Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 21st, 2011 - Canyon view

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    bla bla Blizzard most likely has 3 or 4 times the staff that the AO team does bla bla
    3 4? More like 100-200 times more

*edit*

According to this click Blizzard has ~5000 employs. AO probably has like 10 so make it 500 times more.
    Lulz at the 3 4 times
    Last edited by Tessargi; Oct 23rd, 2011 at 19:55:23.
    "The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessargi View Post

*edit*

According to this click Blizzard has ~5000 employs. AO probably has like 10 so make it 500 times more.
    Lulz at the 3 4 times
    Except there's not 5000 people working on WoW. If the live team is 100 people I'd be very surprised. The new expansion they're making probably has the staff upped to a bunch more, as they can afford it, like FC used to do, SL had about 50 devs working on it. But the remaining people? The bulk are probably support staff, both for customers, but also servers. Then there's the Battle.net team which also take up people, the Starcraft team, the Diablo team, unannounced MMO team... so many people. But then, Funcom has according to Wiki 322 employees. That makes it about 13 times as many. As your link is to Activision Blizzard, Blizzard Entertainment "only" employs 4600, according to Wikipedia.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Oct 23rd, 2011 at 20:23:02.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

wow, just WOW O.o
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Except there's not 5000 people working on WoW. If the live team is 100 people I'd be very surprised. The new expansion they're making probably has the staff upped to a bunch more, as they can afford it, like FC used to do, SL had about 50 devs working on it. But the remaining people? The bulk are probably support staff, both for customers, but also servers. Then there's the Battle.net team which also take up people, the Starcraft team, the Diablo team, unannounced MMO team... so many people. But then, Funcom has according to Wiki 322 employees. That makes it about 13 times as many. As your link is to Activision Blizzard, Blizzard Entertainment "only" employs 4600, according to Wikipedia.
    He said blizzard has 3 4 times the AO staff, he didn't say the staff that works on wow.
    "The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

He said blizzard has 3 4 times the AO staff, he didn't say the staff that works on wow.
    That was implied in his comparison with 10 employees vs 5000, since FC is over 300 people, but AO is only ~10 people.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

*edit*

Lulz at the 3 4 times
    Approximately 5000 employees...spread across 14 game studios, Blizzard being one of them. Blizzard is making Diablo 3, Mists of Pandaria, Titan, Starcraft: Heart of the Storm, Blizzard DoTA, Battle.net. Plus customer service (which FC also employs, but you won't get Means and Co. answering your petitions)

And now the game logon says AO is looking for a coder? Question is, is it an additional warm body for the team, or a replacement? Heaven forbid Macrosun be going anywhere...

Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

I really hope we didnt lose macrosun that would just make me sad
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

He got lost in the labyrinthine halls of AO's spaghetti code and was never seen again.

Lock him up with the hamsters and server guy!

Funcom employee

It's not a replacement position, just looking for someone new for the team. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

AO team growing madness!
    The Red Brotherhood

If there's any talented coders looking for a job out there, go for it!
    Working with the AO team is an absolute blast. Funcom has a great and very friendly environment to work in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    It's not a replacement position, just looking for someone new for the team. =)
    I take it the Macrosun cloning experiment failed?
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Oct 24th, 2011 at 08:38:18.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

awww man... why do i still have 1 year to go as student game development >< would love to work for FC on AO but can't ruin my education for it...

Hope they find a second Macrosun... imagine the possibilities :O Anything we can imagine would be possible
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Quote Originally Posted by omegahealer View Post
    awww man... why do i still have 1 year to go as student game development >< would love to work for FC on AO but can't ruin my education for it...

Hope they find a second Macrosun... imagine the possibilities :O Anything we can imagine would be possible
    You could apply for an internship
    The Red Brotherhood

was on my to do list since the final semester = internship... but alas, have to stick to countries in europe cause the teachers wanna be able to visit us -.-
    Freedom or death!

Quote Originally Posted by omegahealer View Post
    was on my to do list since the final semester = internship... but alas, have to stick to countries in europe cause the teachers wanna be able to visit us -.-
    Smack them! Tell em it's Funcom :P
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Sell the teachers the idea of a trip to Canada ^^
    The Red Brotherhood

i think if i tell it's Funcom, they run away screaming in fear :P Although the smacking part sounds tempting

though selling the idea wont work... they visit vancouver every year (been trying to get them to go to montreal)

Why did you guys move away from Oslo!!! :'(
    Oh well, gonna try my luck at crytek when needed and otherwise larian studios...

I wonder how long it will take for them to find an extra coder... actually amazed that they're increasing the team :O Long term planning or they wanna get that engine out of the door asap?
    Freedom or death!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Sell the teachers the idea of a trip to Canada ^^
    but...but... their HEADS!!
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast