Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 21st, 2011 - Canyon view

Wow, those shadows are totally unrealistic.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

awesome canyon!
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Looks good. You just set texture standarts for the new engine. Gonna be a pain to update all textures.

J/k... looks very nice.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Wow, those shadows are totally unrealistic.
    wut

One of the things AO's engine, as old as it is, does extremely well is environment haze effects. I'm glad that's not being lost in the graphics update; it adds a lot of charm and atmosphere to the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

You guys sure are taking your sweet time getting this halloween stuff out this year.

Well that is pretty I'll admit. Can we get a detailed sticky somewhere well traveled as to what you all are doing. I have seen updated graphics shots for the last 3 years and naught has come of it.

We are not impetuous children demanding the world for nothing. We are loyal fans and the payers of your salary and I, as one of them, would like to know exactly what you are doing, how you are doing it, and maybe even what your resources are as a reason this is taking... a small eternity.

I have seen whole new games developed, perhaps not as large, in the time it has taken to remake this one. Yes I and many others understand AO is incredibly complex, billions of combinations with millions of points in which to use them (most of which have been rendered obsolete). But our patience extends so far and you cannot bank on returning players to keep the bills payed because in case you haven't noticed there are a lot of new worlds to explore out there with developers that effectively and perceptually communicate with their players regularly and at length.

I cannot be the only one that just gets infuriated with Friday with Means and Kintaii's occasional chimes about this or that. Get more staff, make us justify the money with real effective start and midgame content, stretch out the levels and stop the endgame content addiction or shut the server down and finish the Secret World. Stop toying with us.
    "Can I have some shoes?"

If Blizzard manages to release yet another expansion before we get a simple rebalance then I'm going to very disappointed.

I don't normally post to the forums being someone who spends his time playing the game and not so much time reading the posts. I do try to catch the FwM posts each week as I find them interesting and usually informative This is the first and only MMORPG that I've ever played in and hopefully it'll stay the only one I play (unless it goes down in flames but I'm not willing to bet on that yet.) On the one hand I can sympathize with the people who want to know more and see more progress on the changes in the game. On the other hand though, I understand that it is much, much more difficult to update something old than it is to create something new. Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    If Blizzard manages to release yet another expansion before we get a simple rebalance then I'm going to very disappointed.
    I was totally ready to agree with you on this one, but then I had a thought that is prolly right. Blizzard most likely has 3 or 4 times the staff that the AO team does, so they can put a lot of resources and man power into something like an expansion. Then again, the praise that Macrosun gets, he might be worth about half the Blizzard staff...
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    They just announced one. Everquest is getting an expansion yet again
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Means, you have said, that things are ready to make sensible video from engine. When we might see one?

Screen (and ealier ones) is insane for me, it looks awesome! But, from paying customer point of view, it would be nice to know, when things might show up. IE. Engine lunch ect. I know FC, after several failed deadlines tends to not spreed news about dates, but hell, its taking so long, game is dieing every day little more, and Engine is atm only thing that might bring back it to life.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Canyon is looking good. It's almost as if it's an art drawing instead of a screenshot.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

is this scheol canyon??
    Last edited by algoreith; Oct 22nd, 2011 at 16:47:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This week we have been hard at work putting the finishing touches on the Halloween update which will obviously be out on the live servers next week as my attempts at delaying Halloween were not successful.

So how long will the Halloween update/goodies remain ingame? At least thru 2 week-ends, maybe 3? With all the goodies and the halloween instance I would hope they would stay long enough for all to enjoy including our 'week-end' only friends.

Colrain

good enough reason alone to raid APF... looks great!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

What no taunts from Uncle Pumpkinhead? Where is he? I think he's being a coward this year and not taunting us like he normally does.

On another note I hope the halloween phatz will be around for a while since it's so late getting out this year. The party is next weekend after all.
    Sneakzpastu

Lvl 150, Clan, Fixer - GSP Dancers

Where the fun never ends!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    They just announced one. Everquest is getting an expansion yet again
    I was considering going back to WoW then I saw this. looks like AO beat WoW to get panda heads ingame at least!
    Forgetmenot - TL3 Agent, RK2
    Future FrOOb buff slave.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast