Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 21st, 2011 - Canyon view

Funcom employee Friday with Means - October 21st, 2011 - Canyon view

This week we have been hard at work putting the finishing touches on the Halloween update which will obviously be out on the live servers next week as my attempts at delaying Halloween were not successful. I'm really exited about the Halloween content this year...and getting to see our new designer's first instance and the new Pandemonium instance at the same time is sure to be interesting.

Work has been continuing this week refining lighting and self illumination effects to really get the mood we all want to see both during the day and at night. I imagine when/if the Rookie gets stuck in here (screenie attached) it will be because he can't believe how good the canyons look now

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quicker than you!
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

good stuff. just gotta read it.

I'm sometimes Exited too
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Any funcom comment on whether or not you guys can put the old healing items back in the shops until rebalancing? I mean it seems that the thought pattern behind the new ones is geared moreso towards your vision for the game post-Rebalance so it would be nice to not make us have to roll RK missions to get sit down heals until then.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Oct 21st, 2011 at 17:00:52.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

o.0...
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

good looks. now get it in the game.

*uncrop*

Wait, is this zoomed in on a heckler?
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Rebalance? Or did you guys forget to work on that while chasing shadows?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Yus! I really excited about this patch, both the Halloween part and the new instance. Also: The picture looks gorgeous, get it in game already!

New engine for Christmas you say? Why thanks Santa!!
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Thumbs up

♫♪♫♫ “I like big rocks and I cannot lie...” ♫♪♫♫
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

First page

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Nice pics, get them in-game.

Can we assume that all the grass and tree replanting has been done (was long ago reported this needed to be done by hand and would consume time as you were not using something like Speedtree)?

Get the new user experience functional and on testlive asap so you can get feedback and have it ready to go live with (or before) the engine arrives.

Get those heads posted, you -will- have work yet to do on some of them once the players see what's there.

I'm assuming that rebalance is on the back burner (which is fine by me) due to no new updates on it for nearly 1/2 a year now?

New heal kits are fine, aside from some concern about the "can't use while teammates/pets have aggro", would like to hear the logic of the argument that won out on that aspect.

Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Rebalance news would be very very welcome, but it looks more like they are focosing on finishing the gfx, possibly to attract more customers with shiny shiny new things.

At least that's the conclusion one reaches without further info.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Will we get the Agent Nano documentation any time this year?
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Very nice looking Indeed. Can we get a screen of Penumbra? O0

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast