get by the Galway Ranger to get to Best in Brass and back.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

The Thing is that it is almost Free xp with little worry about death. All you have to do is pull say a engineer to the first room of a mission and just kept killing his pets that he creates. and if he runs out of nano you can all just leave the mission for 3 minutes and return to a ton of more pets as he will have sure gotten almost all of his nano back.... And if you get into trouble during your fight the group just exits the mission to reorganize.

That is my only worry. I love to lvl don't get me wrong. I'm not much of a poster as I don't have much to say very offten. This is just something that I can see people complaining about possibly latter on.

But lord knows I could be wrong as that does happen once in a while...
    Maglin Opifex - Enforcer
    Kandra Solitus - Keeper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast