Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mob's pets

Originally posted by Narakar
    With my crat I can have a fresh bot instantly, so why can't NPC crats?

Before a mission I cast my bot and ativate him. Then I recast a second shell incase my bot gets killed. I can replace my bot instantly. I have no idea if engies can also do this, but I'd be suprised if they can't.
    So then the crat/engie ncp should only be able to cast one other bot instantly, right? After that they are out of shells in their inv and should have to cast a new one. Then they still won't have a spare once they activate that one, so should have to cast again. Maybe they haven't lived long enough to have need to cast more than two pets, but to go along with this logic, if they need a 3rd or more, then it should take casting time, right?

Martek

I'm of two minds about this.

First, I think it is great that mobs can have pets.

Second, as evident in this thread, people can't seem to seperate mob from player. They are two diff things, with vastly different skill systems. Yet people are trying to use the one for the basis for the other. With this logic, I fear pet profs will have an even harder time seeing any fix in the future as these short minded people view mob x with pet y as uber, and transfer that image to a player-played pet prof.

I feel that pet casting NPCs should have the exact same pets as pet casting players. If that means nerfing NPC pets to player pet stats, fine.

If it means boosting player pets to NPC pet stats, that also is fine, and would probably make many pet casters dance for joy. Boost player pets to the same power as NPC pets.

In no case should regular everday NPCs be summoning pets that player-usable nanos don't exist for.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

ooh ooh can crat mobs charm up to 2 of the team and make them fight everyone else?

Well I only level my crat atm if playing at all, so it doesnt effect me at all, but i seriously question the solo viability for professions without calms now.

Mind you, engi/meta NPCs were never that easy, because meta npc's cast already to 90% some nanoskill debuff in a solo fight and engi NPCs have tons of AC.

Solo players without calm might have some serious problems now.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

If you charm an engi/crat/MP NPC, will he cast his pet when you tell him to attack?
    If you charm a NPC who already have a pet, will you charm the pet at the same time?

I wonder if pathing will be just as bad for NPC pets as it is for player-made pets.....
    .: Naraya :.

questions:
    a.does the pet disappear when owner gets killed?
    b.are they somewhat close to the pets an actual player can cast at that level?
    I mean it is apparent from the (lack of) results of fi plunders on mobs that they have ungodly nanoskills compared to players, iow will we see level 80 meta and engie mobs running around with cacodemons and slayerdroids or not?
    c. is their attack rating as sucky as the rl pets? (In that case I'll just ignore them )

Originally posted by Hayake
    will we see level 80 meta and engie mobs running around with cacodemons and slayerdroids or not?
    Or even if they are similar to what players can make, is it going to be what players can make when they are wholly focused on making the best pet possible?

I was self-casting Cacodemon at 122 or so, but I had to work for it with QL200 implants and the Blackshirt of Zuwadza. A cacodemon in a 125 mission will be way out of balance with the mission, that's even if the MP is gimped in personal fighting skills (like I was!) and not smacking you down with his uber chemical shield at the same time as the demon.

I was using Transcendant Enmity way before 125 and the damage that thing does would also be well out of balance with a mission of whatever level I was when I started using it.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

Well they don't give xp. That I don't like... Make the Mobs only cast one pet or for MP's 2 pets. Period. I know PC pets have ubar HP's and if NPC pets HP is on the same curve that the Mobs HP are then pets are just terriable. I know. Kill the caster and the pet will deactivate if not atatcked. But... Well I can't complain to much. They are a pet class and should be treated as such.

So Instead of haveing the Pets give XP have the Pets caster give say 50-75% more xp for the addes nusainsance of dealing with the pet. That I think would make everyone Happy about the added neausance. Though if they had pets since day one like this noone would even know the better.
    Maglin Opifex - Enforcer
    Kandra Solitus - Keeper

Unhappy Very disgusted right now

I'm really really really disgusted by everything I've heard about pet class MOBs in the new patch. The pet classes need fixing worse than anyone in this game. Not new toys because we're bored of our one working items, but because not very much for Engi & MP works like it is suposed to. For that matter Crats have a ton of bugged stuff too.

Pets don't path worth jack squat for players, but from what I hear the MOB pets have perfect pathing.

Pets can't resist any nano, and roots stay on long after the mob is dead with no means of removing it. MOB pets have insane nano resist. Likewise Engis & MPs are weak in PvP because our pets are easily rendered useless by essentially EVERY other classes roots, snares, charms, and debuffs. Can't hardly do Jack to a Mob's pet now.

Engis & especially MPs have been screaming for months to get ANY high level content. So they give the MOBs new high level pets over 200....

Engis & MPs complain that we're too reliant on our unreliable pets and we can't do enough damage with our characters. MOB pet classes dish out a ton of damage and now their pets do the same.

Funcom, please show a shred of respect by talking to the Pet class communities and putting this MOB pet thing on hold till you've helped the players first. Which do you care more about, your players or your MOBs?

We'll know by seeing who gets fixed first.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

BFT! I love fighting pets

Most of the time I play with pets, only when i get really frustrated at chair humping do i move over to my enf or fix.

So far, Eng and Crat mobs are almost free xp. I have often thought, if these guys had their full bag of tricks, I would be in danger of taking damage here.

What i am concerned about though, is me and my three pets walking into a room with 4 MP's and three pets each - you have probably rulled out this situation, 16 objects in combat for a solo mission? sounds like heaven to me!

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123